Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Putnam Propulsion

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

What's up Todd? How is everything going? Nuts in California. When do you plan on making it out to the left coast?
Daryl Silva
Team Checkpoint
Old 08-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

What's up Todd? How is everything going? Nuts in California. When do you plan on making it out to the left coast?
Daryl Silva
Team Checkpoint
Old 08-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Brushes

Been using Blue/Green Putnam Brush combination in my monster and P2k2 but guys over here have moved away from these recently to use F Lines and XXX lemans. Any thoughts on these Todd? What spring combinations would you suggest? Is iw worth trying other coloured brush combinations? I assume that they wouldn't make the motor any quicker otherwise you would have done it in the first place right?
I run on small tight indoor tracks on carpet with my P2K2 and Monster, I also use your Quad and Binary outside on ashpalt.
Thoughts guys?

Paul
Old 08-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Daryl: Coming out to Vegas for Scotty's race...we may have an interesting new team driver announcement at that race as well...Stay tuned...

Paul: I've have very limited experience with the F Brush. One of my drivers tested some of the "good version,"(I've been told there have been 4? different compounds to date, but I'm really not sure,) that were out at the Snowbirds in February. They were about 3-5 watts off, and were a lap slower on the track.

The XXX compound is more suited for maximum longevity between rebuilds, not maximum horsepower. I have actually tested/raced some of the XXX samples I rec'd from Trinity, and they absolutely are a long lasting compound at the expense of some performance. If you want to race leisurely and not touch your motor all day, run the XXX's. If you want to race competitively, and aren't afraid of a little motor maintainance, (or Big Trophies...lol) use our #EFB-180 green/blue combination.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am currently using the blue/green brushes and as you say do require a little maintainence which isn't a problem. How much to ship say 20 pairs over here to the uk?

Can you recommend a good starting FDR for your Binary and Quad motor for a 20 x 32 m carpet track indoor. Quite a flowing track usually. Just so I've got a starting point for our winter series here....

Cheers

Paul
Old 08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
If you want to race competitively, and aren't afraid of a little motor maintainance, (or Big Trophies...lol) use our #EFB-180 green/blue combination.

Hi Todd,

Just wanted to know how do I order some of your brushes (EFB180)? I have had a look on your website but it doesn't seem to have anything about ordering. I live in Australia and was wanting 10 pairs to try. Please let me know how I can get some of your brushes.

Many thanks,
Leonard.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Oh, don't make the mistake of going to our website and expecting updates...it really needs to be updated.

As for shipping to the US, depends on how fast you want them. As for a rollout, (FDR) trial and error is the best method...
Old 08-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Daryl: Coming out to Vegas for Scotty's race
And what a fun time we are gonna have!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Master

Oh, don't make the mistake of going to our website and expecting updates...it really needs to be updated.

As for shipping to the US, depends on how fast you want them. As for a rollout, (FDR) trial and error is the best method...
Sorry to be a pain in the butt. BUt how do I actually order brushes and motors from you if the website is no good? And as far as postage is concerned, I would prefer either USPS global priority or EMS (safe and trackable)

Let me know which way you would prefer and also payment method.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Dirty Dog: The reason we do not have a "store front" website is that we don't believe in competiting or selling against all the hobbyshops/tracks that carry our products...nor do the hobbyshop/track owners.
The hobby shop owners really appreciate that fact that we aren't selling our products direct through the site as well. Since our products are performance-based products for the racer, that means that the majority of our business comes from shops that also own tracks. The shop/track owners undertake a huge overhead and responsibility to provide facilities for us to race at. Cutting their throats by selling direct is like biting the hand that feeds you.
Check with Arcadia in Australia. If they do not have the products in stock, feel free to contact us so we can get you what you need.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the info, didn't know that was the situation. I will check them out.

Cheers.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

...Glad to help. Let me know how you make out...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The XXX compound is more suited for maximum longevity between rebuilds, not maximum horsepower. I have actually tested/raced some of the XXX samples I rec'd from Trinity, and they absolutely are a long lasting compound at the expense of some performance. If you want to race leisurely and not touch your motor all day, run the XXX's. If you want to race competitively, and aren't afraid of a little motor maintainance, (or Big Trophies...lol) use our #EFB-180 green/blue combination.

very well put todd...

anyway, im really not afraid of "maintaining" my motor every run, but the "plus" for me of the XXX brushes is the longevity of the brush itself, not the comm wear. right now i use the green/blue combination on my stock and 19T motors...

what would you say is the "performance loss" in using the XXX brushes?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Todd,
Just noticed that this tread has popped back up ........great to see your feed back and support here.

I sent you an email, hope you got it.

I've been distributing Todds products to shops across Canada for the past 3 years and I have to say it has been going well. Putnam is becoming a more common word in the pits. And being shown on the tracks more often.

Thanks for all your continued support.

Jesse
Old 08-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

I have to say that Todd is true to his word i am not a team driver the only team i drive for is myself, i tried every new brush that hit the market and the green/blue nothing touch it if you want power Putnam is the way to go hands down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.