Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

HI RCpigz,

How do you handle the torque steer on your Car? I just noticed it today since I was able to run in a longer straight than my living room The car really pulls to one side. I tested it on carpet on on smooth tiled floor. On carpet, the car seems to push. I needed to let go of the throttle, yank the wheel to one side to let the oneway do its work. Also a little punch on the brake is needed to sharply take the turns. I admit the carpet may not have as much traction as our local track. Maybe our office floor is just too slippery :lol I'll try that after the holidays.

Do any of you guys ever have problems with those Cellphone transceivers (might be the wrong term )? the one mounted on ofc ceilings to strengthen cellfone signal? I noticed my KO FM receiver having very bad glitches here in the ofc. I tried swapping in my AM receiver (I keep it in the ofc ) and holding the car right under the cellphone thing. No glitches!!!

Anyway, the floor guard just told me to stop running the car in the office hehehhe... so...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'am looking for some gear diffs that will fit the EVO II. Does anyone know what will fit and part numbers. I know that there is one that will fit I just don't know what car kit uses them. Thanks for any help. Dave.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

rough512,
Torque steer doesn't bother me anytime except hard acceleration, like at the start of a race. I have the car and electronics set up for a very quick start. it definitely wants to pull to one side. I tried playing with the suspension to counter act it but I didn't like how it effected the car in turns. Took a tip from a NASCAR mechanic and trimmed the car for a slight turn in the opposite direction. When the car is coasting or at slow speed it will drift slowly off center...but at speed it tracks straight. Sounds weird but it seems to work. Of course..we could just get an EVO3 and the problem would be gone !!!
Old 01-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmmm just got my evo2 couple of days ago and I missed my first race in LV well..I don't have a body on top of my car anyway...oh well.

Can somebody tell me...what's the standard shim placement on the suspension shaft?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

fab, what do you mean? the shims under the suspension blocks?
or the ones that move the arms forward or back?

well, i'll give ya both... blocks: front=2shims/0 rear= 0/0
wheelbase> I believe its set for the shortest wheelbase possible, so that'd be spacer to front and spacer to rear.

I've moved mine around so much that i dont remember what i started with. But its running HOT now!

If you want I can give you the setup.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dave Walton,

The TB01 gears would work in the evo.Tried it....still got one in the frt.Any tb01 kit gears would work.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

The only TB series that wouldn't be interchangeable would be evo3.

I think Tamiya should come up with Tb02 soon since there were significant changes made to the evo3 and just keep the tb01 as tt01 instead. I saw the option parts for tt01 on their Japanese page. The bearing kit is basically what tb01 bearing kit would be for the first editions (evo vi, raybird nsxs, etc): (10) 5x11mm for the wheels and shaft holder + the 8x12 for the gearboxes.

Has anyone been running with Stratus 2.0s on Evo2s? I wonder how you guys set up the wheelbase for it.

the car that I got does not come with a body and I only have 200mm body that goes for Tamiya gas cars (Cusco Impreza) that is ready to go but if the next race that I'm going attend next month insist that I must have a 190mm body then I'm in trouble...you know what I mean?
Old 01-21-2003, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

dude, i've been running stratus 2.0's since they came out on my evo2. just leave it as the same wheelbase, but cut the rear wheel well out more forward. After its painted, you cant really tell.
looky this one....

pic here
Old 01-22-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Whoa!! Did you use Evo VII's sticker to complete that body?

Btw, I'm sending your stuff today. I might have to send extra parts as soon as I found them cuz I'm in the middle of a move right now. I'll PM you the conf number as soon as I'm done.

*cheers*
Old 01-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

nope...its alll paint...cept for the TRF design.
as far as the headlights go... just hole punch 3 lights, and cut a square and rectangle from the orange part of the headlights to make the turn signals.

thank you for sending the stuff today. I've been sooo anxious to run that rally its drivin me nuts. I want to play in the street but every time I've used my evo2, i get a rock caught in the gears and end up scratchin the carbon...it gets expensive and looks ugly. :P

oh yeah... if you guys want the TRF stickers, I can post them here for you to download and use as needed.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here ya go... TRF stickers with a wolf sticker as well, they're backwards cuz i use them from the inside....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution II-wolfstickers.jpg  
Old 01-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

okay..it's on the mail =)
Old 01-23-2003, 07:01 AM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Is it possible to run 48 pitch gears in the evo 3? If so which tamyia gears can be used (part numbers as well) ? i.e max sized pinions and spurs?
Old 01-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bearings..to lube or not to lube!!

Need advice guy's. There is a thread regarding different types of bearings available, whether or not to degrease them, and which lube to use afterwards.

Specifically on Tamiya bearings....Does anybody do this or does everybody think the Tamiya bearings in the EVO2 are fine as is.

let me know what you guy's are running?? Thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

well first.... you can use the TB01 48pitch spur gears, or you can use anyother brand of spur gear as long as its below 72 teeth in 48pitch and you have the cross spur gear adapter for the TB01 available at rcmodel.com... I don't like using 64pitch spurs/pinions cuz they're so fine that any little rock and instant gear gone. :P

second, for the bearings... I used my car for bout 6months before I rebuilt it. As part of that rebuild, I just sprayed out the bearings with WD40 and reoiled them with bearing oil. They seemed pretty much the same before and after. I dont think it really makes much of a difference. why buy a set of bearings that costs more than the car itself? just clean'em and reoil them.
speed comes more from the motor/gearing/battery than anything else. Is .002mph really worth that much?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.