Wiki Posts
Search

messy body, from muffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
nice NT1 there Aussies. so ya made the transition hey. good luck.
as for Ash Cobb , no matter what fuel one uses , there will always be oil residue. if there is none, then your in trouble man, may want to stick to electric hey.
hey, dam it I should of taken a closer photo cant get anything past you mate I couldnt just keep to offroad so santa sent me an early present
as you have already been down the path that I am heading with a new car its shaping up to be an exciting 2009, and yes nitro cars get very dirty another solution is a very good compressor at the track
cheers
Old 12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all of the good advise! ill be sure to use it all.

Quick question though.

If I were to buy the heater tubing, would that effect my performance? since it extends my muffler exhaust.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You are correct. It can effect the performance and I would not recommend going with the tubing and running it to the back of the car. Exhaust pipes are designed to run with how they come. Routing the exhaust through tubing from the end of the stinger to the back of the car will result in a change in back pressure. This can hold back the performance of the engine and may even cause it to run hotter. Using a short exhaust deflector so that the exhaust exits outside of the body is your best bet. Oil and grime is just part of running nitro. If it's to messy you may want change over to running electric.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

if you take a piece of lexan from the rear window and bend it into a 90deg, mount it on the inside just behind the stinger,shape it to curve around the exhaust.this will help keep it to the outside and clean up is easy
Old 01-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Adept

yes it does change the tune a little,it is fine to run the motor how you tuned it before you added the pipe in
the pipe does not increase the back pressure or slow down the car as it provides no resistance like a divergent cone in an exhaust pipe does .
try it and find out for your self.
you can also try differant fuel types and blends i have tried 5 types to get my motor to idle better and improve exceleration although they all said they have the same or similar contents in their mixes .
the fuels i tried were
extreme sports 15% inconsistent from bottle to bottle 8%caster10%synthetic
cool power 15% run cooler but had to use os8 15%synthetic
hot stuff 15% found it hard to get and realy oily 10 %caster 8%synthetic
boost15% 7%caster 10%synthetic
now using at fuel 16% nitro 6%caster 10%synthetic and happy with it
these are thing you have to try out for your self.every motor is differant even if they come from the same manufacturer and are the same type.
take 1 day to run the car on a few differant fuels to see what one performs to your satisfaction. just food for thaught