Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Yes at last customs have reliesed my MSX kit. Hell i might even get it tomorrow all been well.

Any news on your one Ed?
As of 11:39Pm this evening, it arrived at the "national hub"... fingers crossed tomorrow
If not Thursday at the latest

I mean, doesn't this just need the parts

http://www.thard.co.uk/images/DSCF0102.JPG

Ed
Old 10-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

just curious, my kit is arriving from speedtech 2morrow, can any one tell me if the body post mount the same or do i have to cut new holes in my new body?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

ooooo the bling

need.....my..... msx..... Drool
Old 10-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default bearings

can someone tell me where to get a ceramic bearing set for a 415 ms?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi custom,

try http://www.speedtechrc.com/
Old 10-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
As of 11:39Pm this evening, it arrived at the "national hub"... fingers crossed tomorrow
If not Thursday at the latest

I mean, doesn't this just need the parts

http://www.thard.co.uk/images/DSCF0102.JPG

Ed
Hey TryHard (ED), noticed you also have the TAM 415 spool. Have you raced it already? If you have, how's the durability on it? Got one 3 weeks ago but haven't replaced my Speedtech (1st version) spool yet. Had the 2nd version from Steve (Speedtech) but broke it when I hit the board/pipe @ my LH asphalt track. I'm thinking of using the TAM spool when I upgrade to the MSX conversion (previously was going to get the refine kit - but changed my mind). Oh! by the way awesome website you have. Got good tips re rear toe blks setting when I was installing the lt wt rev arms a week ago.

Let me know your comments or feedback re TAM 415 spool & anybody can also comment as well re the spool. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Besercoe
The shirt is made for midgets though, it will hurt using it as a rag

The MSX is a gorgeous chassis though, ease of adjustment and maintenance will be much better, i have partly finished putting it together, all of that Bling is inspirational.

I have not finished the build yet, but the car feels like it has a lot more flex than an MS.

Damn....!! My conversion kit came direct from Japan as its being brought in by the local tamiya distributor!! But it doesn't come with the black TRF t-shirts!!

Btw,These things come from japan,and asian people are smaller in build than westerners,thus the midget size t shirts. I think I'll fit into it quite well,if I've found one in my conversion kit... !
Old 10-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heya Guys.

Yeah i got my kit from Champ R/C.

The shirt is waaaaaaaaaaay too small, but it fits my g/f ok! She'll have to wear it for me!

Glenn
Old 10-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Hey TryHard (ED), noticed you also have the TAM 415 spool. Have you raced it already? If you have, how's the durability on it? Got one 3 weeks ago but haven't replaced my Speedtech (1st version) spool yet. Had the 2nd version from Steve (Speedtech) but broke it when I hit the board/pipe @ my LH asphalt track. I'm thinking of using the TAM spool when I upgrade to the MSX conversion (previously was going to get the refine kit - but changed my mind). Oh! by the way awesome website you have. Got good tips re rear toe blks setting when I was installing the lt wt rev arms a week ago.

Let me know your comments or feedback re TAM 415 spool & anybody can also comment as well re the spool. Thanks in advance.
Hi,I've been running the speedtech version one although I have the tamiya one.However,after seeing what happened to my friend's tamiya spool I decided to stick to the old heavy steel speedtech version 1...!Unless tamiya comes out with the outdrive replacements... !
Old 10-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Hi,I've been running the speedtech version one although I have the tamiya one.However,after seeing what happened to my friend's tamiya spool I decided to stick to the old heavy steel speedtech version 1...!Unless tamiya comes out with the outdrive replacements... !
What exactly happened Ben to your friends TAM spool?

Thanks as well for your response.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

What exactly happened Ben to your friends TAM spool?

Thanks as well for your response.
Well,just a slight tap on the barriers or a wheel collision would cause the delrin to split.Tamiya gave 2 extra outdrives.His on his last...

So unless,its a big race and u want that extra edge,then use the tamiya or not I'll just stick to the speedtech version 1.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Well,just a slight tap on the barriers or a wheel collision would cause the delrin to split.Tamiya gave 2 extra outdrives.His on his last...

So unless,its a big race and u want that extra edge,then use the tamiya or not I'll just stick to the speedtech version 1.
Thanks for the input Ben. It's a good thing I didn't toss my 1st Speedtech spool (1st version). Bought the light weight version & after 2 outings w/it, it also split open like a flower when I accidently hit the boards @ my LH track. So right now I'll stick w/ the 1st version Speedtech spool. The only sad thing about it though, if that breaks & the TAM spool breaks (including the 2nd set of outdrives), Steve (Speedtech) no longer makes the 1st version spool anymore...only the light weight version.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Got my MSX kit today but no Tshirt. Oh well. Nice box though. I think I will tape it all up with clear tape and use it for a tool box.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks for the input Ben. It's a good thing I didn't toss my 1st Speedtech spool (1st version). Bought the light weight version & after 2 outings w/it, it also split open like a flower when I accidently hit the boards @ my LH track. So right now I'll stick w/ the 1st version Speedtech spool. The only sad thing about it though, if that breaks & the TAM spool breaks (including the 2nd set of outdrives), Steve (Speedtech) no longer makes the 1st version spool anymore...only the light weight version.

Jun... you got a PM
Old 10-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

Hey,
Personally, I find the durability pretty good.... Although I do prefer the tamiya one for outdoor work, purely from durability stand point (too much to hit indoors ). On that point, I've actually only broken one outdrive so far... and that was from running indoors with a 19t..opps.
I will say however, there is a noticeable increase in turn in when running it, mainly as it makes the drivetrain lighter, and reduces the amount the car wants to run on.
Currently, my indoor car (std 415, std suspension) either uses the old speedtech spool, or a yokomo diff I made up. I'm intending my MSX to soley use the tamiya spool or 1-ways, as I'm going to make this my outdoor car.

Thanks for the comments on the website, I do have a few more setups to put up soon, Martin Crisps vegas being one, and Dave Spashetts from the KO GP another. And if your really interested I might put some of mine up....

On another note enteriely
MY MSX SHOULD BE HERE TODAY
can't wait to try the baby t... will go well with my EA motorsport T(ent)-shirt (only jking eric)

Guess I had better on into work today then....

Later
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.