Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Whats the diffrence between the RD 0.4 pinion, steel 0.4 pinion and just a 0.4 pinion?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey

is there any were i can get a compleate ta05 pully conversion for the msx front and rear diff pully plus one way pully and layshaft compleate kit.

you guys were talking about belts ive had the msx for about a year i.m changing belts once twice a month ive had four fixed centre pullys ive even gone to the orignal black belts to be blunt they are pretty shit if you ask me i ran i yokomo before the msx and never replaced a single belt and no they are not too loose.

stu r
Old 08-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TacticalTimbo
It might not be the standard way of doing it, but really whats so bad about Velcro? I migt even use it instead of double sided tape this time to stick the radio gear down. I mean the amount of times I had to rip the radio gear off my last chassis for one reason of another, wasting tape & putting extra stress on it.
using velcro for radio gears like ESC and receiver is fine. but for battery i guess it's fine when you are playing for fun /bashing but it may be not good if you're into racing.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
anyone have the instruction manual for MR edition? thanks
Here's the mre "insert" that comes with the kit

http://www.arroyoc.com/rcracing/msx_mre.pdf
Old 08-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
anyone have the instruction manual for MR edition? thanks
http://tamiya.com/japan/rc/rcmanual/49394trf415msx.pdf
Old 08-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

is the only difference between the MRE msx and the regular MSX the steering set up?? i know that it comes with the Mazda 6 and Marcs signature on the motor mount. but is there any thing that much better?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by <TAMIYA_TRF>
is the only difference between the MRE msx and the regular MSX the steering set up?? i know that it comes with the Mazda 6 and Marcs signature on the motor mount. but is there any thing that much better?
if you're talking about a significant difference then yes, it's the steering. other differences like bigger diff pulley, spool, can be done with little modification on your normal msx.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guy speedtech was selling MR edi only 409 USD only
Old 08-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stuey
hey

is there any were i can get a compleate ta05 pully conversion for the msx front and rear diff pully plus one way pully and layshaft compleate kit.

you guys were talking about belts ive had the msx for about a year i.m changing belts once twice a month ive had four fixed centre pullys ive even gone to the orignal black belts to be blunt they are pretty shit if you ask me i ran i yokomo before the msx and never replaced a single belt and no they are not too loose.

stu r
You can get a conversion kit from Precision-rc.com
Old 08-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The car is significantly different when it comes to the guts but yes, mostly is due to the steering. There are other differences too though.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nordheim
The car is significantly different when it comes to the guts but yes, mostly is due to the steering. There are other differences too though.
i am confused about the more steering i have to set my end points to get 20degrees of lock left and right and i am turning the max throw down still. YEs more steering will make it turn tighter but do you really need to kill your servo so quickly?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
i am confused about the more steering i have to set my end points to get 20degrees of lock left and right and i am turning the max throw down still. YEs more steering will make it turn tighter but do you really need to kill your servo so quickly?

In the name of FAST.... YES...!!

No....just kidding...There are lots of ways to get more steering...The 415 has tonnes of setup options to get the steering you want without killing your servo .
Old 08-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Main Differences

Steering setup, very similar to the Evo5, but with a vertical ball stud on the cross beam. Also means different chassis plate (with holes cut for a cooling bracket, and other suspension block holes), and top plate.

Different pulley setup. Similar to the TA05, except the pulleys have every other teeth removed, and are a slightly different pitch to the standard TA05 ones. Also there is a protective lip on the diff pulley (unlike on the 415/05 ones which are open)

Centre pulley. Now uses alloy brackets, which allow up and down adjustment of the spur gear (allowing bigger spur). Also the centre mount is one-piece, with no seperate layshaft. Much lighter than before.

Rear Alloy top brace. Heat sink design.

Rear hubs. Less play, and 0.5mm lower. I didn't notice this until someone (ta Mr Maddison) pointed it out, but the rear hubs are different. easy to spot as they are marked H0.

All in all, a fair few changes, and with the new steering setup, highly unlikely to be a conversion kit.

And on the Belt thing... I run mine seemingly quite loose. Never have a problem with skipping though, which is what I've always been told. Run them as loose as possible without skipping. Anything thats tight will wear faster than something thats loose... simple fact.
When I push down on the front belt just behind the front pulley, I can touch the top deck easily, and the rear is similarly loose.

That was with the old white belts. Not done enough running on the new setup to tell how these fair.

Ed
Old 08-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
Rear hubs. Less play, and 0.5mm lower. I didn't notice this until someone (ta Mr Maddison) pointed it out, but the rear hubs are different. easy to spot as they are marked H0.
Hey Ed,

Do you mean the Axle height is 0.5mm lower??

Thanks,
Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eirik
Hey Ed,

Do you mean the Axle height is 0.5mm lower??

Thanks,
I asked the same question, the answer is no, only the top bit is lower, so no changes to the RC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.