Wiki Posts
Search

gear bag

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default gear bag

what gear bag do you guys like? i just have a old procircuit MX gear bag. lol i need a new one with good storage. for the truggy.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Team Magic F8 Hauler bag, pricey but one of my top 3 best r/c investments.

cant find a shop that carries it online heres an ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Magic-F8-Ha...QQcmdZViewItem

i bought mine at the LHS for like..180
Old 12-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have the TM F8 bag as well, actualy two. One for parts and the other has by buggy and truggy in it. The new Trinity T8 bad is the same as the TM bag and is way cheaper than the TM bags I bought. Pro Line has a bag that looks alot like the Trinity and TM bag. I think Venom Racing has that style of bag too. If you want to fit a truggy in the bag and one of the afore mantioned bags are used, take out the top plastic box and a truggy will fit without wing or wheels on it. Works fine for my Losi. I get the buggy in there by taking out the two smaller boxes under the large box. Fits in a little tight, but goes in, again without wing or wheels on it.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+3 on the 1/8th scale bag, just don't overload it.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
I have the TM F8 bag as well, actualy two. One for parts and the other has by buggy and truggy in it. The new Trinity T8 bad is the same as the TM bag and is way cheaper than the TM bags I bought. Pro Line has a bag that looks alot like the Trinity and TM bag. I think Venom Racing has that style of bag too. If you want to fit a truggy in the bag and one of the afore mantioned bags are used, take out the top plastic box and a truggy will fit without wing or wheels on it. Works fine for my Losi. I get the buggy in there by taking out the two smaller boxes under the large box. Fits in a little tight, but goes in, again without wing or wheels on it.
they need to make these bags just a couple inch's bigger to not have to take everything apart to fit....sure wheels i can understand.....but the wing...pshh.....this is one of the reasons i have yett to invest in a bag like this.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

yeah im not pulling my wing. id assume to just carry the truggy and have all my other crap in the bag. but i see alot have different kind of boxes. card board etc . seems like they wouldnt last
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BigAlz
yeah im not pulling my wing. id assume to just carry the truggy and have all my other crap in the bag. but i see alot have different kind of boxes. card board etc . seems like they wouldnt last

most are corrugated plastic boxes now....no more cardboard to get wet and fall apart.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Trinity bag is ok, but not as well made as the Magic bag (I have both).

The upper and lower T8 drawers need a little trimming so they can slide in and out without getting hung up on the hardware inside the bag. I havent trimmed mine yet, so I have to take out the top drawer if I want to remove either of the bottom drawers.

The Pro-Line bag looks similar, but has a different drawer layout...it has 4 drawers instead of 5. The middle row of drawers is one single drawer, which is a good idea cause there is more room. BTW-the Racers Edge bag has the same drawer layout.

Upgrade makes a really nice duffle/gear bag (I have one of those too), if you can find one. Its HUGE and if you have boxes to put your stuff in (tools, chargers, etc.), it will fit everything without any disassembly, including a gallon of fuel...
Old 12-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Lord

I loaded up my Upgrade bag for the first time with all my gear and it was a Little heavy to say the least....i actually heard a "rippp" from one of the handle's...so i had them reinforced at a local seemstress....i now use it to haul tires and cleaning supplies and thats it...so it's light as a feather now.

10 sets of buggy tires and 7 sets of truggy.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

My girlie bought me these bitchin' parts bins at target, she said they were like 15 bucks each, they have 2 sizes [the size shown....] and one thats twice as thick. I use a thick one for all my shock/diff oils, greases, packs of fuel tubing, extra transponders, servos, receivers etc... and i use the skinny ones for spare parts and for screw sets for my cars...heres a pic of the boxes

And the little trays inside come out which is SO handy [dont be jealous of the finger nails, ladies....]

I got a trinity duffel bag dealie too, i stack up all those yellow cases inside, and also my setup station

heres some other pics of the TM F8 bag, soooo much room, top drawer I put buggy in, these drawers are a couple sets of new tires/wheels/glue, and a drawer for spare motors and pipes

And the tool caddy up top is badass. It's like, the perfect height for reaching down and grabbing a tool [which is nice because you have all that extra table space not occupied by tools or a toolbox etc] and if you need it, the part in the back is removable like a little tool/parts caddy

I think it might be time to buy a new duffel bag, i've had that trinity one since i was a kid and my dad did all the dirty work for me lol, but it still works great and never had a rip [testament to its quality]
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the team magic bag is awesome!!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

that magic bag looks sweet. but if i cant fit my truggy in the top then the 200 bucks might be over kill. it has a total of 5 drawers?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wolf hobbies sell the team magic and yes it is a very good bag, worth every penny
Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Any one use the OFNA bag? it has a tool part in the top, like 5 boxes, removable radio case, and place for starter box and gal of fuel? are they worth 100 buck?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
what gear bag do you guys like? i just have a old procircuit MX gear bag. lol i need a new one with good storage. for the truggy.
I'm using the "Racers Edge 1/8th Hauler" bag. I grabbed it last season and glad I did! One drawer (no cardboard) will hold a buggy with tires and wing attached. So it should hold a Truggy without tires, then you still have gobs of room in other drawers and on top. It also has a handle and wheels.....

Good setup so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.