Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Burlap
Does anyone know of a place that might be still stocking the base plate/lower deck for a 415MRE?
RC Champ have sold out, haven't heard back from R10 yet, RC Mart only has the 415MSXX and Speedtech RC has none in stock.
TamiyaUSA.com has them, so I'm sure Speedtech can get you one if you ask for one.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nino_pohan
Hi, guys. My TRF ball diff have a problem i hold diff joint (L,R) but i can still rotate (loose) the diff pulley i already change diff plate, diff pulley, screw, spring, trust bearing and try to tight the screw but is not work. what should i do? Thanks
If the diff lock nut is not able to be fully tightened because it is turning inside the diff locknut holder ( I have had this problem in the past), use a small amount of CA glue to secure the locknut to the diff locknut holder. I do this everytime I rebuild a diff, have never had a problem since.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Rampal;
No spacer, I just built my car as kit as kit instructions, no issues on that front.

Everyone;
Regarding the servo saver... I've been using a direct link on my car since mid way through last season, when I finally got P'd off with the slop that generates over time with the savers. So far, not knackered a single servo, and I've had some BIG hits (one even broke the chassis, and servo mount screw!). Only issue I have is occasionally, the ball joint pops off, but when that happens I just replace it.
Works for me basically

Wet setups.... if it's fully wet (ie standing water) raise the ride height, stick on some D20 wets, jobs a good un.... D20 wets generate more grip in full wet than just damp.
If it's damp, look into changing your springs and droop, or just simply lay down your front shocks, and stand up the rears. I've always found that in damp conditions, your forever looking for steering, so running a softer front spring, or even a one-way can be a good option.
Oh, and I've attached a pic of my car waterproofed from last season... full standing water, and the car just kept going... MRT's are awesome!

HiH
Ed
thanks mate we will see what happens this weekend
Old 05-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone knows 415msx mre ver centre direct shaft will fit in 415msx chasis or not?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifrogi
anyone knows 415msx mre ver centre direct shaft will fit in 415msx chasis or not?
Yes, it will
Old 05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: 18t pullys!

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I have been running an 18T centre pulley for the past year and a half...
TRF415boy,
So can you run the belts looser with the 18t? Have you noticed any difference in freeing up the drivetrain?

Tryhard,
I'm running the MRE cnter in my MSX but I had a hard time finding the E clip that holds the plastic gears in place. Had to buy the screw bag kit that had the e-clip.
It cost me $30. So, now I have lots of extra Titanium screw to go with the clip!
So, are you going to watch the Liverpool vs. Milan game. I'm going to watch it now on ESPN 2. I think it's live? Who do you think will win? I'm pulling for Liverpool, I believe they are the underdogs since they are playing in Greese, right?
Max

Last edited by maxepower; 05-23-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
TRF415boy,
So can you run the belts looser with the 18t? Have you noticed any difference in freeing up the drivetrain?

I don't know if you can run them looser, as I never run my belts very loose. One reason is that I don't run stock, and the other is I don't like the feeling with loose belts.

For me the major advantage is that there is a LOT less wear on the pulleys and belts. I have ran the same rear belt for now a year and a half, and the front belt lasted me a whole year. I have never snapped a belt ever since I went to 18T pulleys, where I was snapping belts all the time before. The drivetrain is free there is no problem with that.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation RE: 18t pullies

TRF415boy,
If running the 18t means no snapping off belts than thats reason enough for me to try it! Are the MRE belts long enough to work with the 18t pully?

Liverpool lost!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
TRF415boy,
If running the 18t means no snapping off belts than thats reason enough for me to try it! Are the MRE belts long enough to work with the 18t pully?

Liverpool lost!
No I have bought longer belts from bando, but you need to buy them from a distributor and they might not want to sell them to you. best wait to see what tamiya's doing tbh.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tsquare
If the diff lock nut is not able to be fully tightened because it is turning inside the diff locknut holder ( I have had this problem in the past), use a small amount of CA glue to secure the locknut to the diff locknut holder. I do this everytime I rebuild a diff, have never had a problem since.
I change diff locknut holder (T) but is not work too. i check diff locknut is still good... How about diff ball or diff joint because i dont try to replace it..
Old 05-24-2007, 06:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I'd give the diffballs a go, I don't see how the outdrives could cause it unless the retaining nut isn't sitting in right, have you done the thrust bearing?
Old 05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Is anyone else having a hard time accessing the precision-rc site? Trying to buy a spool and diff covers, but I get as far as registering, but can't check out.

And on that note, would anyone know where I can find the JAAD spool and diff covers in the U.S.?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
TamiyaUSA.com has them, so I'm sure Speedtech can get you one if you ask for one.
I have managed to get one from Rainbow Ten. Due to my geographical location, getting stuff from Japan is cheaper and quicker than the US
Old 05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nexxus
I'd give the diffballs a go, I don't see how the outdrives could cause it unless the retaining nut isn't sitting in right, have you done the thrust bearing?
I already change the trust bearing with the new one.. but is not work too...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Which car is this diff from? is it the aluminum one? because if it is and you have changed almost everything and are still having the problem check to see if the 0.5mm shim that goes inbetween the bearings in the diff is still there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.