Old 11-05-2004, 06:30 AM

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Yup.
But far as i know, thesy only had natural-polished color
They do have it in orange, just not serpent kind of bright orange
Old 11-05-2004, 07:11 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by kreidel
tyr postin g it ni the Fro S ale for um.
HEHEHEHEHE
Old 11-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

i wanna buy a titanium screw set for my 710, and have been looking at the set from East, are they any good, and can i use metric tools on then?

Is there any other brand that is better?

Also need a full bearing set, any recomondations?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Finken
i wanna buy a titanium screw set for my 710, and have been looking at the set from East, are they any good, and can i use metric tools on then?

Is there any other brand that is better?

Also need a full bearing set, any recomondations?
I can say that this is the best set I've found because it includes the different ones you need under the chassis as well. Screw heads are as per originals.

Full bearing set? I use the SpeedMind MTX3 set but seems that they're hard to find these days. Maybe you should try this set and let us know how they are.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I can say that this is the best set I've found because it includes the different ones you need under the chassis as well. Screw heads are as per originals.

Full bearing set? I use the SpeedMind MTX3 set but seems that they're hard to find these days. Maybe you should try this set and let us know how they are.
Hi,

I would get the Acer racing ceramics. The quality seems to be among the highest, and they are easy to get. Just go to: www.acerracing.com, and you can order from there.

I wouldn't get Ti screws. Your driving style needs to be very consistent and smooth for that, else you will bend them very fast.
Go for the Serpent Alu screws only on top of the chassis. Having more heavy screws on the downside of the car will not affect the CG.

Thomas
Old 11-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

I would get the Acer racing ceramics. The quality seems to be among the highest, and they are easy to get. Just go to: www.acerracing.com. and you can order from there.

I wouldn't get Ti screws. Your driving style needs to be very consistent and smooth for that, else you will bend them very fast.
Go for the Serpent Alu screws only on top of the chassis. Having more heavy screws on the downside of the car will not affect the CG.

Thomas
try the titanium turn buckels
Old 11-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with Thomas about the acer bearings - they are beautiful and smooth :yes: but you have to degrease them and re-lube them with serpent bearing lube before fitting them, as the grease which is in the bearings as standard is too heavy.

As for Ti screws, the weight saving is about 16 gramms, they are nice to have, but not essential.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Forgot about Acer ... our friend MarkP has a set. they're cheaper than the RCM ones too!

As for Ti screws ... obviously there are a lot of opinions out there.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Have any of you bendt them?
Old 11-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Not as yet - I even flew through a fence at Onkel Sow's track without bending any of them I was so shocked at seeing another racer fly off into the fence, that I followed him
Old 11-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with Thomas about the acer bearings - they are beautiful and smooth :yes: but you have to degrease them and re-lube them with serpent bearing lube before fitting them, as the grease which is in the bearings as standard is too heavy
Are we talking about the ceramic ones? if so, can you use any type of degreaser on them?

I thought ceramic bearings was maintaiance free...............
Old 11-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Are we talking about the ceramic ones? if so, can you use any type of degreaser on them?

I thought ceramic bearings was maintaiance free...............
They have the same style of rubber seals as the standard bearings, so they can be easily degreased. I use brake cleaner to degrease my bearings - the same stuff I use for the standard bearings.
Any types of bearings will need to be cleaned and lubed, otherwise they won't run free - Ceramic bearings are harder wearing, but it is better to look after them just as well as standard ones.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27
I agree with Thomas about the acer bearings - they are beautiful and smooth :yes: but you have to degrease them and re-lube them with serpent bearing lube before fitting them, as the grease which is in the bearings as standard is too heavy.

As for Ti screws, the weight saving is about 16 gramms, they are nice to have, but not essential.

Cheers, Mark.
this is interesting...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=52400

Mark,PM me about the trip details.....I'll fill you in my trip to England..
Old 11-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastharry
this is interesting...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=52400

Mark,PM me about the trip details.....I'll fill you in my trip to England..
Will do, thanks, Harry.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Nope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.