Team Hurricane Motorsports

Old 01-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Great Races!

Just wanted to say it was cool having the Hurricane crew out at AJ's Sunday. There was great racing in all of the classes. I know I enjoyed it (except when my car decided to drive itself in the 3rd qualifier). That mod class was unbelievable! That was the first time I'd seen a mod class run on carpet in person, and it was the most impressive thing I've seen in a while.

Also, I've got a battery question for all you experts out there. It seems to me that on every pack of GP's I built so far, I've had a hard time soldering the negative terminal of the cells. The positives go great, but negatives always give me trouble. Any tips? Or is this just the way it is? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Juan.....Thanks it was a blast to get back out and run at AJ's. Now with the cells make sure that you are using a hot soldering iron like 60+ watts. You can take some sandpaper or a nail file to the ends of the cells to make sure the solder sticks better....or use a Dremel tool and just rough up the ends of the cells. All this will help when you go to solder the cells into packs. The big key is a hot enough iron....and dont hold the tip on to the cells to long you dont want to over heat them when you are building them. And we will see you back at Aj's sometime.....
Old 01-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Word on the street is that if you are looking for some nice cells for Snowbirds or what ever they are coming off the matchers as I type this. Some really great numbers are being seen act fast if your looking for some high voltage stuff.

Good luck to everyone this weekend at the 3rd leg of the Midwest touring series sponsored by Hurricane!
Old 01-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kevin - Thanks for the tips. That is pretty much what I've been doing. Thinking about what I've read and heard, I wonder if I need to change the tip on my soldering gun. I'll have to give that a try and see if it helps.

Good luck to all the Hurricane crew Saturday! I haven't been able to get to any of the series races yet. Hopefully I can make the last two...
Old 01-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Juan/chuck...that was something else I forgot to mention you really need a bigger size tip for your iron. With the smaller size tips they tend to cool off to fast and are harder to build packs as you have to let it heat back up between cells and if you are in a hurry you can forget and then you get a cold spot and it pops off. So yeah a bigger or newer tip might help you out as well. Bigger I mean if you are using a Hakko....like a 5mm or larger size tip.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

The third race of the Midwest Touring Series is still on for Saturday. Keep an eye on the thread in the Wis Ill thread for Live race updates as the races goes on.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Wow....with all the snow something like close to a foot or more there was 65 guys at the Den for the 3rd round of the midwest series...not to shabby. hurricane drivers took the top 4 spots in stock foam the top 2 spots in 12th scale and the win in stock rubber. It was a good weekend for the Hurricane crew. Now the next series race is at RSJ raceways in Feb.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

The hurricane cells and brushes were awesome again last weekend in Monroe for the Midwest Touring Series Race's 3rd stop. I was able to TQ and win the stock rubber class, and congratulations to Jucha, Johnson, Kane, and everyone else that had success in Monroe. See you at the track!

Matt
Old 01-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hurricane on top again. Congratulaitons to everybody, thanks Brad and Dan......
Old 01-26-2005, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

good main rob.....we will see you at rsj....

matt
Old 01-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

It looks like Hurricane is sponsoring the SuperBowl race at RSJ raceway's on Feb 6th......This would be a good chance for any of you guys going to the Midwest Series race that will be at the same track in a week or two after that to get some nice track time and maybe walk away with a trophy!!!

Who is going to the Birds for Hurricane......so far I know

Brad Johnson
Brian Jucha
Brian Koch
Richard Orr
Drew Ellis
Any one else?????
Old 01-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Rob - Great job on Saturday! You drove awesome to take the win in the 1/12th scale A main.

Kevin - Paul Schwanbeck will be down there running 4 cell and 6 cell pro mod oval. I think he is also running 19t expert oval.

Thanks - Brad
Old 01-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Schwanbeck????....is that some type of water foul?

Anyway good luck to all the guys racing this weekend. For the local guys that are staying home dont forget the Super Bowl race at RSJ Raceways on the 6th....this would be a good time to get some extra track time in for the next series race.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you guys all packed up yet???????i wish i could tag along....oh well...someday....
good luck

matt
Old 01-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Need some advice. Hurricane Gold brushes - what's a good motor/spring combo for 1/12 scale racing using these brushes? Any help is appreciated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.