Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ko BMC Speedo

Hi guys,

People must have them by now so lets hear some opinions!!!!!!! Any one know if this can be programmed with the vfs card?

cheers
Old 12-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

They have just started shipping so it will probably take some time before you see any feedback.

The VFS card will NOT work with this. In Feb, we will be releasing the card for the BMC. You will be able to use the same hand programmer.

For now, the only way to program it will be via PC.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

hi thanks for the reply!,

i take it the usb link is included with the speedo as it is with speedos like the losi?

cheers
Old 12-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Green Speed
hi thanks for the reply!,

i take it the usb link is included with the speedo as it is with speedos like the losi?

cheers
No its a separate optional item.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow for the price of it, being the most expensive brushless esc on the market, it should come with the programming card and USB wire.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yeah the price definately seems high. Anxious to see how it performs on the track though. Might be worth it.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
...Might be worth it.
If the ESC, setting card and PC software don't have upgradable firmware (similar to Tekin), then no it won't be worth it. Now that the ESC manufacturers have started getting into things like rpm/timing & traction control, there is no way a non-upgradable system would be able to keep up. Brushless ESCs NEED to be expandable. Unless they expect you shell out money every season for a new ESC...
Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 94eg!
If the setting card and PC software don't have upgradable software (similar to Tekin), then no it won't be worth it. Now that the companies programmers have start getting into things like rpm/timing & traction control, there is no way a non-upgradable system would be able to keep up. Brushless ESCs NEED to be expandable. Unless they expect you shell out money every season for a new ESC...
The only problem with having "upgradable" software inside the ESC is that you open yourself up for reverse engineering and copies. But what if the technology has progressed to where the components used are outdated or cannot keep up with the current technology. The upgraded software doesn't do you any good.

It's something that we have discussed.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

I was really looking forward to this, but I'll see to it when it starts to win races and be consistent, even against the test of time. It was supposed to come out in summer time, but pushed back to Dec. A lot has been improved over the last 6 mo. on other BL systems. Wonder if it can keep with the growing technology. Or is it like a Mac where it has limited expandability, so you just throw it away when the time comes.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
I was really looking forward to this, but I'll see to it when it starts to win races and be consistent, even against the test of time. It was supposed to come out in summer time, but pushed back to Dec. A lot has been improved over the last 6 mo. on other BL systems. Wonder if it can keep with the growing technology. Or is it like a Mac where it has limited expandability, so you just throw it away when the time comes.
what improvements have you seen in BL ESC? LRP coming out with a new "stock spec" esc? Hmm... VFS does that already.... by having VFS on their BL ESC.. you wont need a "mod" only esc.. and "stock spec" esc, etc.

also.. LRP released the QC line 3 times.. similar to the VFS series.. C2, C3.. etc. Novak had the GTX then quickly jumped into BL. revisions are good. and no one is holding a gun to your head to upgrade. In the end, YOU are the one that makes the decision to upgrade. companies just offer the opportunity to you

give it time... it'll be in the winner's circle soon enough.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Was each subsequent VFS-1 model better? I thought they simply offered different pre-programmed profiles...

BTW: New advancments include software driven timing advance wich can easily expand into two & three dimensional tables when throttle position and rpm get added to the mix. It will be like tuning the ECU of your car. Now all we need are some 1/10th scale chassis dynos...
Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 94eg!
Was each subsequent VFS-1 model better? I thought they simply offered different pre-programmed profiles...

BTW: New advancments include software driven timing advance wich can easily expand into two & three dimensional tables when throttle position and rpm get added to the mix. It will be like tuning the ECU of your car. Now all we need are some 1/10th scale chassis dynos...
Yes each VFS-1 was an improvement over the next, software and components for the improved batteries and motors.

Now when you start to talk about TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) vs. RPM, I wouldn't call that three dimensional more like two. Now when you start to factor in motor temp, esc temp, ambient air temp, current draw, available current, Rx current draw, etc. that would be more like a car ECU tuning.

I highly doubt R/C is ready for something like this. I personally have an AEM stand alone ECU in my car and wouldn't touch it. I get lost in all the settings. I pay someone to tune it for me.

A chassis dyno would be very interesting tho..
Old 12-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

All the newest versions of speed controls help the slow guys that blame their electronics for being slow. Now with the constant firmware stuff, especially the secret stuff that gets leaked out by the pro guys that only a few guys can get, we're bench racing software too.

Let's just all buy electronics and sit around so we can talk about them.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

That works too...
Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

hi KO PROPO Staff,

Thanks for the replys, do you have a part number for the usb part? If this hasnt been released yet can i change any settings on the speedo without the use of usb or a card?
It says in the spec it has 5 pre set profiles could you shed any light on this as infor for this product is pretty thin on the ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.