Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Paradigm Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to clear some things up hear since there seems to be some questions as to why the delay on email returns. About a week and a half ago, I ended up having to go into surgery from an unexpected injury. This laid me up for about a week. Besides myself, Matt is the other person that helps out with emails. Just by coincidence, he was gone on vacation during the week I was recovering from surgery. Needless to say, this situation should not have happened and we tried our best to answer what we could (Adam sent many replies on issues he could answer), but with over 100 emails per day, its hard for one person to keep up while still processing orders. The only other person who works in the shop is Steve, who does not deal much with support. He works just with shipping stuff out.

At this time now all of the emails are answered and phone calls returned, so if anyone has some questions you should recieve a prompt reply. Again, we appologize for anyone that had to wait about 5-7 days for a reply, but that was a temporary problem that is now fixed.

Another question people had was when motors will be back in stock. We are doing our best to always have motors ready to ship, but in short we have been growing faster than we can get motors in. By the end of this month however, we should be recieving one of our largest orders of about 700 monsters and 300 P2K2's, so this should catch up on all the backorders and leave enough stock to help get through the holliday season avoid future backorders. In the meantime, we are recieving smaller batches weekly to at least stay caught up and not to have a customer wait more that 2-3 days on a motor backorder.

If anyone else has any further questions, please feel free to contact us directly and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
umm yea...he tried taking one of my guys away for a sponsorship at last year's Novak race but it didn't happen ( took 4th in A-main..i took 9th )...i'm not gonna talk bad about him or his company but yea i used to race with him he's a nice guy when i did race with him...but no comment...
Hopefully my small motor tuning business up here in Green Bay will turn some heads this year as i have some great racers using my stuff...peace
R/C Anonymous:
I'm just curious as to what your point of view on this was. At the Novak race last year, we talked to Josh about running for us, which is who I assume you are talking about because he finished 4th. At the time, I know Team 1 was helping him out as friends, but he did not have an official ride and was looking for somone who could help him out in modified as well as stock. Josh is an excellent racer and a nice guy, so it is only fair that someone talk to him about getting a ride IMO. Since March he has been running for us and has been happy, so there shouldnt be any confusion as far as I know.

I know I havent talked with you in person a great deal, but from when we have talked briefly you have been a nice guy. Around the track too, you seem to be curtious and helpful, and I try my best to do the same thing. I'm just curious why you seem to have some sort of spite against me when we have never really talked much in person.

Again... not trying to argue or anything, just trying to clear up any confusion so we can all get along on race days
Old 10-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Brandon...no Josh wasnt the guy...i dont have any spite against you...and i never said anything negative towards you either
Old 10-21-2003, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone done some experimenting and dyno testing with the Paradigm Monsters? Specifically, has anyone found a brush combination that works better than the ones supplied with the motors?

Rob
Old 10-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brandon - Glad to hear your feeling better. No hard feelings towards me I hope. Seems like you guys could use a crew of 20 to keep up with the demands!
Old 10-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

R/C Anonymous,
ok, thats cool then. It just sounded like you had some hard feelings or something because you said "no comment" and stuff like that. If you dont mind me asking, who was the person you are talking about? Josh and Dave were the only people we talked to last year about a ride.

John,
No hard feelings at all... I can totally see you point of view too. I would probably feel the same way. A crew of 20 would be awesome, but then we would have to charge about $80 a motor to pay them, which would suck. Even 4 full time people and some other part timers are hard to keep up with at times.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

need any help i can add my own little somethin somethin inot the mix...lol just playin
Old 10-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

losirob,

Some of our team guys have been using a green/purple spring setup on the motor. This is quite unusual, but they said it holds the torque of a purple/red but doesnt heat up and feel like it falls of in the last minute.

As for brushes, the 21521's seem to still be the best brush for racing. If you want more rip out of the corners, shave the leading edge down slightly. This detimes the motor and drops the spoolup time quite a bit. A little RPM is lost on the downside though. Also, Brad Johnson has been running Hurricane Gold brushes on our monsters and he has been looking really strong, so check those out as well when you have a chance. www.teamhurricane.net.

I hope this helps. Happy racing!
Old 10-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Losi-Rob

I would tell you, but Futureal would kill me....

Cant say anything about a company that doesn't advertise here. So, where are the trinity ads?
Old 10-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PitCrew
Losi-Rob

I would tell you, but Futureal would kill me....

Cant say anything about a company that doesn't advertise here. So, where are the trinity ads?
I get your drift, PitCrew...

Actually, I dyno'd my Birdman Monster, as well as my Team Paradigm Monster, and they ran surprisingly close. The Birdman had a few more RPM's, but the Paradigm had more torque (which I prefer.) Wattage wise, they were VERY close.

Rob
Old 10-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Brandon,

Not all emails have been replied to.
I sent one to '[email protected]' on the 14th.
I haven't recieved a reply yet.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nanook,
I dont see anything from the 14th that wasnt answered. Can you resend it? Maybe it didnt go through for some reason.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:15 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pitcrew - It's obvious why the threads were closed. If you don't understand, I'm sure either futureal or myself can explain via PM or e-mail.

Brandon - Good to hear your up and around. I talked to Doug, sounds like it was just a case of working to hard.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

TSR6,
hehe, yep. It started from a motocross incident, then I finally did myself in working on our offroad track. Trust me... it sucks
Old 10-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

burned my monster stock motor... gearing was 100/37 in my R2, its a fairly large track, and my friend even has the same gearing as mine, but his motor is fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.