Search

Inferno MP9 Engine Selection

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
i like this guy
novarossi . the bearing in the plus4 will last you forever it is 14x25.4mm , no real upgrade necessary dont really understand why its called a plus engine though , the only thing from the plus line is the carb
I like the smoothness of the ceramic bearings. Makes it more efficient. I usually install them as replacements when the stocker goes out. Works on the Speeds.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregH
I know alot of guys that have ran them. They will give you problems. Not every one of them but they had problems. Just get the OS and be done. It almost is too easy to tune.
Maybe they didn't read up and realise you tune a Go motor very different... leave HSN alone (maybe lean it 1 HOUR after break in) and tune it off the LSN only pretty much. Once you know that (and if buying a new brand you should know that cos you read about them, not just run them right?) you are schweeet.

I have a 5 port Go that has 1 gal on it, still running a heap of pinch, and very very rich, and it keeps up or beats with similar age RB's, an OS V spec and a couple of Ninja's at my club. I can get more out of it but choose not too.

I see plenty of stories online about V-specs that didn't last. Maybe those guys also didn't tune them right and then whinged online about the lifetime of their motors???

A quote from the Go Tech thread (which is full of similar quotes):

".... I will tell you I have a GO 5 port in my Truggy that has 5 gallons on it and I have only needed a front bearing after 2,000,000,000,000 total rpms it still straight up rocks.
My 7 port in the buggy- too much power, period."

Last edited by Mark_Australia; 01-05-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Miss the tune on Os engine and get it hot and you will lose pinch, like I said it will last a long time if you never get it hot.

Rex
Same on the Nova. I saw a new S421B do that after 5 minute qualifier. Pinch was gone.