tire cleaning

Old 01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default tire cleaning

alright

i don't know if there is a thread about this or if there ever has been, but i have tried alot of things to get my tires clean and some how i can never get them the new clean. i use to use the simple green way, buy it never worked that well.
i have started using the armoral tire/wheel cleaner that foams up and than i just blow the stuff off at the end and actually it works pretty good, but what i would liek to know is how do you guys clean your tires, any quick way or slow way would work and also pics of before and afer would help too..

thanks
Old 01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigsquidracer
alright

i don't know if there is a thread about this or if there ever has been, but i have tried alot of things to get my tires clean and some how i can never get them the new clean. i use to use the simple green way, buy it never worked that well.
i have started using the armoral tire/wheel cleaner that foams up and than i just blow the stuff off at the end and actually it works pretty good, but what i would liek to know is how do you guys clean your tires, any quick way or slow way would work and also pics of before and afer would help too..

thanks
I've always found Dawn dish soap, a tire brush and some water cleaned mine up pretty well.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

if im cleaning them at home i use very hot water and green clean and a brush, like new when done
Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPARTAN300gt
if im cleaning them at home i use very hot water and green clean and a brush, like new when done
+1 i do about the same
Old 01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Simple Green, brush and water. Dont think you could get them any cleaner.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

the only other thing ive seen done i havent tried it is to coat the rim not the wheel with silicone spray, it just helps get the dirt out of all the cracks and crevices in the rim
Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use whatever dish soap we have, a brush, Hot water, works fine.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

screw a hand brush to the bottom of a rubbermaid container, fill with water and simple green, then scrub.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

I usually clean wheel at home on sunday or work monday & just use cold water & a big brush. The biggest improvement I got, since my cars put away & cant use them to spin dry are these.

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=367

Stupid plastic plugs.Work killer on normal truggy & buggy foams & mostly great on AKA foam. I dont put holes in rims & these make the wheel mostly water proof so you can scrb all you want if thats what you like.

Water pretty much gets my tires looking new & clean enough that they stick together if left stacked like a tower overnight,so no idea on what chemicals to use from me.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by butch man
I usually clean wheel at home on sunday or work monday & just use cold water & a big brush. The biggest improvement I got, since my cars put away & cant use them to spin dry are these.

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=367

Stupid plastic plugs.Work killer on normal truggy & buggy foams & mostly great on AKA foam. I dont put holes in rims & these make the wheel mostly water proof so you can scrb all you want if thats what you like.

Water pretty much gets my tires looking new & clean enough that they stick together if left stacked like a tower overnight,so no idea on what chemicals to use from me.

ow thats sweet little corck things,

im trying tio stay way from the water, cause if water does get into the foams than it messes up the balance like crazy and make tires go all over the place.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NCWC
Simple Green, brush and water. Dont think you could get them any cleaner.
+1. I fill a bucket with water and simple green. Use a big plactic bristle scrub brush to get most of the dirt off. Then I use a small, square, fine bristle wire brush to get them completely clean. Then you can also spray them with a strong mix of simple green and water in a spray bottle. Dry with a towel. clean tires.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dski
screw a hand brush to the bottom of a rubbermaid container, fill with water and simple green, then scrub.
Just make sure the water level is a little below the tops of the bristles so you're not submerging the tire too much. This works great. Any type of dirt/clay will come off easily, even when dried on. Blow the excess water off the tires with a compressor and dry with a towel. They come out so clean they will actually stick together when you stack them.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Those little "tire vent hole plugs" are pretty cool. Ive thought of something that serves the same purpose before but never remembered to try it.
Take an earplug, like one that you would wear if you work in a loud environment. Cut it into a piece just bigger than the vent hole in the tire, compress it, then stick it in and let it expand. Should work perfectly, and if you work in a loud place, they are always free!!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Glue it with sealant or what ever. heres a tip from rc 411 http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=45&page=1
Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

This is a good way. Get like an 8x10 tupperware. And a rectangle scrub brush. Wood is best. Then screw it through the bottom. Put a little soap and just enough water to get the bristles wet. Good to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.