Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Hurricane Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

So septish is the big come back when you start laying it down again????
Old 08-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kevin/Brad: I will provide you an update from the NORRCA nats on the weekend. Some uncertainty at the moment with the electronics/power that I think I have sorted out. I am sure the batteries and brushes will power me to a good result... now the driving, that's a different deal all together

Early news is that the ROAR national champ in stock pulled into town this morning with the rest of the FL crew. Should be very good battle to make it into the "A".
Old 08-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cool Rich.....keep us up to date on how everything is going at the race. Dont sell yourself short its a long weekend anything can happen.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Kevin: Nah, just having some fun. The car is still pushing but I just received a setup from Todd H. at Losi to try out. According to some others, it has more steering that I will know what to do with. I am hoping I am going to end up with a better motor than the Peak pile that I am running at the moment. The car is good for two runs then it quickly tails off in the power department.

I will post some daily updates. Everyone is still trying to get used to the track, but it looks like its going to be a smallish but strong field from the south.

-Rich
Old 08-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

good luck rich if you have any losi questions ask away, between kevin and i we can come up with something...
Old 08-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

ML >> Thanks. I am going to give that setup a try tonight (assuming the track is dry by then). We are expecting cooler than normal conditions, so the track is going to be tight. I am going to need the steering in Todd's setup. I will let you both know how it works.

-Rich
Old 08-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

ML & Kevin: Do either of you know a good way to build a spool that can be taken apart? I want to avoid the JB Weld and/or glue if at all possible.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

You can use the Losi pads or you can use a piece of carboard in place of the diff balls. Either one should work but the Losi pieces have a sandpaper texture to them to allow the components to grip together.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ya what kraig said....

also, what are the tires you are using.....as a general rule if i run my losi on rubber tires i use a one way......it was just faster.....as long as it was leagal to do so...

matt
Old 08-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

ML >> Tires are CS-27's. The issue is that there are a few turns on the track where having brakes is a big advantage. Those with one-ways tend to get passed on the track quite easily by those with spools.

Do you guys tend to glue them or just use thread-lock on the screws?

Brad >> Sorry for highjacking this thread about your great products.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Rich....last time I use the pads I just took all the concaved washers out and added a .060 spacer in place and just screwed everything together. With the pads they still slip in a really hard wreck but nothing breaks which i feel was better.

Let me know when you get the letter that I mailed out.....if you have any more questions about the contents email me.....Im also waiting for a pic of the bodies mounted on the car....
Old 08-13-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Kevin: Thanks. I am charging the camera right now before any more scuff marks appear on the car The Mazda is definitely the body of choice for the weekend.

Car was really good in practice last night. First round of qualifying starts today at 1pm. There are two qualifiers Friday and three on Saturday. The temperature is ususally cool hear today with temps expected to reach only 79F.

One interesting twist at the track yesterday was that it was sugar-watered for the first time. Traction is really good already.

More news tonight when I get home.

-Rich
Old 08-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Web site special vs national event

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the web special thats running right now.

I'm getting ready for my second year of carpet, picked up a new XXX-S G+ and learn how to drive better this year.

My goal is also to run at a couple of large events. Novak race up a trackside in Jan and the Feb race as well. How well would the 1.165-1.169 run at such an event. I'm not planning on trying to win just compete and learn as much as possible. I know all the big guns will be running 1.17 to 1.18.

Like everyone I'm on a budget. Some insight would be appreciated as to how well the 1.165-1.169 would do.

Thanks...
Old 08-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Rich.....cool cant wait to hear how everything turns out.

bigDogg....the web special packs will perform very well at a race like that. Most people get too worked up by the numbers of the packs. A 1.165 pack is going to be hard to notice any performance gain over a 1.170 to 1.175 pack. The punch that a 1.165+ pack of Hurricane cells offer will be enough to make you say wow. With the great price and offer that is up on the website its hard to pass up with what you get for the price. When you become a more prolifec(sp) racer then will it be worth you going after the 1.175+ packs b/c you might see the advantage of the extra voltage.

If you do make it up to the Novak race or any of the other carpet tracks or races stop by and say hey to Brad or any of the other team drivers....we all are willing to help if you have any questions you might have.

Take care.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

bigdog you have come to the right place for batteries. Hurricane's batteries are very good. Like Kevin said the performance gain from a 1.65 to a 1.75 is hardly noticable on the track. As long as you can get around the track clean you should do very well with 1.65. One thing is for sure about Hurricane's packs is that they are produce by racers for racers so you can bet on good perfromance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.