Wiki Posts
Search

NEW! 1/8TH ON-ROAD P909 by PROTOform

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
Regarding the lack of EFRA numbers on the PROTOform P909 body: We tried to release this body for sale at as close a time period as possible to the time when EFRA was to release the numbers to the body manufacturers. They require a sample body to be in their possession by Dec 3 /08 and we complied. After invoicing us for the inspection, they were to issue the new EFRA numbers by Jan 15th – so we released the body expecting the numbers to be e-mailed to us any day. Well, as it turned out the numbers were only e-mailed to us (by Gerhard Binder - Body Homologation Officer) on sunday feb 15th. If we had waited a full month to release the body we would have had many customer/racers very angry with us for that delay. We produced the bodies in spite of the numbers being missing. In actual reality, the majority of the bodies will be used in non-EFRA racing and by the time that the officially sanctioned EFRA events take place, most of these “first run” bodies will be worn out. In the worst case scenario, they would become practice bodies. It must be recognised that a race body is not a high-ticket investment to be used for a long period of time. The life span is usually quite short - unless you are Collari - LOL!

Regarding the EFRA numbers on the mold: We put the exact number into the mold that was given to us by Mr. Binder in his Feb15th e-mail. I still have that e-mail with the assigned EFRA number 35512 in large red typeface. Scott Hughes (Proline), EFRA’S Fanky Noens, EFRA’s Jaqueline Aebi, EFRA’s Sander De Graafand EFRA’s General Secretary Willy Wuyts all received the same e-mail.

This is not an attempt to play the blame game – stuff happens. Hopefully EFRA will correct their paperwork and their web site.

Regarding the name of the body, it’s now 2009 so we called it the P(for PROTOform) 909 – and yes, it’s loosely bassed on the Peugeot 908 that's a 2008 car.

Best regards - Dale - PROTOform
Thanks Dale for your explanation. Seems it was a business decision rather than a boo boo. Thats good news.
Ive painted a body and will test it Sunday.

Thanks again for your reply.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
just picked up a 909 body at the LHS and it has efra number 35512. Hopefully efra will update the list so i can actually run it. Would also like to know how far from the bumper i should mount it on an Motonica p8.0r.
u really have someone inspecting numbers, im assuming club local racing,by the way ur asking distance to mount and all.And futhermore dont they reconize the body by now?
Old 03-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default P909 body

These bodies are great.
I usually run the Central, and then purchased three 909 bodies.
Although the Central is also a great body, the 909 has much more steering, and is very stable.
Before the bought the 909, I also tried the R12, and the Zyteck, and was not too impressed with either one. Nothing negative, but just not impressed with either one of them. The talk around the track is the 909 is like a Central on steriods.
I tried all four bodies on two Mugen MRX4X, and one Evolva just to compare, and each car handled much better with the 909
Great body!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

GREAT NEWS! THE FOLKS @ EFRA WERE VERY PROMPT IN CORRECTING THE ERROR REGARDING THE EFRA NUMBER ON THE PROTOform P909!
It's already posted on their web site - and they were kind enough to offer me an appology for the mistake. A touch of class.

brc358: thanksyou to you and all the others that have posted your testing results with the P909 body. Much appreciated!

Dale Epp - PROTOform
Old 03-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default P909

Originally Posted by daleepp
GREAT NEWS! THE FOLKS @ EFRA WERE VERY PROMPT IN CORRECTING THE ERROR REGARDING THE EFRA NUMBER ON THE PROTOform P909!
It's already posted on their web site - and they were kind enough to offer me an appology for the mistake. A touch of class.

brc358: thanksyou to you and all the others that have posted your testing results with the P909 body. Much appreciated!

Dale Epp - PROTOform
Very happy to report on the body Dale.
When something this positive comes along, and has such an impact on how a car handles, it deserves all the imput from the racers who have tested it.
I have not spoken to anyone that has anything negative to say about the 909 body. Without a doubt, I will be purchasing more of these bodies.
I probably have upwards of 75 bodies hanging in my shop, and from the way the 909 handles, they will stay in the shop.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default 909

I got two of the bodies from my local hobby shop with no numbers.I went to the shop today ,they have them in stock .The ones I saw on the rack have no numbers.No big deal they are legal ,these must have been pulled before the number was issued.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank on the reply with repsect to the bodies. I will wait for the 909 to hit South Africa. And the plastic, similar to the T530 Lola I am guesing? I really enjoyd the Zytec, never ran the Central. But based on this thread will sure wait for the 909, love the cockpit look. Nice work guys!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

@daleepp

Thanks a lot for this great body. It would be very helpfull if you could include a masking sticker for the window. I like my window clear, so painting is quit a hassle...
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tested the body today. Ran the body for the 4 heats and come with a best time off 15.7sec.The car diddnt feel fast but it was. Needed a bit more steering. Made a couple off adjustments for the main (Thanks to Patto Jnr) and produced a 15.5 and won the day .
Lap record is 15.305 .
Cincidering the track time was 20min before the main, I would say this body rocks. On the money, straight away.

Thanks Dale

PS: advfuel need more consistency
Old 03-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by advfuel
Tested the body today. Ran the body for the 4 heats and come with a best time off 15.7sec.The car diddnt feel fast but it was. Needed a bit more steering. Made a couple off adjustments for the main (Thanks to Patto Jnr) and produced a 15.5 and won the day .
Lap record is 15.305 .
Cincidering the track time was 20min before the main, I would say this body rocks. On the money, straight away.

Thanks Dale

Yes it did indeed look quick today........................
Old 03-22-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Lap record is 15.305 .

Thanks Dale

you did look fast in the main, probably the fastest out there
15.5 is fast, i felt my car looked slow compared to yours before i broke it. but my times were ok, fastest ive been also, with a rich OS and a 15.7 . so beware of the OS and Serpent, it will be a bit stronger next time, gonna get some alloy bits for ass end. pitty i couldnt make the final, i was so close to not runnign that qualy, maybe i shouldnt have. oh well , im happy with the setup, catch ya at the states. PS, happy to help out anytime, dont be so shy next time
Old 03-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
you did look fast in the main, probably the fastest out there
15.5 is fast, i felt my car looked slow compared to yours before i broke it. but my times were ok, fastest ive been also, with a rich OS and a 15.7 . so beware of the OS and Serpent, it will be a bit stronger next time, gonna get some alloy bits for ass end. pitty i couldnt make the final, i was so close to not runnign that qualy, maybe i shouldnt have. oh well , im happy with the setup, catch ya at the states. PS, happy to help out anytime, dont be so shy next time
Thanks again Patto. Im always shy, got to watch those bloody fast serpent drivers.
Maybe you should join team Hobby Central.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Thanks again Patto. Im always shy, got to watch those bloody fast serpent drivers.
sux sux
Old 03-22-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just enjoying it again, if im fast its a bonus.
its good to feel the change in the setup ideas though, the technical side is what i enjoy, and i dont really hide anything either. cant ya tell by me frame
Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike_Swauger
I ran it at 12mm in front of the bumper. I would not mount it more then 13mm or less then 11mm.

Is that with the short or long body post.When you measure 12mm is that to the edge of the cone right before the body tapers off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.