Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
"REEDY RACE 2009" >

"REEDY RACE 2009"

"REEDY RACE 2009"

Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
It would be nice to get all the information, but the race is still a 6 weeks away....

The locals still can practice and race at track. I remember at the Tamiya track they would close the track a month before race and anyone in the reedy race could not run on track..
I agree that closing the track a month before the race is a great idea, and when/if the tires are announced then that should be after the track would be closed. As far as the warm-up race, not knowing the tires seems fair since track time is already a big plus regardless of the tires. I know knowing the tires is important, but come on guys, I'm sure life will go on. This will be an awesome event, and we should be getting pumped up and promoting it, it's not just up to the race director to do that. I don't want to step on anyone's feet here, but I hope they don't announce the tires until the track is closed before the event. Just get track time, and adapt to the conditions, which is an important part of racing. Sure a few guys will buy every type of tires, but that is negligible. Good luck to everyone, and I hope to be part of some intense, Reedy Race racing!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can anyone explain to me why the tire selection is so important before the Reedy Race and why people won't sign up until they know what tire is the handout? To me it does not make sense since everyone is in the same situation. We have the palce, the date & the event registration. We have 2 days to practice & setup the car. It boils down who can setup the car on Race day, so who cares what tire to use. To me this levels the playing field.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitroballer9
All I can say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another great race without any information for the racers. The race entry is a failure from the promoter part again, now you know why the car count is low. Any info would be nicer than nothing. Let the track owner do all the work and the job will get done right. Let some one who cares, promote. I am sure we will hear from Scotty, it's the only time we hear from him is when someone bashes him, lol. Scotty you’re hurting the tracks warm up race, tire companies and the race buy saying nothing or doing nothing. I hope you enjoy whatever else your doing. When you’re asked to promote, promote. Do the job that your asked or don't do it.

my2cents

Oh...let me guess...the same internet hero from last year right?

Try running some 1/8th scale where there is no such thing as a handout tire...you just have to show up with the right one, or be prepared to end up sucking.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
The locals still can practice and race at track. I remember at the Tamiya track they would close the track a month before race and anyone in the reedy race could not run on track..
Originally Posted by Tremor24
I agree that closing the track a month before the race is a great idea, and when/if the tires are announced then that should be after the track would be closed.
The Tamiya track wasen't supported from the race or practice fees, they made there money from the importing and selling of Tamiya prouducts.

Speedworld does make most of its money from the hobby shop but the race and practice fees are a BIG part of what keeps SWR open. Closeing a month before the race and not allowing anyone entered into the Reedy would KILL the club races and practice for SWR.

If Billy was Hosting and Running the race and taking in all the race and sponsorship fees, i'm sure he would be able to close a month before. But since he is only getting a rental fee for Hosting the race closing a month out is not possible.

Speedworld is closing two weeks prior to the Reedy to get things cleaned up and painted for the race.

Besides Speedworld will have a whole new layout that no one has run on and no advantage over others, could you say that about the Tamiya track???

Last edited by Scott B; 04-08-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
I say with 6 weeks to go,this sucks for everyone not knowing the tire situation.It hurts the host track because this weekend could be killer for Speedworld and all racers involved,but some may choose not to show up because there is no real way for them to prepare as this is a warmup style race.Maybe our race director/mc could come on here and enlighten us about the tire situation.They do have computers in Great Britain you know Mr.Ernst.
Is track time on the host track not true preperation?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Can anyone explain to me why the tire selection is so important before the Reedy Race and why people won't sign up until they know what tire is the handout? To me it does not make sense since everyone is in the same situation. We have the palce, the date & the event registration. We have 2 days to practice & setup the car. It boils down who can setup the car on Race day, so who cares what tire to use. To me this levels the playing field.
I agree with you John, I don't understand why people are waiting for the tires to be annouced before they send in there entry. It's not like were going to be useing Tamiya type A,B tires, or are we!!!

