Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Best overall 4WD buggy? >

Best overall 4WD buggy?

Best overall 4WD buggy?

Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Its just stupid to have to buy specific packs for a setup that has been proven outdated.
Nonsense. The new Kyosho FS is awesome. It's a totally different car then the lazer zx-5.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Nonsense. The new Kyosho FS is awesome. It's a totally different car then the lazer zx-5.
I would hope it's different, but I still think its an outdated layout. I can't believe AE went with a saddle pack design myself.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Schumacher Cat SX, very strong, very nimble, and outstanding support. if getting parts from your LHS is a issue they have a on line store or you can call them direct.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
I'm looking at the Tamiya and Schumacher myself, but I'll pass on anything with saddle packs.
Same place I was a month or 2 ago

Schumacher!!!

Originally Posted by anotherrcguy
I'm new to dirt, but I have been racing touring cars for a year and a half (Schumacher Mi3) so when the Schumacher Cat SX came out I thought I'd go have some fun and get dirty!

I have ran two races thus far along with a couple hours of practice and I have not broken the first part yet, and the track I run on is fairly large.
I have even tried the triple that no one tries and even though it didn't turn out pretty, no broken parts!

The car is well built and the support from Schumacher can't be beat.

Happy Racing
Hahahahaha, ohh yeah, the car is VERY good at flying lmao, mine will REALLY go when I want it to!

Originally Posted by skypilot
Schumacher Cat SX, very strong, very nimble, and outstanding support. if getting parts from your LHS is a issue they have a on line store or you can call them direct.

Schumacher FTW! The Cat SX RULES!!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

B44 BomBer hands down World Champ BaBy......Repeat Fella's SaY DaT...

And being on my 3rd 4wd Buggy: Rated <1-10> 10 the highest....
1.XX4 World Edition (8)=
2.Yokomo Mr4Bx (6.5)=
3.B44 BomBer (10)=

The 44 is hands down the Best thing ot their for the Bang,Dont wreck and the shock shafts are fine PERIOD.... Double up the front shock tower and your MONEY..........
Old 01-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losidriver70
B44 BomBer hands down World Champ BaBy......Repeat Fella's SaY DaT...

And being on my 3rd 4wd Buggy: Rated <1-10> 10 the highest....
1.XX4 World Edition (8)=
2.Yokomo Mr4Bx (6.5)=
3.B44 BomBer (10)=

The 44 is hands down the Best thing ot their for the Bang,Dont wreck and the shock shafts are fine PERIOD.... Double up the front shock tower and your MONEY..........
Theres a difference between having a good selection and being a fanboy. Drive some new stuff before claiming the B44 is good I say it again, saddlepacks
Old 01-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Default AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

Close the chops Son.. B44... i own one and race one shut the f-up...
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

[QUOTE=CaseyDDR;5280903 I say it again, saddlepacks [/QUOTE]

They Rule saddle pack cars are the chit....
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losidriver70
Close the chops Son.. B44... i own one and race one shut the f-up...
Your maturity and ability to back an argument is absolutely amazing!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Suspended

Talking AE...

No its the lack of people over judging other people when they post ... it was all in a sense of humor just my thoughts on what ive owned and persinally i would killl these cars out today with my XX4 w.e. ... HANDS DOWN... My thoughts.... though....
Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok guys I knew this would happen sooner or later Please try to keep it positive for the sake of all eyes. I am still thinking about all this! I also don't like the saddle pack idea but it keeps weight very centered which I think is helpful.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by motomanpat
Ok guys I knew this would happen sooner or later Please try to keep it positive for the sake of all eyes. I am still thinking about all this! I also don't like the saddle pack idea but it keeps weight very centered which I think is helpful.
So does LiPo battery on one side and electronics on the other
Old 01-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think your best bet would be the B44. The parts are carried by 90% of the hobby shops out there, fairly cheap, and plentiful.

Probably the most supported car... Plus some of the B44 parts are carry-overs from B4/T4 which makes the support for it more likely...

Kyoshos are nice, Losis are nice, but their distribution seriously sucks. Horizon has over-bloated prices, local dealers (in my area anyway) usually carry AE parts over Kyoshos and Losis.

I think Kyosho seriously f*ed themselves when they departed from Towers and Losi seriously f*ed themselves when they gave the finger to many of the local shops because Horizon wants to be the exclusive distributors (being owners).

I remember when shops like Hobby People (then called Hobby Shack) used to carry Losi stuff. Kyoshos, not sure where to get them, I used to see them in Tower's catalogs but seems like Towers have dropped their line of products for some odd reason...
Old 01-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wayboarder
+1 on the xx4, they are old and still extremely competitive. I roll one and it keeps up with all the other 4 wheels at OCRC (very talented drivers).
+2 on the xx4 in terms of handling and look of the car. I'm not that impressed by car's durability. You have to do some bulletproofing mods to car. I just moded mine to take stick pack lipo so that's no more problem.

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Schumacher FTW! The Cat SX RULES!!
I've got one used on the way. So also +1 on Cat SX

Now it'll be fight between XX4 and Cat - still haven't decided which I'll use. Cat looks really up to date (just don't like carbon fiber chassis - it looks like TC) and is really strong from what I've heard. XX4 is just car I raced also back in late 90's so that's matter of heart and I stated it still very competetive - I won almost all races here with it - tracks are really rough (not very good clay and 1/8 race on these tracks as well) so it's really abused.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Tech Rookie

oh really how it best??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.