Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ling way behind the curve here. Jacinda is well on her way, she is already making the neighbor boy cry when she spanks him with her 04.
Going to try for rookie honors at TCS up here this year. I'll have to ask Fred if there is any conflict of interest here since Dad is TRF hmmmmm
Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

typical..I have 3 kids, a garage full of equipment...and no interest.

I take that back, I did catch my youngest using the 3PK with attenna extended as a sword to go after the neighbor...

"dad this is sweet!"
Old 01-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by madjack
typical..I have 3 kids, a garage full of equipment...and no interest.

I take that back, I did catch my youngest using the 3PK with attenna extended as a sword to go after the neighbor...

"dad this is sweet!"
If I had to take one guess...that would be the youngest son?

Steve Wang
Old 01-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jacinda is gonna whoop on all the little kiddies!!!!! lol

-Korey
Old 01-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
EJ can't run TCS since he's a factory guy

Neil, the planes are pretty dialed. I haven't crashed one yet. Maybe I'm not doing stupid stuff close enough to the ground. I have had a few 'bad landings' but nothing damaged. Right now I'm flying a brushless Extra300 with lipo batteries. Will do rolls vertically until it becomes a dot.
I hear helicopters are more forgiving, NOT! Why did you have to go 3D, the 2D road racing isn't good enough for you?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by madjack
Neil,

good to hear from you, are you in TX or in the sand box?

Celer, Silens, Mortalis!
Currently in TX. Leaving for the sandbox next month. Should be a good tour of duty, except for the sand, the camels, the heat, the people, and no RC racing. If we are lucky, our hunting should be interesting.

Semper
Old 01-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blue Belts!

Originally posted by E.J. Evans
Are you going to make Reedy this year Neil?
I'd love to. There are a few aussies I met in Japan that are making the trip from down under. Unfortunately, I'll be going to a far away land to meet exotic and interesting people, and persuade them. I don't think Uncle Sam will forgive me for leaving. Perhaps when I return, I'll come visit Cali for some much needed racing.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:18 PM
PMR
Tech Apprentice

Default Randy Caster and to those who could help.

I posted a question regarding the MS World Champion parts set but didnt get the response I was hoping I could get to help me fully understand. Hopefully this time somebody kind enough with the experience can kindly explain in detail the suspension blocks with 1XA, 1XB, 1XC & 1XD.

I know this blocks are narrower than the A blocks from the std MS kit. I also know that you could adjust the in board toe of the front suspension but what I don't know are the effects. Do you use the X blocks in conjunction with the A block for the front? What sus. block configurations do you guys use?
Old 01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Randy Caster and to those who could help.

Originally posted by PMR
I posted a question regarding the MS World Champion parts set but didnt get the response I was hoping I could get to help me fully understand. Hopefully this time somebody kind enough with the experience can kindly explain in detail the suspension blocks with 1XA, 1XB, 1XC & 1XD.

I know this blocks are narrower than the A blocks from the std MS kit. I also know that you could adjust the in board toe of the front suspension but what I don't know are the effects. Do you use the X blocks in conjunction with the A block for the front? What sus. block configurations do you guys use?
To answer your question about the Worlds Blocks. The blocks still change the toe in in .5 degree incriments, 1XA would be the widest in the worlds kit, 1 step narrower than the 1X block in the MS. 1XD is the narrowest.

You can add sweep to the front end by using a 1A bridge and a 1D block in front, or say a flipped 1XD and a 1XA in front would give the same amount of sweep, but would narrow the car.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Currently in TX. Leaving for the sandbox next month. Should be a good tour of duty, except for the sand, the camels, the heat, the people, and no RC racing. If we are lucky, our hunting should be interesting.

Semper
Hey Neil, stay safe in the sandbox man!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Red face What da?!

Originally posted by linger
Baby Girl, you dimwit.
She will be the first female TCS national/TCS world/IFMAR world champ.
Not fair... I think Ling gave the wrong advise of running over my little one. I should be training here to race, not to be the race course... (Ling's intentions are becoming clear now... hmm... )

Are there any age restrictions at TCS? We'll try to beat Christian's age by half... say 6 yrs old female TL01 spec champ? Start small first then go for the biggie...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-yikes.jpg  
Old 01-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Blue Belts!

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I'd love to. There are a few aussies I met in Japan that are making the trip from down under. Unfortunately, I'll be going to a far away land to meet exotic and interesting people, and persuade them. I don't think Uncle Sam will forgive me for leaving. Perhaps when I return, I'll come visit Cali for some much needed racing.
"far away land to meet exotic and interesting people, and persuade them"

funny, thats not how I recall delivering the message...

you take care my friend,

J Christensen
Old 01-22-2005, 01:32 AM
PMR
Tech Apprentice

Randy Caster: Thank you for your response, it was most helpful. However I still have three more questions to ask you.

1. Do I use 2mm or 3mm spacers if I flip the the X blocks of the front suspension?

2. What are the effects if I use the widest sweep (1XD & 1XA) compared to a narrow (1XD & 1XC) for the front suspension?

3. I understand if you flip the front blocks, it gives you a lower roll center. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Once again thank you for taking time to answer my questions. You truly are an asset to this thread. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-22-2005, 07:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by PMR
Randy Caster: Thank you for your response, it was most helpful. However I still have three more questions to ask you.

1. Do I use 2mm or 3mm spacers if I flip the the X blocks of the front suspension?

2. What are the effects if I use the widest sweep (1XD & 1XA) compared to a narrow (1XD & 1XC) for the front suspension?

3. I understand if you flip the front blocks, it gives you a lower roll center. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Once again thank you for taking time to answer my questions. You truly are an asset to this thread. Keep up the good work!
If you flip the new narrow blocks a 3mm shim is needed to get the stock RC, a 2mm shim would lower the arms 1mm for low RC.

Narrow blocks will be quicker reacting, but not as stable as wider blocks, just depends on what you are looking for when you decide what to run.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Can anyone make a digital copy of the instructions of the MS World Champion parts and publish it here???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.