Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Just bought a old KYOSHO 1:12 Electric VW BEETLE...BAD CHOICE???? >

Just bought a old KYOSHO 1:12 Electric VW BEETLE...BAD CHOICE????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just bought a old KYOSHO 1:12 Electric VW BEETLE...BAD CHOICE????

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Just bought a old KYOSHO 1:12 Electric VW BEETLE...BAD CHOICE????

HELLO TO ALL,

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND RELATIVELY NEW TO THE RC HOBBY ALTOGETHER. HOWEVER, I HAVE A NITRO TRAXXAS T-MAXX THAT I POUR ALL MY MONEY INTO AND HAVE BEEN REALLY LOVING IT FOR THE PAST MONTH.

I think my love for VW's got me in trouble for the first time....

I WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING NEW, BUT OLD....SO I JUST BOUGHT A LIKE NEW, BUT OLD, KYOSHO VW BEETLE 1:12 SCALE ELECTRIC CAR, I WAS THINKING LIKE HOW I WAS WHEN I BOUGHT MY 1984 RABBIT. THIS IS OLD. IT HAS A 54O MOTOR, A NOVAK T-4 ESC...WHICH NEEDS BOTOR ENDS(WHAT ARE BOTOR ENDS??) AND AN ON/OFF SWITCH. IT ALSO HAS A STEERING SERVO ALREADY MOUNTED ON THE CAR. I STILL NEED A RECEIVER AND A RADIO.

Where am I supposed to get parts for this thing? How is the 540 motor, can I upgrade it? What do I need to know about this car??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a old KYOSHO 1:12 Electric VW BEETLE...BAD CHOICE????-a710_1.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Nice car. But yeah finding parts could be difficult. If it is a 540 motor then it can be easily upgraded. Botor ends? could be a typo. Probably means Motor ends which would mean it would need some connectors.

Up grades for this thing would be hard to get. Some one who is into the old school stuff might have some parts for it.

Would be cool to see a mod motor in this thing.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have three of these in different states. The chassis is older than you think as it is based off The Super Alta. Which was released in 1984 so its sort of like your Rabbit.

The 540 is an upgrade of sorts,orginaly it was a 380 in there and the 540 was an option that came standard for the Beetle/Mini. Any bigger motor will remove teeth from your spur gear. I used a 23t in it and ruined a spur. %40 is more than enough for it. Also the diff gears dont like anything better than a 540.

Stock these can only have 2 bearings in the whole car. They come stock with bushings but there are none in the front wheels so that just leaves the rear axle that can take bearings.

Parts are easy to get as complete cars on Ebay are cheap. Im guessing you bought this one from there.

Here is one of mini in 1/12th trim.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...59970&sid=6590
Its not a traxxas so as long as you dont threat it as one it will hold up.

Pm if you need help with it later
Old 12-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Parts are easy to get as complete cars on Ebay are cheap. Im guessing you bought this one from there.

Pm if you need help with it later
So,
Yes, I did buy it off EBAY, however....
I search Ebay and I don't see anyone with such a parts car or parts, is it that I am not searching right? I searched under Kyosho, Kyosho beetle and Kyosho Super Alta along with different variation of them also. It is entirely possible I found something, but because I have NO IDEA WHAT TO LOOK FOR, I passed over it. I also tried to google the car, but again nothing helpful is being found. The most info I received was here, with this post. Any ideas????

Thanks to ALL who are being of assistance, it's greatly appreciated!!!!

Please give me any info you can think of!!!! Anyone?