Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Good thing to have in mind, if you're going to Brazil sometime, don't buy the 710
Old 10-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: what do you do?

Originally posted by packetdreamer
let's say your serpent is all setup and going. on a particular track the fastest lap time is 20.5 seconds. occasionally you are able to get laps of about 20.6 but typically your laps are in the 21.3 (-/+ .3).

in this scenerio what would you do?

a) keep practicing with the same setup - (if the current setup can get you a 20.6 the setup is probably ok)

b) see if you can change somethings on the car to reduce lap times - (maybe overall drivability will be improved and may result in better laps)

c) buy a the kit the faster guy is using - (hey, whats another $400 bucks!?)

i am thinking i should just keep practicing.
You left out option D!!! Contact InitialD

Then there is my option E.....I would sell everything and take up competitive basketweaving! Thats just me though, I always take the easy way out.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: what do you do?

Originally posted by kreidel

Then there is my option E.....I would sell everything and take up competitive basketweaving! Thats just me though, I always take the easy way out.
d: i figured ID would contact me - helpful as he is.

e: competitive basketweaving, huh? man, i'd be weaving baskets so quick there would be fires all over the place. uh-huh that's right! i said it! you think you can weave faster than me!!??? BRING IT! JUST BRING IT!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: what do you do?

Originally posted by kreidel

I like it...basketweaving
Old 10-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

If the Kyosho is that damn fast with the wrong tires then the Serpent 710 is a total disaster.

Thomas
kyosho is too rich to have these kind of problem. if kyosho can't get tyre, probably no more foam for tyre left in the world
Old 10-16-2004, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: what do you do?

Originally posted by markp27
I think most of us are "lifers" with Serpent, too! I like the way they do things and the access to information for the team drivers, etc.
I am probably one of only a handful of serpent drivers in this country, part are impossible to get localy let alone the kit! However they still make a good car my Grandfather drove them in the U.K (at chrystal palace) even featured on Blue Peter with one once! So if we dont win the worlds this year thers always nextime!

P.S We wont talk about how well Mugen is doing there!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Car Breaker
kyosho is too rich to have these kind of problem. if kyosho can't get tyre, probably no more foam for tyre left in the world
Hi,

I live in the Netherlands and I have seen a lot of Serpent an dtheir way they do thing in the pas few years.
This is just a mistake made by them, they have a lot of money!
They are testing new things almost every week so the money isn't a isseu!

Bye Thomas
Old 10-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

can someone please explain ackermann for me? does it have to do with both wheels turning the same amount?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

is the serpent cleaning gum the same thing as the kneaded eraser i have been using for years, or is it more spectacular?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

As I learnt, ackermann is how much more the inner wheel turns compared to the outer one, and I think it gives you more or less responseitive steering, not sure though..
Old 10-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by New_Toasted
As I learnt, ackermann is how much more the inner wheel turns compared to the outer one, and I think it gives you more or less responseitive steering, not sure though..
good start, thanks!
Old 10-16-2004, 08:10 PM

OK, here is question for the three musketeers,

Tsyach-Indonesia is in 6th with hiss RRR while MSalven-we all know is in 7th. The car or else? share your toughts, the next worlds might be in Indonesia
Old 10-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pyramid

Tsyach-Indonesia is in 6th with hiss RRR while MSalven-we all know is in 7th. The car or else? share your toughts, the next worlds might be in Indonesia
i think kyosho really came very prepared for the worlds ... maybe serpent should be more serious next time
Old 10-17-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid

My point of view, it's is quite simple, I think - just look at how the RRR dominated the whole event....Kyosho simply had the best package for the WC.

I don't subscribe to the view of criticising Serpent with regards to sloppy preperation or underfunding. If you turn up to the WC with the car's designers, the engine's designers and tuners, the best driver, as well as a number of national champions, the boss of the firm, etc. you're taking the event seriously and you're spending quite a bit of money in the process. Maybe Kyosho did throw a lot more money into the event, but as Mike Myers has already reported, the RRR was the only car there to handle the bumps and to allow the car's power to be transfered to the track with the greatest efficency. This has a lot more to do with the car's design than it has to the ability of a company to fund a team at the WC.

Regarding the tyre situation - we still don't know officially what this was all about, so I'm not even going to comment on something which remains a rumour.

Kyosho and Bertin really deserved this WC and the talk of funding, etc. doesn't and shouldn't deminish their achievement throughout the whole event. Bertin was on the ball from the first few laps. The package Kyosho provided worked perfectly in every department and this is shown by the way in which they dominated the even. All the other teams were very strong in some/most departments, but not in all and you see the result of this here.

What I'm interested in now, is to look back and forward: how was the RRR performing on other tracks? and how do they now go forward to transfer this result to other tracks/races!
I don't know how the RRR was performing up until the WC, so was there already a pattern which suggested the domination which was shown at the WC?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by BIBOY
i think kyosho really came very prepared for the worlds ... maybe serpent should be more serious next time
I hope are going to the Mugen, Hpi, Yokomo etc threads and are going to post the same thing!

I dont want to take anything away from The Kyosho team they did an excellent job, However it does seem they got a little lucky with there car at THIS track. After reading the reports it seems the car was super fast as soon as it hit the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.