Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gear bag

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

$189.95 us funds....slap my mouth...wow ill go buy 6 more hockey bags that im using so everything can have it's own back and still have money left over..im not that serious into the sport where my wife would let me drop $200 on a hauler bag....
Old 12-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Steve, the tire caddy and pit pouch are PIMP

Like I said in a earlier post, I have both the F8 and the T8 bags. My Magic bag is much better built compared to my Trinity bag. I dont know if I just got one from a bad batch, or if they are all that way...I paid the same price for both.

Most of my complaints are things that with some time and effort can be fixed, and I do plan on fixing it. But really, for what I paid for it, I shouldnt have too.

Im going to check out the Racers Edge/Proline bags and see if they are any different quality wise...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14162

http://www.prolineracing.com/p-624-p...e-pit-bag.aspx

If they are better than the T8 Im getting one and ditching the T8 bag. The drawer layout is the same between the two, but they are a little different from each other. The PL bag is a little cheaper and has the tool cady, which the RE bag lacks. And the RE bag comes with a radio bag, which you may or may not need...just going off the pics though, I would pick the PL bag cause it has the tool cady and the silk screening is a nice touch.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like the proline hauler, looks like you can put a starter box in the 2nd box down, can you put a starter box in the f8 bag?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Allumina
Team Magic F8 Hauler bag, pricey but one of my top 3 best r/c investments.
I have the Magic bag its worth every penny I paid for it.

here are the similar bags
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/21366

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14162
Old 12-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerScott
I like the proline hauler, looks like you can put a starter box in the 2nd box down, can you put a starter box in the f8 bag?
yeah, a starter box would fit in the top drawer, but it would take up alot of space in the drawer. Or you could get the Magic starter box bag that attatches to the side of the F8...
Old 12-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Racerscott ,I found a guy at the track that had the F8 & a Hudy truggy board in it. Yes the board will fit in the pocket, but no chance the flap/lid will shut.You could always get some 2 sided(male/female)velcro strips at a hardware store & use them to make it stay shut.

scoobie1, the RE bags are top quality & sturdy as hell. I load mine down then strap about 20-30lbs on top & roll it a couple hundred feet over potholed dirt & no probs so far,its about 2 yrs old or alittle under.The new ones are slightly different/improved from mine with a couple nice features I wish mine had, mostly top straps & front flap holder upper thingies.On the other hand Venom was selling a F8 ripoff for $125 not long ago,Tower is the only place I've seen it though
Old 12-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imaxx21

the Red and Blue are new...
Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

ok now ..all the bags mention on the thread which one can hold a truggy without disassemble the wing....reason this question ask again because majority of you guys race buggy..so will all these bags would be good for truggy racers? sorry if i missed the answer earlier
Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

bobby

Old 12-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
what gear bag do you guys like? i just have a old procircuit MX gear bag. lol i need a new one with good storage. for the truggy.

for buggy&truggy, trinity m8 no doubt and some losi diaper bags..I got a dolly bag to drag my starter boxes and couple gallons of fuel..and tires get ran once then tossed in the trash.......just kidding, tires in zip bags and in the BIG container..the one thing that sucks about the m8 is the screws in the ceiling catch the drawers, anybody got a fix to this or did i miss somthing?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8&stuff
for buggy&truggy, trinity m8 no doubt and some losi diaper bags..I got a dolly bag to drag my starter boxes and couple gallons of fuel..and tires get ran once then tossed in the trash.......just kidding, tires in zip bags and in the BIG container..the one thing that sucks about the m8 is the screws in the ceiling catch the drawers, anybody got a fix to this or did i miss somthing?
I trimmed my boxes like was mentioned in some of the earlier post and that helped a ton. I did not really want to cut on my new boxes but I had to in order to get them to operate smoothly. I have the trinity T8 bag.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Default gear bag

guys with the credit crunch looming or already here, i am just using a massive nike gym bag. bought from a whole sale shop, cheap and does the job!!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

i got the trinity T8 bag for xmas
at first i was a little "iffy" but after trimming the boxes i love it.

on the big top box i trimmed two grooves that were about 1 inch each on the top of the rear wall so that the box could move past the screws in the roof without getting cought.

on all of the four other boxes i removed the plastic cap/support from the rear wall and trimmed the rear wall of the boxes down about 1/2 inch then rounded off the front edge of the plastic support.

all four boxed slide in and out very easily..fully loaded.
the very bottom boxes are a little bit of a pain because of the elastic strap that holds the velcro for the front cover. i just put things that only need to come out when i get to the track and go back in when i leave so i only use that box 2 times in a race day.

all in all i am very pleased with the hauler bag...i was getting a little worried with all the reviews about how the boxes stick but with a little trimming i would recommend this bag to anyone whos thinking about it.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scapbell7
I trimmed my boxes like was mentioned in some of the earlier post and that helped a ton. I did not really want to cut on my new boxes but I had to in order to get them to operate smoothly. I have the trinity T8 bag.
sweet..thanks for the insight..dremel or a little hack saw? did you cut on the plastic edge covers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.