Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Go for the 8ight-T 2.0 or wait for the MBX6T? >

Go for the 8ight-T 2.0 or wait for the MBX6T?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Go for the 8ight-T 2.0 or wait for the MBX6T?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
well, take my statement for an "out of the box" point of view. Of course any pro-level race is another story. they can take the crappiest car and make it bullet proof.
I have to disagree too. My losi has taken a beating and kept on going. I have yet to have 1 DNF or DNS with it. I did fix all of theknown issues on it before I set it down, but as far as parts durability IMO losi is one of the best. Losi plastic wears out, but will never break. I never broke 1 suspension arm on my losi's after 2+ years of running buggy and truggy. IMO they are one of the brands. But like I said I did go through it and fix all of the little problems before I set it down.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I feel in general, Mugen and Kyosho have the best parts quality. Losi makes a good truck, but there parts quality lacks a little bit.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN
I feel in general, Mugen and Kyosho have the best parts quality. Losi makes a good truck, but there parts quality lacks a little bit.
Thats funny as I won the AMain yesterday because a kyosho broke down
they always break on our track
Old 04-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I'll give u a few examples.

1) rear bearing are gone
2) shock shaft bent on a medium hit. I have crashed my mbx6 and mbx5T A LOT harder in the front and never had an issue
3) Original wheel stripped

this does not include all of the default screw ups right out of the box. here are a few.

1) about 3 to 4 screws came loose
2) servo saver stripped my gears in my servo. i had entirly re-do my servo saver on the losi truck
3) there was another thing, i just can not remember..

don't get me wrong, the losi is a nice truck. it handles good and it is "decently" durable. But compared to mugen, to me, it is not AS durable. Im sure what i am saying can be very subjective. just keep in mind, this is my opinion from my experience. like i mentioned before, i have driven my mbx6 a lot longer and crashed it a lot harder than my losi truggy, and i have never broke my mbx6. to me, that says a lot.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

1) rear bearing are gone
2) shock shaft bent on a medium hit. I have crashed my mbx6 and mbx5T A LOT harder in the front and never had an issue

this does not include all of the default screw ups right out of the box. here are a few.

2) servo saver stripped my gears in my servo. i had entirly re-do my servo saver on the losi truck

don't get me wrong, the losi is a nice truck. it handles good and it is "decently" durable. But compared to mugen, to me, it is not AS durable. Im sure what i am saying can be very subjective. just keep in mind, this is my opinion from my experience. like i mentioned before, i have driven my mbx6 a lot longer and crashed it a lot harder than my losi truggy, and i have never broke my mbx6. to me, that says a lot.
Wat truck will come out as the winner of the race tho?

The losi might wear out easier...but if u make it through the race as a winner...whos gona complain?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
I never said losi parts brake easy
Old 04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by losi 8t
Wat truck will come out as the winner of the race tho?

The losi might wear out easier...but if u make it through the race as a winner...whos gona complain?
understood, but i have had a few DNF due to some of these issues.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

everything happens for a reason....u will have guys on here sayin to others....man i've never broken anythin on mine and it runs so gr8 and all that and u'll have guys that say ahh mine just aint workin out..breaks almost every race.....

so altogether it just depends on how u drive and how u set ur truck/buggy up.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

The losi 2.0 truggy out of the box does have its issues. The servo setup has to be redone, the shocks ends have to be replaced, the screws need to be replaced with longer ones in a few places, the rear hubs need milled out for 8x16x5 bearings and the front arms need trimmed for wheel clearance. But, once those are fixed, the truck is almost bulletproof. I have about 2 1/2 gallons on mine and since fixing all that up early, I have not had an issue. I understand what you say about the mBX6 as I have one. It is nearly bullet proof except for the upper arm mount, the upper hinge pins are to short, the short hinge pins have a tendancy the breakout the shock tower, etc, but once you fix those it is bullet proof. But, I am also selling the MBX6 and getting the 2.0 buggy cause while the MBX6 is bulletproof, it just can hold a candle to the losi in the corners, and yes I have driven both back to back and easily the 2.0 was faster and more consistent. I'll take an occasional issue for speed and consistency on the track any day, even though I haven't had one with the losi truggy........after the settling period the same as the MBX6 needed (Original kit).....
Old 04-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just get yourself a 6T and be happy.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

1) rear bearing are gone

the losi is much more durable than mugen, i have seen mugens break more parts than any truck. they might not get as loose as quick, but id rather finish loose as have arms laying on the track. i had my 1.0 for 3 seasons and never broke a single arm,and im talking bout some serious carnage; hit a truck head on this feb. before i got 2.0 and broke it, just knew i got my 1st arm in 3 yrs but no, it broke the hingepin and brace but not the arm. and didnt touch diffs except change fluid till middle of 3rd season and a rear diff went, and a guy came over and was like ya those losi are bad for diffs, yah right! a friend had a 8t and recently bought an mbx5t he has broken an arm every race and 2 at 2 races like 5 or 6 arms in 2 months
Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by randystang
the losi is much more durable than mugen, i have seen mugens break more parts than any truck. they might not get as loose as quick, but id rather finish loose as have arms laying on the track. i had my 1.0 for 3 seasons and never broke a single arm,and im talking bout some serious carnage; hit a truck head on this feb. before i got 2.0 and broke it, just knew i got my 1st arm in 3 yrs but no, it broke the hingepin and brace but not the arm. and didnt touch diffs except change fluid till middle of 3rd season and a rear diff went, and a guy came over and was like ya those losi are bad for diffs, yah right! a friend had a 8t and recently bought an mbx5t he has broken an arm every race and 2 at 2 races like 5 or 6 arms in 2 months
complete oppisite in my world...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randystang
didnt touch diffs except change fluid till middle of 3rd season and a rear diff went
wow....hardcore dude....I bet you had diffcups of chocolate milk diff fluid needs to be changed on a much more regular basis then that....but anyways, to each his own
Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
+1 on broken K cars.

I switched from a STR to a 8T at the beginning of last year. The durability of the Losi compared to the Kyosho is far superior. I have only had 2 DNF's due to a broken Losi part and one was a ring and pinion that went out after taking a hard hit from another truck. I have never been much for domestic built products but I am very pleased with my 8T so much that I rushed right out and bought the 2.0. I had the usual issues and I am a little concerned with the QC at the current Losi, but if I had built the truck myself like you do with the Mugen then Losi's QC would not be an issue. Now that I have had the truck apart several times and fixed the few issues it came with, it is unstoppable. I have become very consistent with the 8T 2.0. The last race I attended 2 weeks ago I had engine issues and got stuck in the B main. I won that with a 15+ sec lead I then went on to the A main in the 11th start spot and finished 5th. The best part was that for 30 mins of racing and 58 laps in the A main my lap times were more consistent than ever. every lap was within +- .8 secs. I know that its not the truck its the driver but this truck is very consistent. I like my Losi 8T 2.0
Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

yeah consistant is the word that keeps coming up describing the Losi.
I have taken 2x seconds a lap off my times with the Losi..easy..I am in love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.