Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the best Fuel Gun?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Which is the best Fuel Gun?

Which is the best fuel gun for 1/8 offroad? I've read that many of them have leakage problems etc. I wouldn't want to buy one and find out myself. So which do you recommend or which have you seen "top guys" using? Or lets list the crap ones so we won't buy them at least

There's a lot of them: Proline, Xceed, Losi, RB, Yeah Racing...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have seen a lot of guys use the losi and proline ones.. i prefer to use a fuel bottle
Old 01-08-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lets assume that every second counts and you are not running a club race. So far I'm done club races or bigger races where few seconds are not so important. Fuel bottle has worked just fine. That's why I haven't used one. I've seen guys going back to using fuel bottle also.

But I want to give it a try with the fuel gun as it should speed up the pit stops, or at least so I've understood.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

who needs fuel gun when you got fast pit man. we use ofna autostop fuel bottle and can refuel car way faster than anyone with a bulky fuel gun.

from what i have heard from other racers all fuel bottle leak so you have to fill it right before refueling
Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallot
who needs fuel gun when you got fast pit man. we use ofna autostop fuel bottle and can refuel car way faster than anyone with a bulky fuel gun.

from what i have heard from other racers all fuel bottle leak so you have to fill it right before refueling

i def afree with this statement.. a fast pitman uses a bottle over a fuel gun
Old 01-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

I will agree that a fast pit man is a great asset but I still think that a fuel gun will be faster than a bottle. You will be 99% sure that you are full with a gun where with a bottle, your pit man might not get you completely full.

As far as what gun is the best, I would have to say the RB gun. I have one and it has not leaked on me yet. I have owned it for about 2 years now. I have had the dynamite and proline ones and they both leaked within a month.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Fuel guns make a difference. Bottles are OK if there's not close competition or if everyone else is using a bottle, but you can save a few seconds with a fuel gun if you HAVE to get a full tank of fuel during each pit stop. Some people never get close to running out of fuel, but at competitive tracks where you have a lot of good racers, they stretch the fuel as far as possible and this is where a fuel gun pays off.
I've used most brands of fuel gun, including RB which is the most expensive, and I prefer the Pro Line fuel gun. The RB leaked faster than the Pro Line gun, but I don't get too concerned about a few drips from the fuel gun. I fill the gun 1 lap before the car comes into the pits and empty the remainder of the fuel back into the jug after the pit stop, so a few drips is not an issue. I like the Pro Line gun because it fills the tank the fastest, and it has a clear "body" so I can see when the tank stops taking fuel, and its got graduation marks on the outside of the gun so I can see how much fuel the car is using and adjust the pit stop intervals accordingly.