Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

A picture says a thousand words, so have a look at this picture of the disc in team driver Per-Ola Hard's car

Old 04-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can it be that Mr. Pyramid is wrong or is it not important how the disk should spin ?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

What about the real thing?

Now I realy dont know how to turn the disk
Old 04-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Oh my!!! That is confusing - we need one of the prophets to answer this
Old 04-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Prophet

I remember discussing this here or on mytsn with Pyramid... Can't remember.

Anyway, Pyramid says that he likes the vented disc to be installed like that as per the AMG Mercedes disc brakes. I found that installing the disc brakes that way made the brakes grab too hard for my liking. It was as though like an on off switch thingy. For me, I felt like there was no control to actually want how much of brakes. Important I think when running oneway.

I guess putting the vented disc brake whichever way is a matter of personal preference...
Old 04-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default FAQ Update Warning!!!!!

What is missing in the FAQ which you would like to see.

I'm spending the rainy day today updating the FAQ.

Let me know what you'd like to see.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default I printed the FAQ

Hi,

I printed the faq so i could use it at the track... witch was quite unhandy because there are all kinds of references to articles... maybe it's a good idea to append the articles (as a chapter?)

This way the FAQ get's to be a 'handbook' on the circuit

I know i can print the articles myself.. but it seems unhandy (oke oke, lazy!)

other thing.. i'm using xpdf to read the pdf file, are the url's noted in the file not a link? (if not, make them if you can!)
Old 04-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD

Anyway, Pyramid says that he likes the vented disc to be installed like that as per the AMG Mercedes disc brakes. I found that installing the disc brakes that way made the brakes grab too hard for my liking. It was as though like an on off switch thingy. For me, I felt like there was no control to actually want how much of brakes. Important I think when running oneway.

I guess putting the vented disc brake whichever way is a matter of personal preference...
Agree with you D. I do it the other way round too ... found the brakes have smoother response and "cleans" itself.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD

No doubts it grabs very hard and even can jam the wheels but the stoping power still not as good as TC3. Have you got any ideal to improve that?
Old 04-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: I printed the FAQ

Originally posted by _cyclops_
Hi,

I printed the faq so i could use it at the track... witch was quite unhandy because there are all kinds of references to articles... maybe it's a good idea to append the articles (as a chapter?)

This way the FAQ get's to be a 'handbook' on the circuit

I know i can print the articles myself.. but it seems unhandy (oke oke, lazy!)

other thing.. i'm using xpdf to read the pdf file, are the url's noted in the file not a link? (if not, make them if you can!)
The links will be fixed this time

Adding the articles is a lot more work, though - this won't happen in this revision, but maybe for version 3.
I've added some more things which I think are useful, like the drive ratio table and Julius' Luxembourg setup sheet - these are things which are useful to have at the track.

Any further suggestions?
Old 04-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys,

I was trying to tune my Mega ZX-12 Race at the track today, but I had to make the bottom end so rich - way beyond what I would expect - I ended up with over 8 turns out on the LSN!!!
I took my engine apart and I found that it has 0.5mm worth of head shims Is this normal?

I'm running the plug that came with the kit and 16% fuel.

To set the LSN, I used the advice that Paolo gave. Pinch the fuel tubing about 5mm from the end and if the engine still idles for 5 seconds at the same revs and then goes higher before cutting out, then it is ok.

I must say, once I had done this it was flying, with the engine temp at 90C - but after a few laps, its pickup wasn't be as good. And when I release the throttle in the corners, the revs remain high for a couple of seconds.
The idle screw is set as low as I can get it without the engine wanting to stall - looking into the barrel, the gap is small - it isn't like I have a big idle gap to hold the engine alive, due to a rich bottom end.

Should there really be so many shims under the head?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by markp27
Hi Guys,

I was trying to tune my Mega ZX-12 Race at the track today, but I had to make the bottom end so rich - way beyond what I would expect - I ended up with over 8 turns out on the LSN!!!
I took my engine apart and I found that it has 0.5mm worth of head shims Is this normal?

I'm running the plug that came with the kit and 16% fuel.

To set the LSN, I used the advice that Paolo gave. Pinch the fuel tubing about 5mm from the end and if the engine still idles for 5 seconds at the same revs and then goes higher before cutting out, then it is ok.

I must say, once I had done this it was flying, with the engine temp at 90C - but after a few laps, its pickup wasn't be as good. And when I release the throttle in the corners, the revs remain high for a couple of seconds.
The idle screw is set as low as I can get it without the engine wanting to stall - looking into the barrel, the gap is small - it isn't like I have a big idle gap to hold the engine alive, due to a rich bottom end.

Should there really be so many shims under the head?

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers, Mark.
i kind of had the same problem yesterday, for no reason all the botom end went, i changed the plug, checked the clutch and did the pinch test every thing seemed ok so i am kinda stumped! but when it did pick up it was real good.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am planning on racing this weekend and want to get a new pipe. I dont need anything special. Just something that fits without any modifications. Any suggestions with links that can deliver by friday? Thanx guys

My engine is a L3 from Nova Rossi.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by alucard13
I am planning on racing this weekend and want to get a new pipe. I dont need anything special. Just something that fits without any modifications. Any suggestions with links that can deliver by friday? Thanx guys

My engine is a L3 from Nova Rossi.
hey mike we have the new skyline vr 12 down at the hobby shop for cheap.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by roadrage
hey mike we have the new skyline vr 12 down at the hobby shop for cheap.
Do they have a few of them? I can pick it up on my way up on saturday. hope they dont run out. see you sunday Thanx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.