Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Check your dang messages at the shop
Old 10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brad,

I just wanted to pop in and say Congrats! It was a heck of a battle for the first 3 minutes until I got too anxious and broke my car.

I hope to make it to the Halloween Classic so we can have at it again.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chicky03
Brad Johnson
new wallpaper for my desktop.....and my bedroom! The wife will be happy!!!! Brad still waiting for the child support checks.....do you have our correct address???
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default gold brushes

Brad- are you going to be at harbor at all this weekend? If so would you mind bringing 5 sets of your gold brushes and I will pick them up from you there?

Thanks
Eric
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Good luck on getting any child support, I'm still waiting for the last year now.............
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
new wallpaper for my desktop.....and my bedroom! The wife will be happy!!!! Brad still waiting for the child support checks.....do you have our correct address???
Old 10-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by 74VWTECH
Good luck on getting any child support, I'm still waiting for the last year now.............
Color me shocked. I always thought there was big money in the matched battery biz.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

congrats Brad...nice to see you get the big W
see you guys at the next one
MO
Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just think of the tax deduction he would get if would pay the child support...
Old 10-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Lord

Hey guys, congrats on the good showing at Vegas.

I'm thinking about picking up some EP's, and was wondering if there's a general consensus on how to charge them for club racing. I seem to remember something about not messing with peak lockout. :-)
Old 10-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE I seem to remember something about not messing with peak lockout. :-)[/QUOTE]

he had one of his "new" race packs pop again last night on discharge, go figure
Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hey guys, congrats on the good showing at Vegas.

I'm thinking about picking up some EP's, and was wondering if there's a general consensus on how to charge them for club racing. I seem to remember something about not messing with peak lockout. :-)
What no more Li-Po

Later,
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Syndrome - Will the EP4200's fit in your Lipo car? JK! When you are ready for some EP's let me know. As far as charging and discharging. We have been charging at 7 amps with a .024 peak detect. I do not discharge after the final run of the day. Leave the remaining charge in the batteries. When you are ready for the next use, I highly suggest using a CE Turbo 35 GFX for the discharging of the batteries. I discharge the pack at 35 amps down to 6.00 Volts as a pack. The reason for this is to allow the DPD or CTX-D discharge tray to do its job correctly in the next step. After the discharge is complete on the GFX, I then suggest putting it onto a DPD or CTX-D discharge tray, and bring the cells down to .90 Volts per cell. Let the battery pack cool down to room temperature. You then can start charging. I follow these steps every time I am going to use a pack. Call me if you have any questions.

Thanks - Brad
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Any Hurricane peeps going to the next AllStar Series at Harbor Hobbies...

Do any of your have some nice used packs for sale? A buddy of mine who has only raced some parking lot stuff is planning to head out this coming Saturday for his first carpet TC race. He mainly runs lipo in his TC5 but wants to try some indoor carpet.

By chance does anyone have a couple nice packs they are looking to sell cheap? He might not even race any other Series events but I don't think people would like it if he ran Lipo on Saturday.

Email me if you have anything that he get receive by Saturday or pickup at the track that morning.

[email protected]

--

Brad can you let us know if the new EP cases come in. I own zero packs now and want to make sure I have some new stuff to run for the Series race Saturday as well.

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Lord

Brad,

I love the LiPo's, but they're putting me at a noticeable disadvantage to the NiMH guys in "stock" (13.5), which is more frustrating than anything else. So, I'm going to man up and do what it takes to go faster. It sounds like the EP's are pretty easy to deal with from what I've been reading. I've gotta do something to catch Sydor, it's no fun talking trash when he whips me. Thanks for lesson on the batteries, I'll give you a ring soon.

Hey, if you make it to KC again this year, don't let Bill confine you to those stuffy, fancy BBQ places. They're good, but if you don't mind the scary urban experience, some of the other joints in town are damn good. You just gotta go strapped. :-)

Originally Posted by BJohnson
Syndrome - Will the EP4200's fit in your Lipo car? JK! When you are ready for some EP's let me know. As far as charging and discharging. We have been charging at 7 amps with a .024 peak detect. I do not discharge after the final run of the day. Leave the remaining charge in the batteries. When you are ready for the next use, I highly suggest using a CE Turbo 35 GFX for the discharging of the batteries. I discharge the pack at 35 amps down to 6.00 Volts as a pack. The reason for this is to allow the DPD or CTX-D discharge tray to do its job correctly in the next step. After the discharge is complete on the GFX, I then suggest putting it onto a DPD or CTX-D discharge tray, and bring the cells down to .90 Volts per cell. Let the battery pack cool down to room temperature. You then can start charging. I follow these steps every time I am going to use a pack. Call me if you have any questions.

Thanks - Brad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.