Wiki Posts
Search

Getting an 8ight-T!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Getting an 8ight-T!!

Hi, I'm getting a losi 8ight-t rtr truck for my birthday and wanted to know if there are any upgrades besides for the steering servo. I already have a nice steering servo and am going to move the stock steering servo to the throttle servo. I wanted to know about the tires, and other stuff that may be weak?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

1. I would get the alluminum rear bearing inserts for the rear diff housing, it will prolong the rear ring and pinion gear.
2. Also get the center alluminum bearing insert.
3. CVD condoms
4. add 2 alluminum clutch shoes with the two carbons that come on the stock clutch.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

cool and thats it? I am under the impression that this is a sweet rtr.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

[[email protected];5310366]Hi, I'm getting a losi 8ight-t rtr truck for my birthday and wanted to know if there are any upgrades besides for the steering servo. I already have a nice steering servo and am going to move the stock steering servo to the throttle servo. I wanted to know about the tires, and other stuff that may be weak?[/QUOTE

rgrassey don't forget that chassie and shock towers are not good quality.for a bit more u can get a used raceroller and all the other stuff you need.....if u wish good luck
Old 01-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

[QUOTE=G_WORD;5310935]
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi, I'm getting a losi 8ight-t rtr truck for my birthday and wanted to know if there are any upgrades besides for the steering servo. I already have a nice steering servo and am going to move the stock steering servo to the throttle servo. I wanted to know about the tires, and other stuff that may be weak?[/QUOTE

rgrassey don't forget that chassie and shock towers are not good quality.for a bit more u can get a used raceroller and all the other stuff you need.....if u wish good luck
dude. the ONLY difference between the rtr chassis and the kit chassis is the kit chassis has a coating on it and its milled to reduce weight