Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Thanks. Are you running the EVO IV aluminum rear hubs or the ones that are for the O4's and TB-02? I use to have the alum ones for my EVO IV when I had a few months back.
You'll need the ones for the 04/tb02.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-27-2005, 04:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by TryHard
You'll need the ones for the 04/tb02.

HiH
Ed
Thankyou. I guess I will make the call to my buddy and tell him I will take his 415.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i think one of the main things i liked about the LW was the options of different caster... plus the different lower shock mounting spots.

that being said, i still mainly used the std suspension when i ran the car... more durable, and plenty fast!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Question for the 415 experts,

I just bought a used 415 on Ebay so I can run a TCS race, I know very little about the car so pardon me if this is a dumb question

Are there different sway bar mounts that are suppose to be used on the rear of the car depending on what size bar is being used?

When I say "sway bar mounts" I mean the black plastic parts that hold the sway bar in place on the bulkhead.

The car I bought has the stock yellow sway bar mounted on it but there is so much play in the mounts due to the size of the groove in them that I don't see how the bar can even work properly. I looked in the manual and I don't see a mention of a different mount to be used in the rear. I'm kind of at a loss.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 07:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by Turbonium
i think one of the main things i liked about the LW was the options of different caster... plus the different lower shock mounting spots.

that being said, i still mainly used the std suspension when i ran the car... more durable, and plenty fast!
That is what I'm liking to hear!!!!!!! Alot of guys still using the stock suspension and going fast.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ozwald Bates

I just bought a used 415 on Ebay so I can run a TCS race, I know very little about the car so pardon me if this is a dumb question

Are there different sway bar mounts that are suppose to be used on the rear of the car depending on what size bar is being used?

When I say "sway bar mounts" I mean the black plastic parts that hold the sway bar in place on the bulkhead.

The car I bought has the stock yellow sway bar mounted on it but there is so much play in the mounts due to the size of the groove in them that I don't see how the bar can even work properly. I looked in the manual and I don't see a mention of a different mount to be used in the rear. I'm kind of at a loss.

Thanks
There are no different mounts for different sway bars. To take the slop out mount the plastic holder in an angle.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Either that or drill a small hole in the mount to put a grub screw in. I'm looking at doing it myself... similar to the evo4 setup.

Regards
Ed
Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Ok thanks,

Any advice for setups taking into consideration I'll be using the Modena body and Tamiya tires?

As far as tires are concerned at what temps do most people switch from A's to B's?

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks

You can also wrap a small amount of tape on the bar where the mount goes over it and/or use "collars" to limited the side to side play.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

There are already collars on the bar, the side to side play is Ok on it, I was just concerned with the vertical play in it. I think what WYD suggested will work well.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

There are already collars on the bar, the side to side play is Ok on it, I was just concerned with the vertical play in it. I think what WYD suggested will work well.
It's ok to have it...but if the bar shifts too much I would think that would change it's tension on wide side or the other...

Anyway...I took some quick pics and posted them on my site.

http://home.comcast.net/~anthony.isl...415/index.html

Under Tuning Tips.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default north east

is there anybody else in the north east running tamiya in the Region 1 or 2 besise me, because I will be running at Track www.Jacksonrcracing.com Jackson NJ, let lay down some rubber with the best outdoor car on the market. I switched back to stock chassis because the Kia is super stiff and little bit heavy
Old 04-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nexus
It's ok to have it...but if the bar shifts too much I would think that would change it's tension on wide side or the other...

Anyway...I took some quick pics and posted them on my site.

http://home.comcast.net/~anthony.isl...415/index.html

Under Tuning Tips.
link is dead
Old 04-27-2005, 09:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Default Re: north east

Originally posted by dawgmeat
is there anybody else in the north east running tamiya in the Region 1 or 2 besise me, because I will be running at Track www.Jacksonrcracing.com Jackson NJ, let lay down some rubber with the best outdoor car on the market. I switched back to stock chassis because the Kia is super stiff and little bit heavy
I will be running their the weekend of June11th for the Express Motorsports race. Never ran a 415 yet but I will do so in another week or two.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Taken some pics of my setup. Was pretty simple to do...

Just have to be wary about screwing the grub screw in too tight. I've set it up so the arms drop under their own weight, but with no slop.

HiH
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.