Its going to be the SAME tire for EVERONE!!!

I say just let it be an open tire and lets have some FUN!!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I get what you are both saying along with others previous,but the fact of the matter is,there are those that will refuse to sign up until this is announced for whatever reason{s}.It was the case last year,and the case this year.Its the same for everyone if they don't tell ANYBODY until you show up on the 1st day of practice on the week of the REEDY.That will never happen so my point is to help sell the race out sooner then later and to help have greater warm up race participation,just release the info on the tires already!
Originally Posted by Scott B
I agree with you John, I don't understand why people are waiting for the tires to be annouced before they send in there entry. It's not like were going to be useing Tamiya type A,B tires, or are we!!!

Its going to be the SAME tire for EVERONE!!!

I say just let it be an open tire and lets have some FUN!!!!!
Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

For the warm up race, will an RCGT class be run or a regular 17.5 Sportsman class? I still haven't picked out a body. What's a good body and wheel offset choice?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjunkie3000
For the warm up race, will an RCGT class be run or a regular 17.5 Sportsman class? I still haven't picked out a body. What's a good body and wheel offset choice?
If we have enough we will race the RCGT class. He had a 4 car 17.5 race the last club race. As for what wheel offset and body a RCGT expert will have to answer that.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Find a 190mm body and run the zero offset d spec tires if you want a good indication of what will work.The handout is 0 offset.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The Tamiya track wasen't supported from the race or practice fees, they made there money from the importing and selling of Tamiya prouducts.

Speedworld does make most of its money from the hobby shop but the race and practice fees are a BIG part of what keeps SWR open. Closeing a month before the race and not allowing anyone entered into the Reedy would KILL the club races and practice for SWR.

If Billy was Hosting and Running the race and taking in all the race and sponsorship fees, i'm sure he would be able to close a month before. But since he is only getting a rental fee for Hosting the race closing a month out is not possible.

Speedworld is closing two weeks prior to the Reedy to get things cleaned up and painted for the race.

Besides Speedworld will have a whole new layout that no one has run on and no advantage over others, could you say that about the Tamiya track???
Totally understand Scotty...I was only trying to say that we should be greatful that we have a Race track that we can go practice on and it doesnt matter what car we are running...so who cares if we dont know the tire yet..
It's saving me money right now not knowing. I will just be running my usual tires...and making a homemade set of Billy's tires to try out
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Find a 190mm body and run the zero offset d spec tires if you want a good indication of what will work.The handout is 0 offset.
Down here in SoCal during the Speedtech RCGT 6 race series my friend ran a 200mm body with 3mm/6mm offset tires for a day and was kind of slow. He then switched to a 190mm body and 0mm offset and instantly qualified better. I ran 190mm the whole series. We finished the series 5th and 4th overall in sportsman. HPI X patterns were the spec tire for the entire series. The pro belted tires started out strong but seem to fall off after about 4 minutes into a qualifier/main. The D compound tire was not as aggresive but felt more consistant for the full 7 minutes of qualifiers/mains. Hope this helps, Paco.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

That's good info. I'll pick up a 190mm and some 0 offsets. Do you know a popular 190mm HPI body that works? I see alot of guys running the Lotus bodies. Is the 190mm 350Z or 190mm Silvia a good choice? Thanks again!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

That's good info. I'll pick up a 190mm and some 0 offsets. Do you know a popular 190mm HPI body that works? I see alot of guys running the Lotus bodies. Is the 190mm 350Z or 190mm Silvia a good choice? Thanks again!
HPI NSX Body....I had the lotus, and changed to NSX. Also if you get NSX body make sure you mount it low. I had to cut out a little of the body where the front shock tower is just so the body sits good.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If we have enough we will race the RCGT class. He had a 4 car 17.5 race the last club race. As for what wheel offset and body a RCGT expert will have to answer that.
Hey Hicks... Scott said an RCGT Expert, not a failure.

(please dont kill me in person. ling made me say you're a failure)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.