Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

which item would be better suited for carpet?

a one-way pulley? or a fixed pulley?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Toe Blocks

Hi all,

I am thinking about using the C-A suspension blocks on the front of the 415.

One question I have though, if you use the C-A setup, it would definitely increase the front Toe-Out. Should I do anything to the steering turnbuckles to compensate for the extra toe outs?

Thanks a lot.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

I want to try alex racing skock springs.
Does they fit with the tamiya shocks?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Toe Blocks

Originally posted by DORIFT
Hi all,

I am thinking about using the C-A suspension blocks on the front of the 415.

One question I have though, if you use the C-A setup, it would definitely increase the front Toe-Out. Should I do anything to the steering turnbuckles to compensate for the extra toe outs?

Thanks a lot.
Yup, just readjust them to set your usual toe level.
Running this combo will actually increase toe-in (the arms get swpet backwards), so you'll have to shorten your links a little.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-25-2005, 02:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JRRobiso
I would suggest to get the car coz of the price being sold for. I pre-ordered mine from Speedtech when it was first released in the US. I haven't broken any part yet. I too have the white belts but haven't installed them yet. You might want to get the center locked pulley (if it doesn't have it). Besides if you have any questions re setting up the car or other stuff .... just post it here on the thread. Anyone here will be willing to help you.
Good point, forgot about the locked centre pulley. Although it might already have it, as you say he runs the yoko diff....

The std 415 kit came with a number of spare suspension blocks, but as previously mentioned, it's a good idea to get spares, so you can run similar angles on the F/R (deffiently required if you want to run the C/A or D/A combination on the front)

Sounds like a very good car to me... Had mine for a fair while now (almost 1year), I think I've only broken a few pieces (couple of ball joints, odd wishbone and bent hinge pin) but no major problems at all. It is awesome!

Regards
Ed
Old 04-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by racer
which item would be better suited for carpet?

a one-way pulley? or a fixed pulley?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure.
But as I normally use a spool on carpet, I would say fixed pulley.
Only reason I use the spool is because the carpet tracks I race on tend to be quite small and tight... works better than the 1-way.

HiH
Old 04-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Hugo
Hello,

I want to try alex racing skock springs.
Does they fit with the tamiya shocks?
Yeah I believe they fit.... although never tried. HPI and AE springs also fit.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

After 3 full race meets with the car.... only broken 1 ball connector and 1 arm. This is racing in Modified and the car has taken a fair few hits from the close racing... but ya get that. Only bummer.... my front belt is soooo close to death its not funny. I've got like 3 spares for both front and rear but that's about it. Are there any longer lasting ones.... that don't lack performance??
Old 04-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Toe Blocks

Originally posted by TryHard
Yup, just readjust them to set your usual toe level.
Running this combo will actually increase toe-in (the arms get swpet backwards), so you'll have to shorten your links a little.

HiH
Ed
Thanks for the reply TryHard.

The C-A combo will have a toe-in ? I thought it will give the front more toe-out as C block is wider than A..? or am I wrong?

My 415 feels a little sluggish when going through a huge sweeper that tightens up at the end and I couldn't really make the car "hook", it has got a large turning radius. What can I do to make the car "hook" more and reduce the turning radius so I can have a sharper feel when cornering.

Thanks again~~!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Default suggestive setups for Asphalt

Hi all,

I've not been racing for quite awhile due to other committments.

And RC has really change a lot in a span of few months.

I would like to know what kind of setup I should have for Asphalt racing. I use sorex 40R with sorex type c mid inserts...I'm driving a MS by the way.

Any contribution would be appreciated..
Thanks

Last edited by Ben.C; 04-25-2005 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

DORIFT - Which is the front block and which is the rear block? The likelyhood is that you guys are interpreting how they are writting funny. If the C block is at front and the A block is at the back... then you will have toe out.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by F. Alonso
DORIFT - Which is the front block and which is the rear block? The likelyhood is that you guys are interpreting how they are writting funny. If the C block is at front and the A block is at the back... then you will have toe out.
F.Alonso >
Yes what I am refering to is C at the front and A at the rear.

I have been playing with the setups lately. If I use the above setting, the car will generally have a toe-out setting, but then again, i still have to readjust my steering turnbuckle setting back to my original toe. If the overall toe is the same, whats the advantage of using the C-A block rather than keeping it A-A.

I am new to the settings scene, so any help/inputs would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

I believe that running with a swept arms configuation (CA or DA as opposed to AA) will give you a bit of mid corner steering from what I understand. I haven't really played with it much... only had the car for 3 weeks or so with very little test time, but that's what the effect is I think. Not too sure on the science behind it and why thats the case.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Toe Blocks

Originally posted by DORIFT
Thanks for the reply TryHard.

The C-A combo will have a toe-in ? I thought it will give the front more toe-out as C block is wider than A..? or am I wrong?

My 415 feels a little sluggish when going through a huge sweeper that tightens up at the end and I couldn't really make the car "hook", it has got a large turning radius. What can I do to make the car "hook" more and reduce the turning radius so I can have a sharper feel when cornering.

Thanks again~~!
Your correct, the C/A combo will give inboard toe out.
However as the arms sweep back, the toe links need to be adjusted to retain your usual level of outboard (ie overall) toe.

I believe it has something to do with putting active castor onto the car... although I'm not too sure on that part.
I just know it works (personally running D/A at the moment)

HiH
Ed
Old 04-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: suggestive setups for Asphalt

Originally posted by Ben.C
Hi all,

I've not been racing for quite awhile due to other committments.

And RC has really change a lot in a span of few months.

I would like to know what kind of setup I should have for Asphalt racing. I use sorex 40R with sorex type c mid inserts...I'm driving a MS by the way.

Any contribution would be appreciated..
Thanks
Box setup that came with car works good for rubber/asphalt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.