Longer tubes

Old 10-18-2003, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default Longer tubes

I realised that some racers like to have longer silicon tubes linking their fuel tank and engine, as wells as engine to pipe. What differences does it make ?
Old 10-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There are two reasons that I know of!

One: If you car flips while racing, it will give the turnmarshall enough time to get to your car without it running out of fuel.

Two: If you run a longer main than the qualifiers. You will want the extra tube. This will allow you to have longer times between fuel-ups.

Tom
Old 10-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

yes it is often used to keep the car running in case it flips it will stay running alittle longer...also just for a little added run time...but if you are just playing around no reason to do it...because if you dont have a fail safe and the car should hang wide open and flip you want the engine to die pretty quick...
Old 10-20-2003, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Ok thanks for the info. By any chance does longer tubes increase the back pressure ?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think that a longer tube between pipe and tank actually decreases the back pressure. When using a short piece of tubing there the fuel foams more than with a longer piece. Mugen makes an inline chamber to regulate backpressure. Whether it really makes a difference or not, I would like to know. Guess I'll have to buy one to find out.