Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution II >

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Old 06-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AO
my evo II just keep on burning my stock motors. Just checking with you guys what is the ratio that i can normally use. I tried
72s 34p.
Al... that gear ratio is very low u know..
u burnt out motor very very fast. and then winnie will like you more...
but serious.. you should try 88/36 to 88/38....
they are a good range for the Evo.....
Old 06-09-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

i believe the tamiya kit manual has a guide on the gear ratio and which pinion gear we should use with which spur gears...

it helps...
the teeth of the spur should fit in nicely with the pinion with jus a little space...

if it's too low,the chances of ruining ur motor will be higher...
jus use the old paper trick when setting the spur and pinion gears...
Old 06-10-2002, 03:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I run my EV02 at 33 to 35/88. I normally run a 27 to 29mm of rollout. I have tried to run a 35 this weekend and my motor was super hot and I really wasn't any faster. I know my batteries are ok but the newer ones out just have more voltage than my 2000's I use now. Car is still very competitive. I ran stock with a Tamiya body on against TC3's and others that all had on Startus bodies and I still was very close to winning. New Stratus and some new 3000's will really wake up my EV02.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GUYS!!!!

GO ORDER THE TA04 carriers with the extra turnbuckles, and the hubs as well. They make a heck of a difference as far as rigidity...and they fit perfectly....just gotta readjust to the right camber setting and toe.

there is ZERO flex now that i have that stuff on...compared to the rear end which still flops around a bit.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Geetoo
Has anyone tried taking out Tamiya Evo 2's battery holder and use glass tape instead? You will be able to adjust battery weight disrtibution forward and rear. It works.
is that means that u have to use a new glass tape every time u change a battery???

Old 06-11-2002, 09:44 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: GUYS!!!!

Originally posted by Aluma
GO ORDER THE TA04 carriers with the extra turnbuckles, and the hubs as well. They make a heck of a difference as far as rigidity...and they fit perfectly....just gotta readjust to the right camber setting and toe.

there is ZERO flex now that i have that stuff on...compared to the rear end which still flops around a bit.
You may as well go ahead to change to TA04 A arms also...theres a whole article on the subject in the latest Japanese RC car mag. Someone has dropped the TA04 front arms etc in and the TA04SS rear arms setup up!!
Old 06-11-2002, 09:45 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IceBerG71

is that means that u have to use a new glass tape every time u change a battery???

If you use good fibreglass tape (like Tamiya) you can reuse for almost a day!!
Old 06-12-2002, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

hi guys, if im not careful when making a turn, my rear throws out easily, ive tried using softer springs behind, but it doesent work,......could it be because of the front one way?

TIA.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Dragon: Is this on or off power? Not necessarily caused by the one way, i believe it is more of a downstop issue.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by IceBerG71

It's lighter. Besides, you see 414M racers doing it twice since they're using saddle packs! But no, the glass tape's stickiness allows it to be reused for an entire race if you don't get it all dusted up.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Could you please explain in detail how you did it?? A picture will help a lot, I got a TAO4 racing hub carier but the knickle arms of the TBevo does not fit??

WOuld appreciate it a lot!!!

Thanks

Lem
Old 06-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Good to know
Old 06-13-2002, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

please understand that you have to use EVERYTHING from the TA04. carrier, hub, turnbuckles, and ball thingies.

i used the racing carrier set which includes the carriers, turnbuckles, ball cups, special ball thingies with extended screws.
also used the ta04 kingpin set, and the ta04 aluminum hubs from integy.

the tb evolutions bearings fit really snug inside the aluminum hub...but they do fit...just pushem in hard.

wish i could get a pic up...no digi cam though...i'll see if a buddy of mine can lend me his.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Alvin
Dragon: Is this on or off power? Not necessarily caused by the one way, i believe it is more of a downstop issue.
Downstop?...what does that mean?

i didnt change the throttle speed when i make the corner....i made turns at a constant speed, but the rear still throws out...i checked the suspension, rear is softer and heavier in terms of weight.....still dont understand the reason why.......

Aluma:i tried the ta04 racing c hubs too....no vibrations yeah! do u think if there anyway possible to modify and fit the evo carriers on the ta04 c hub? i cant get the ta04 carriers in my lhs...

now the only thing that is vibrating is the steering, im going to try a different steering adjuster from the TL01 which uses some sort of king pin, hopefully it doesent vibrate that much, coz the balls just have too much play.....and if it does work, it can be used to replace half of the rear uprights too.....let u know if im sucessful....

btw, how to distinguish between sealed and normal berrings?...which are the sealed ones?...the blue plastic ones or the fully metal ones?

Last edited by Dragon; 06-13-2002 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dragon

Downstop?...what does that mean?

i didnt change the throttle speed when i make the corner....i made turns at a constant speed, but the rear still throws out...i checked the suspension, rear is softer and heavier in terms of weight.....still dont understand the reason why.......
The rear throws at constant speed. So it means your rear end swaps while on the throttle, am I correct? Or do you off throttle to enter the corner? We need this kinda info to know how the weight shifts and how to solve it. Or else you can read up http://home.tiscali.be/heremanss/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.