Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 12-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by proceed5
Yeah mate, the word should have been "inverted" and not "flip it around"...
some better pics
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-003.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-004.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-005.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-mre-415-006.jpg  
Old 12-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
For the ball cups where you can access the ball stud from the top, cut the top off the ball cup so you can just unscrew the ball stud without having to remove the ball cup.
Same here. I have also replaced most of the ball studs on my MRE with the new Tamiya ball studs with hex heads. Makes for easier maintenance for sure.

Last edited by sohlman; 12-29-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Would anyone here knows how to fit a Center One-way onto the 415-MRE's standard locked-center shaft, or do we need to wait for Tamiya to release a different center shafts to fit in center one-ways ? Thanx.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Would anyone here knows how to fit a Center One-way onto the 415-MRE's standard locked-center shaft, or do we need to wait for Tamiya to release a different center shafts to fit in center one-ways ? Thanx.
Use a standard 415 center shaft, and you are able to fit a center one-way.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Proceed,,,see my pics
Old 12-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

LBSR415 and Tec Nickal, guys thanks. Looks like I'll need the Msx's center shaft afterall.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guy's
I ran my MSX modified today and the car is going great. The speed and handling of the car is the best it has ever been except there is on big sweeping Left hander onto the main straight and as I power through this corner onto the straight at full throttle I get understeer and i have to back off the throttle and then power again. My mates Yoky, he hits it full speed and comes through there so much faster than me. If any of you guys could give me 1 thing to adjust on my car please do to inprove this part of the track because I am fast enough on the rest, but this section has broke my car in to the main straight wall more times then I can remember.The concrete section after the sweeper really hurt's
Here are a few piuc's to show you what I am up against.
pic 1 The sweeper (coming out)
pic 2 The whole corner ( sorry about the picture Dirty lens)
pic 3 The straight and THAT WALL

I have tried different lines with the power on but to slow through there. If I can fix the understeer It would be great.
Thanks Guy's
Addam
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-sweeper-straight-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-sweeper-1-small-.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-sweeper-end-straight-small-.jpg  
Old 12-30-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Addam,

Some things to try (all will give improved on-power steering):

*Run a one-way or spool up front (if you aren't already).

*2 degree caster blocks - but you'll lose some high speed turn-in, and the car will be more twitchy at low speeds.

*thicker rear roll-bar (or thinner front)

*straighten up the rear shocks (ie: more vertical)

*stiffer rear springs

Old 12-30-2006, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Hi Bender
Thanks Mate, I am running a Diff so I will change it to a spool, I used to run the One-way but at our track there are 2 corner's you have to brake hard on and my big ASS would spin out Also I am running a yellow front sway and a red back so i will change to yellow/yellow sway bar.
I have heard that the #2 degree will be better but what do you mean by more twitchy?
Some great things to work on , Man that mean's another late night in the garage Ha Ha.
At least my wife won't have to put up with my snoring
Thanks Mate
Addam
Old 12-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Selling my 415 RD edition. If any uk guys are interested i can sort out a good deal on it.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Bender
Thanks Mate, I am running a Diff so I will change it to a spool, I used to run the One-way but at our track there are 2 corner's you have to brake hard on and my big ASS would spin out Also I am running a yellow front sway and a red back so i will change to yellow/yellow sway bar.
I have heard that the #2 degree will be better but what do you mean by more twitchy?
Some great things to work on , Man that mean's another late night in the garage Ha Ha.
At least my wife won't have to put up with my snoring
Thanks Mate
Addam
Just changing to a spool will solve most of the understeer instantly, as using a diff up front on asphalt is generally a waste of time.

Twitchy - what I mean is that the car will feel very responsive at low speeds, ie: the car will tend to dart around with even the smallest amount of wheel movement, especially on power. Depending upon the track, this can take some time to get used to.

I found at Bayside my MSX worked well with 2 degree caster, but the Evo5 didn't seem to be as good.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's
I ran my MSX modified today and the car is going great. The speed and handling of the car is the best it has ever been except there is on big sweeping Left hander onto the main straight and as I power through this corner onto the straight at full throttle I get understeer and i have to back off the throttle and then power again. My mates Yoky, he hits it full speed and comes through there so much faster than me. If any of you guys could give me 1 thing to adjust on my car please do to inprove this part of the track because I am fast enough on the rest, but this section has broke my car in to the main straight wall more times then I can remember.The concrete section after the sweeper really hurt's
Here are a few piuc's to show you what I am up against.
pic 1 The sweeper (coming out)
pic 2 The whole corner ( sorry about the picture Dirty lens)
pic 3 The straight and THAT WALL

I have tried different lines with the power on but to slow through there. If I can fix the understeer It would be great.
Thanks Guy's
Addam
Hi Addam,
IMO: from your description, if your car understeers (pushes) while in mid corner or exiting the corner, I think a bit too much weight has been transferred to your car's rear-tires relative to the front-tires. Quick remedy to this would be (1stly) stiffening rear springs one notch, and/or (2) soften front springs one notch.
Alternatively, maybe try droop settings. let there be more rear down-drop so that the car can transfer a bit more weight to the front.
As for the front C-hubs I would use 4degrees instead of 2degrees. Generally I would prefer more Front Caster Angle for Fast-Sweeping tracks like in your picture. Depending on situation, adding Positive Front Kick-up may help.
Just my 2cents. Hope it helps. Have a nice one mate.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Thank's Mate,
Have a great new year. 6 hours till new year. 5.59min 5.58 min
Best wishes fellow TRF's
Addam
Old 01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone have the part number for the white springs? (to fit an MRE) ...I keep ordering the wrong ones, I end up getting the short white springs
Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Does anyone have the part number for the white springs? (to fit an MRE) ...I keep ordering the wrong ones, I end up getting the short white springs
They are only availible in a set with the red, yellows, & blues.
the complete set in white is no longer availible

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.