Wiki Posts
Search

molded tire foams

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default molded tire foams

just wanted to get an idea to what u guys like better. molded foams or reg foams. which r better?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
just wanted to get an idea to what u guys like better. molded foams or reg foams. which r better?
i prefer molded foams..
Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

any certain brands? and why?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pballer2777
any certain brands? and why?
i run the orange and yellow ofna foams quite a but.. i have not ran the aka foams yet but a lot of guys swear by them.

to me molded foams hold together a lot better over time and feel much more consistent
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also run the orange ofna foams and like the way they fill. The Pro-line one are to hard for my liking. But thats just what I think.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dalepad
I also run the orange ofna foams and like the way they fill. The Pro-line one are to hard for my liking. But thats just what I think.
man you thing the prolines are hard? have you felt the aka foams? they aka foams are very hard but seem to last forever
Old 01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

The pro-line ones last for ever just they fill funky to me. I like the ofna orange ones even thought your lucky if you can use them twice fill more for given to me.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The pro-line ones last for ever just they fill funky to me. I like the ofna orange ones even thought your lucky if you can use them twice fill more for given to me.

proline foams Do NOT last forever...thats soo far from the truth its not even funny....proline foams are by far the worst in the industry.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I did not say they where the best Im just saying when I cut the pro-line foams out off the tires they had about 85% life left compared to the Ofna orange that are 95% garenteed to crumble when you take them out. I think that the pro-line ones suck when it comes to handling.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I did not say they where the best Im just saying when I cut the pro-line foams out off the tires they had about 85% life left compared to the Ofna orange that are 95% garenteed to crumble when you take them out. I think that the pro-line ones suck when it comes to handling.

thats cuz proline foams are Sooo horribly out of balance....if they would only smarten up and do a foam like AKA or even a quality molded foam like JC the world would be a better place.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

i can't seem to find aka truggy foams with out tires. i can find the buggy foams. anyone if they r avalible.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
proline foams Do NOT last forever...thats soo far from the truth its not even funny....proline foams are by far the worst in the industry.
+1 proline foams are horrible. And I don't see how they are lasting longer than ofna's for you. Any I have used have destroyed themselves with just the slightest bit of moisture. I also feel they are very inconsistantly made and far out of ballance. I would never reuse foams anyway. imo if you can afford the brand new set of tires and wheels you can afford to get a set of foams. I like molded and cut foams. they all have different uses. I love ofna oranges for consistancy and life but also enjoy trinity bomb ones when a softer, lighter foam is desired.