Wiki Posts
Search

Opinion's on Kyosho GT-2

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Opinion's on Kyosho GT-2

Is this a competitor in it's class ? Is their a better choice for the same or less money ? Any complaint's i need to know before buying ? Talk amongst yourselves .. I'll give you a topic GT2 or something else ?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Transamman25
Is this a competitor in it's class ? Is their a better choice for the same or less money ? Any complaint's i need to know before buying ? Talk amongst yourselves .. I'll give you a topic GT2 or something else ?
contact Winners Circle. He is a distributor of Kyosho products and he is local to me and a few others. He knows it all about Kyosho. It is very competitive. I can only think of a couple 1/8 scale on-road cars. The Kyosho IGT is a very good car (im going to upload vids of us running today tomorrow at work)

Only complaints are the bolts on the car need to be taken out and loctite put on them and the engine needs to be meshed tighter to the tranny. If its too far out, it'll rip 2nd gear teeth off.

These cars are durable as hail. We had 4 GT2's out today and one 1/10 mugen and we were hittin each other, sliding into the wall fairly hard with nothing broken. VERY strong and durable cars.

-Ant.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input anyone else ?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The dual disk brakes are trash. I rounded out the centers of both disks in two five minute qualifiers. Yes to the loctite and mesh problems. Otherwise the car is tight. Handles well at high and low speed. When you lower the shift point and let the torque of the motor wind up the tall gearing it is a rocket. I fixed the brake problem with the single turned Kyosho rotor and sintered brake pads.

Oh yeah... the paint flakes off of the body with little contact... i mean really flakes off. Big chunks. The wrong type of paint was used... at least on the corvette.

Did I mention that I love the car and think that it is a step up from the GT.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

I would have to seriously consider the OFNA DM1. Its a very good handleing car.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wizby
I would have to seriously consider the OFNA DM1. Its a very good handleing car.
Thats it? he needs reasoning.

Oh yeah, the GT2 has a 150cc tank.

-Ant.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
The dual disk brakes are trash. I rounded out the centers of both disks in two five minute qualifiers. Yes to the loctite and mesh problems. Otherwise the car is tight. Handles well at high and low speed. When you lower the shift point and let the torque of the motor wind up the tall gearing it is a rocket. I fixed the brake problem with the single turned Kyosho rotor and sintered brake pads.

Oh yeah... the paint flakes off of the body with little contact... i mean really flakes off. Big chunks. The wrong type of paint was used... at least on the corvette.

Did I mention that I love the car and think that it is a step up from the GT.
you forgot to mention the brushings that need to be replaced in th 2nd gear.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
you forgot to mention the brushings that need to be replaced in th 2nd gear.

Haven't had that problem... yet...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Haven't had that problem... yet...
Nor have I. I also havent even heard of that. 2nd gear will strip if the engine is too far away and it shifts too late.

-Ant.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Wow, this is exactly the feedback i was looking for! Have i mentioned , i love this site ? I was wondering being as the paint they used suck's is their a clear body option ? What kind of fuel and glow plugs are you guys using ? Other than the brake upgrade - any other upgrades that will be worth it ?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

The spec engine best runs a 16%, but most people run at 20%, and it seems to run just fine at that. I only got 20% because it's hard to find 16% at any of my LHS.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

I have heard that the clear corvette is available. My LHS hasn't been able to get it for me yet.

I run 20% just fine thank you.

The tires aren't for racing. I hope you knew that.

There are other things... try the GT thread here in the nitro on-road section.. a lot of chat there and some great information.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

I have heard that the clear corvette is available. My LHS hasn't been able to get it for me yet.

I run 20% just fine thank you.

The tires aren't for racing. I hope you knew that.

There are other things... try the GT thread here in the nitro on-road section.. a lot of chat there and some great information.
I got the clear Vette body the other day, very nice too

16% Werks or Maxy fuels for me
Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Transamman25
Wow, this is exactly the feedback i was looking for! Have i mentioned , i love this site ? I was wondering being as the paint they used suck's is their a clear body option ? What kind of fuel and glow plugs are you guys using ? Other than the brake upgrade - any other upgrades that will be worth it ?
Ok, the paint issue is NOT that bad. I will take a pic of my beat up Vette and show you that the paint last longer than the plastic.

The clear Vette body is available now. You can purchase it through winnerscirclerc.com among other parts for the car.

I used the plug given to me for quite some time, yesterday we had 4 GT2 cars out and 3 of them were running hot plugs, I was running an O.S. A5. I was having a problem after about 1/2 tank to finish it would feel like it was running out of fuel. It was about 45-55º out with overcast. Not sure if that was due to the plug or not. Cus I couldnt get it just right with tuning.

If your going to race this car, most classes are STOCK. Upgrades only to brakes, tires, servos, radios. Everything else needs to be stock. There arent THAT many upgrades for the GT2 b/c like i said, most places are stock only. I believe it makes it more competitive and more FUN.

We had 5 cars out sunday, 4 1/8 GT2's and 1 1/10 Mugen and we were laughing our asses off.

-Ant.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Zootcapri, Where did you get your rotors and brake pads from? I need to replace them and get the car running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.