Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S vs Mission

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rain
Swoosh has seen my XXX-S and the problems I have had with it so far. (I am Swoosh's fiance she mentioned).
Rain
Damn!! Swoosh you never said HE would be here..... LOL just kidding welcome!!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
OHHH hold up.... The Mission was designed from the ground up??? well that suspension has been in use on every Schumacher TC... and the origional SST was released in 96' or 97'.......

I also beg to differ have you taken a look at the Schumacher Cat 4wd off-road cars... they ALL have used teh same chassis configuration as the TC's...... so how is the Mission a better designed on-road car going by any of your statements???????
i second this statement!!!...I own a xxx-s and have been driving it for a year...if you get this car set-up right....i assure you this car can be as fast as any TC out there...anyhows...as for the mission vs XXX-s...there's one guy in our lhs that races a mission and our ratio on breaking parts is about 1:5 1 for him and 5 for me...when i first started I never finish any race due to racing...a little tap on the board will send you to the pits....i think the mission would be a better car to begin with as for durability...i really haven't looked at the mission closely but it looks to me the xxx-s are easier to change parts so you don't have to spend too much time in the pits unscrewing stuff...
Old 10-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
OHHH hold up.... The Mission was designed from the ground up??? well that suspension has been in use on every Schumacher TC... and the origional SST was released in 96' or 97'.......

I also beg to differ have you taken a look at the Schumacher Cat 4wd off-road cars... they ALL have used teh same chassis configuration as the TC's...... so how is the Mission a better designed on-road car going by any of your statements???????
Dude.. you are one bitter guy.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ask Sydewynder. He has both cars...
Old 10-30-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

swoosh,

go the xxxs, ive been running the losi for over a year now
and ive tryed many different cars along the way, i still find the
xxxs the easiest to setup and maintain
Old 10-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by holycow
Dude.. you are one bitter guy.
How am I bitter, becasuse I disagree with your statements, and actually have proof that they are wrong?????

Truth- the Mission is more durable than the STANDARD xxx-s kit.
Truth- the GRAPHITE + xxx-s is way more durable, easier to drive and set-up and comes way more race worthy out of the box than the Standard xxx-s and Mission.....

More later.......
Old 10-30-2003, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please lets not this turn into a "mine is better than yours" thread. I am a proud owner of BOTH cars and they are both top notch sedans in my book. I would suggest buy the car which has the most local parts support.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:26 AM
Tech Rookie

XXX-G unfortunately, is what I would have liked.

But as a beginner, there is no way I could justify paying £260 for a kit, compared to either £99 for a mission, or £129 for a Standard XXX-S.

Standard XXX-S and Mission come out the same price just about, due to the fact the Mission comes without a shell. If I was going to spend the kind of cash a Graphite XXX-S would have cost me, in hindsight I would probably have got an Xray, due to the fact that no one at my local club runs a XXX-S apart from me. I would say its roughly 80% Xrays.

Anyway, price is an issue for Swoosh's car, so unfortunately the Graphite isn't an option at this time (unless we manage to blag a HUGE discount lol).

The likely choice atm is a Mission, due to the extra durability over a XXX-S standard, and a nice low price standpoint for a beginner.

I would definately agree that both cars are awesome though, and certainly great value. I like my brothers mission, but I also like my Losi, with its cool Aluminium hubs. Yes, I am easily pleased

Rain
Old 10-30-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

I was not saying that the Mission isn't a great car, I have owned 2, and look forward to possibly owning a mission 2...... however.... giving your opinion when the facts state otherwise ........ nevermind....

Rain and Swoosh- Unfortunately living on the otherside of the "pond" in the US the Mission is priced above the G+ kit and comes with alot less for the money...... I too must also agree for the money your will be better off with the Mission especially because the standard Losi comes with a horribly preforming body......

Unfortunately Schumacher hasn't taken any notes from the American and Japanese companies and released a "pro" kit that actually includes some of the most popular preformance hop-ups......
Old 10-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

I have owned both of these cars. My recommendation would be neither for a beginner.
In my opinon, the Schumacker is a better car, but it is more difficult to set up and would not be the best car for a beginner.
The Losi is more fragile than the Mission and does not handle as well but it is easier to set up. The chassis is much stiffer and would probably be easier for a beginner to set up for carpet.
If you are looking for a very competitive car that is capable of winning any race on any day, I would suggest the TC3. It is as good as any car out there. Some people may aruge that it breaks easy (when in truth...all cars will break until you learn how to set them up and drive them properly). It is extremely easy to set up and drive.

The Mission and the XXX-S may leave you frustrated if there is no one that is willing to help you set them up.

The TC3 is the best car out there for a beginner to cut their teeth on. Once you are familiar with the set up and are able to drive, then I would look into a different car. But with a TC3, you may not want a different car.

If you must have either a XXX-S or a Mission, I would definately wait for the new MI2 car. The Mission is one of the best cars out there...If the MI2 is really better it's going to be one hell of a car.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

I havent tried a Mission myself, but the Mission owners I've talked to, are quite pleased. No one have mentioned that they should be hard to setup.

Havent tried a TC3 neither - but the ones at our track breaks down very often. Actually, the TC3 is the only car I've been told is hard to setup.

I dont want to confuse you, but I would like you to get the best start.

So consider getting a car, which is popular at your track. This will ensure there's more help to get at the track.

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 10-30-2003 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Here are my thoughts on the XXX-S to answer your question swoosh:

Any thoughts on what you like/dislike about these cars would be much appreciated.
XXX-S

- Easy parts availability
- Shocks are easy to bleed/fill
- Sealed Drivetrain

Dislikes
- Poor Droop screw placement, its not difficult to adjust, but it is a pain, cause you have to access them from the bottom.
- Diff access is complicated. You end up disassembling your suspension a little to gain diff access. This can change your settings, and in a rush, this is not good!
- Breakage. Yes, this car does break parts, especially arms in hits and tumbles.
- Sloppy ball ends/bellcranks
- Set screws that hold outer hingepins; a very poor design, and I just wish everyone would do like the B4 or yok SD, and caputure their hingepins that way.

Why do i run one then? Despite all my dislikes, its still a competitive car. I'm still sorting things out on it, but so far its been able to keep pace with my previous TC3.

Buddha
Old 10-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

koabich - I disagree, parts support in the UK for the TC3 I'll bet it's like trying to find parts support for corally in the US.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually fatdoggy its really easy to get tc3 spares, its a very popular car here, what most model shops do though is take the price in dollars and convert it to pounds as in $10=£10 so its a bit expensive.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

berger - dam!, thanks for correcting me.

koabich - Sorry, my assumption was way off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.