Wiki Posts
Search

which one, a great debate

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default which one, a great debate

Which to buy,yes im going to do this, post a question on which to buy, i know each one has its ups and downs, and stuff like that, but i thought id give this a go. I want 8th buggy
im interested in ASC RC8, or Hot Bodies D8, i like the asc, because ive been using all ae products for a while now, Mini mgt, 12r5, and ive been very satisfied.
As for the D8, it must be decent because it was world champion right,
just want your opinions, im new to 8th buggy, if i wouldnt have posted anything i would be going asc for shure but let me know
please try to stick with these 2, i know there are other buggys out there
please stay with these
Old 12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wow .How ironic...I just test drove both these buggies today....The D8 is a awesome buggy and a lot better than I thought..It`s very planted and on power steering is very good.... First thought was off power steering "good be better" But after a couple of laps I gotthe feel for it and it was all about setting up for the turn a head of time.....The D8 is easy to drive fast....It handles the ruff well....Its not as snappy as the rc 8 so it will make you drive better lines to keep your speed up which will make you a better and more consistent driver in the long run (speaking toward the average racer)..There are a lot of lightened upgrade that available for the buggy now and it may make it snappier or it could take away from its planted feeling.....

D8 was box stock

RC8 was a pro drivers set up by a pro with Kyosho big bores
The buggy felt good ut gets up set esay in the rough..It didn`t go through the rough as good as the D8....How ever it was easy to hit the mark and hold a line..The RC8 is a buggy that has a rear end that likes to follow the front..Where ever you aim the front the rear will follow...On power steering was good but...off power was a little better than the D8.....I couldn`t carry as much speed from the middle to exit of the turn as the d8..The rc8 was snappier and accelerated quickly...Very easy to get up and over jump with short runs......

Best advice I can give you is to try to ask people at the track if you can drive there ride

Both rides jump very well
Old 12-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I currently own both. I wanted to see just how good a D8 is/was against my favorite, the RC8.

My RC8 has KH parts and Jammin' Big Bores on it. The D8 is basically stock...

In a nutshell i still prefer my RC8. The RC8 is just easier to drive. Corners better whether on or off the gas. It feels 'lighter' too. Meaning its very responsive.

The D8 was good and I'm definitely still working on set-up. But it tends to push a bit on-power.

The RC8 with the big bores seems to handle the high-speed rough stuff better.

IMO, you can't go wrong with the D8 considering its price-point...
Old 12-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks for the great replies, basically ive gotten that either is a great buggy, i think i will sitck to associated, as my last 2 vehicles have been with them, and i have no complaints
Thanks

what spares should i carry with me for rc8