Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
Hey do guys have this problem with the ms ... my car steering knuckles bearings wallble .. what can I do to take that out!?

Mine wallbles too....I think its got to due to bearing tolerences of the balls.In RC usually lower tolerence level like abec3 or 5 are used. To get rid of the wallble...Try to get your hands on abec 7 bearing....
Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys 2 questions

-DOES ANY OTHER COMPNIES BALL DIFF SET WORK FOR THIS TAMIYA BALL DIFFS??? (THRUST BEARING, SCREWS!)

-Why does the MS upgrade kit even bother to have the 4 side POSTS?!??? i mean the top deck/rear bulkhead dont even use them... LOL???
Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Man
Hey Guys 2 questions

-DOES ANY OTHER COMPNIES BALL DIFF SET WORK FOR THIS TAMIYA BALL DIFFS??? (THRUST BEARING, SCREWS!)
Dude, chill on the capitals. Yokomo make diff plates that can fit the 415 diff, a lot of bearing manufacturers make diff balls for the Tamiya, as well as other brands, diff. Don't think there are any third part diff screw or thrust bearing makers.
-Why does the MS upgrade kit even bother to have the 4 side POSTS?!??? i mean the top deck/rear bulkhead dont even use them... LOL???
You mean the inch or so tall posts? They are useful if you don't want chassis flex (like for carpet racing).
Old 01-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by senna555
Anybody know who has these in stock? Tamiya 3 hole piston part number 53573

Speedtech is out of stock and towerhobbies does not carry them.

Thanks

Jamie
try Tamiya USA(America) they might be able to help you out
Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HPI thrust bearing also is working on Tamiya diffs. That´s what I use now.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sushi Man

I don't see whats wrong with the Tamiya diff screws ? I have only ever ran low turns Modified's in my 415 and only a Tamiya thrust bearing and I have yet to have a problem. I have replaced the pulley a few times and I have replaced the outdrives a few times but they were not trashed, just worn. I do use Acer ceramic diff balls and Yokomo diff plates in my diff. I do have a packet of thrust bearings spare but I still run the thrust bearing that came with my car.

If your junking the diff you must be doing something wrong....
Old 01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey guys im selling my MS .. used once... http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99087
Old 01-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack2
I don't see whats wrong with the Tamiya diff screws ? I have only ever ran low turns Modified's in my 415 and only a Tamiya thrust bearing and I have yet to have a problem. I have replaced the pulley a few times and I have replaced the outdrives a few times but they were not trashed, just worn. I do use Acer ceramic diff balls and Yokomo diff plates in my diff. I do have a packet of thrust bearings spare but I still run the thrust bearing that came with my car.

If your junking the diff you must be doing something wrong....
I agree......I ran my 415's all summer at an outdoor track that was about 175ft x 100ft if not bigger using 8,9, and 10Ts. Never had a diff go bad
Old 01-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys & gals, i have a set-up question. Every thing on my car is box stock except that the front shocks are moved in 1 hole on the shock tower and i have a Direct centre pulley with 1*of neg camber all around. The problem i am having is that turn-in is good, in the middle is good but going out of a corner is not so good, it just wants to snap away luckily it grips right back but it is a bit unsettling (running on high grip and fast carpet tracks using CS22 tyres) . How would i get rid of this problem, would i have to raise the rear front suspension block or raise the rear rear block .

Thanks, Charles
Old 01-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Hi guys & gals, i have a set-up question. Every thing on my car is box stock except that the front shocks are moved in 1 hole on the shock tower and i have a Direct centre pulley with 1*of neg camber all around. The problem i am having is that turn-in is good, in the middle is good but going out of a corner is not so good, it just wants to snap away luckily it grips right back but it is a bit unsettling (running on high grip and fast carpet tracks using CS22 tyres) . How would i get rid of this problem, would i have to raise the rear front suspension block or raise the rear rear block .

Thanks, Charles

Are you using the yellow springs ? If so then that's one thing to change, well too soft for carpet.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin

Thanks, Charles
Try using tamiya whites up front with a blue sway bar. In the rear use tamiya blues and no sway bar. If you can mix your tires, run 27's in front and glue the side walls on the 27's. Keep the 22's on the rear, but don't glue them. This set-up should help alot.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys posting this question for a friend who has an MSX Refine on the way. What fron arms does it use, standard or LW?

Thanks in advance. Also any spare he should get right away would be helpful.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

LW, only the original 415 comes with the standard suspension.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Hey guys posting this question for a friend who has an MSX Refine on the way. What fron arms does it use, standard or LW?

Thanks in advance. Also any spare he should get right away would be helpful.
LW arms is what it uses and I would get spares of those they come one front and one back to a set. Also get knuckles, and castor blocks. I'm not sure if the R2 comes with aluminum carriers or not if not get some of those too.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Sorry i forgot to say i am using Xray light blue springs all round and no sway/roll bars as this is what i changed before a ran the car

Charles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.