Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Stampede VXL   VS.   E-max >

Stampede VXL VS. E-max

Stampede VXL VS. E-max

Old 01-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Stampede VXL VS. E-max

I have to buy my girl friends dad a truck to mess around with. I am into nitro so Electric is new to me and im wondering which is better to get. I know they are completly diff, one being 2x2 brushless ect and the other being 4x4 and slow. But as far as breaking and hard to work on for him being probably a 2 or 3 level. He has 55 acres of land to run around on so im wondering if the 2x2 will do good out in the grass and if he will need 4x4.....what do u guys think???
Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you want to get him a truck, do u have to get the batts as well? The Pede only needs one, wilst the e-maxx will need two in order to run.. Which may get kind of expensive... i own both.. They are both fun. . with land that size, he may want the bigger truck.. he could upgrade it in the future and have a blast
Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

The Stampede VXL is a blast, I own one myself. I wouldn't exactly recommend this for a 1st timer as it's a hairy ride even with experience. The hardest thing with driving the Stampede is trying to keep the front wheels on the ground. The E-Maxx is much wider making it more stable, plus it is slower and easier to learn with and can always be upgraded with better motors and batteries. Both are very durable. Only problems I've really seen out of either is blowing off the shock caps from big landings.

Bryan
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default both!

I have the stampede but brother has maxx and revo they all rock stampede is way cheaper to upgrade trust me there are tons to choose from!!!! keeping the front down is easy, wheeli-bar need I say more . or you can add a few alloy parts to the front end(i.e. arms, shock tower, and bulkhead, alloy shocks) increasing the mass which helps a lot! but all in all they are both a blast so I'm sure he'll like which ever one you get.