Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Old 12-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I loves my m11
Old 12-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

I was hesitating also about buying an R or an S.
I actually went to my local store, just to check them out. I also asked if I could have them in my hand. I have rather small hands and an old EX1 fits me better then my Spectrum DX3.0, which I sold because I was using the old EX1 all the time (with a Spektrum-module).

I would go for the R because of
* the extra DSM2-technology. I might not feel the difference, but it wont hurt neither, will it
* the 30 programs ( Offcourse I don't own 30 cars, but It's easy when I can program 4 programs for one car: 1 for me, regular driving, 2e for me when driving in slippery situations, 3e for my 6-year old son, 4e for my 3 year old son ...
* I run on- and off-road Electric 1/10 cars ... so don't really need the extra telemetry.
* it's still backwards compatible with my three older Spektrum DSM1-receivers

BUT, I tested it myself ... the S fits my hand better. It's easier for me to get a good touch on the throthle-trigger. Braking is easier for this reason ...
The S is smaller, but provided with two extra pads to withen the grip ... which I won't need
and its is indeed more expensive!
and you do not get a free second receiver with the R as with the S.

... so I still can't decide
Old 12-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Regular

hopefully getting a R in the next few weeks
Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Cool

got a DX3R today, very neat unit
Old 12-26-2008, 10:45 PM
rhino420

can anyone give me some opinions on what i should get im either getting the 3s or the 3r i only run electric a slash and a brushless 8t... the 3s im leaning toward because the extra receiver would help me out a lot right now. but i dont think all the telemetry stuff has any use to me being im not running any nitro... but the price for a radio and two recievers is very tempting... now the 3r i know is made better and has more model memory which i will never have 30 cars and is about $60 more then the 3s so im just at a real toss up between the radios right now any one can you make the decision for me ? ha ha thanks for the help in advance...

Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You should likely note that the 3S has a rather stiff wheel and does not have adjustable tension like the 3R.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:24 PM
rhino420

does the wheel feel any different then the dx2.0 ? and is the adjustment a bid deal?

Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rhino420
does the wheel feel any different then the dx2.0 ? and is the adjustment a bid deal?
The 3S definatley seems stiffer to me than the 2.0. It may be a big deal for some. I haven't spent an extended amount of time with the 3S, but from what I can tell the wheel would get on my nerves.

I just think it was really careless of Spektrum to exclude such a basic feature on a radio of that level.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:35 PM
rhino420

Originally Posted by avrcguy
The 3S definatley seems stiffer to me than the 2.0. It may be a big deal for some. I haven't spent an extended amount of time with the 3S, but from what I can tell the wheel would get on my nerves.

I just think it was really careless of Spektrum to exclude such a basic feature on a radio of that level.
i wonder if the wheel is changeable just like the dx3r if that is then that fault fixed... im not a pro racer so i think the dx3s might be the way to go for me...

Old 12-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Well like I said...It's worth noting. Many people will likely be fine with it as-is. I just know that it's not what I'm accustomed to, and I consider my 3pk's wheel tension to be set within a pretty average range.

By all means.... To each their own. Just think people should be aware of it.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I checked out the 3S at the hobby shop and think it`s a nice radio and the tension didn`t seem that bad as described .

Just pick one and go for it , you will get different opinions if you keep asking everyone .
Old 12-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I went with the S.... the R receivers are more expensive too. I dig the telemetry stuff on the S. I am in this for the technology, not for racing, although I do all my driving at the track. The S suits me well, I'd not notice a difference between the S and the R in regard to performance. I guess most others would not either. Marketing is a wonderful thing, it always makes us think we need more than we really do. I guess that's why you can sell a 500HP BMW to someone who will never go over 70MPH.....
Old 12-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Heh, it seems like they've made it so there is no clear winner as far as the best radio goes (also most expensive).

Before it was an easy choice (3R), but now people actually have to get one based on their needs, and there is no simple answer to 'what is the best one.'
Old 12-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

to me, they are two completely different radios, they feel different in the hand, the steering wheels are different sizes, DSM1 vs. DSM2 and all the stuff thats been listed before. ONE is not better then the other, One fits the needs of one group and the other doesn't. Figure out what you want out of a radio and go with that. I chose the R and after the first race night on it, I am very please, I feel more at one with the chassis then I did with my last radio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.