Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking for good engine..new in nitro

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default looking for good engine..new in nitro

i'm trying to get into nitro racing and i dunno which engine to get....some of the racers in my lhs have the black pixi...didn't know what kind but when i look at trinitys website..there's like 5 kinds of black pixi engines....i dunno which one to get...i'm still learning how to tune engines...but i want a good engine to start with that will make me competitive on the track...car will be an ofna LD3...any suggestion....my budget for engine is 250....if anywone could suggest a diffrent engine on that price range or lower would be great...thnx
Old 10-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you're gonna get a Pixy, get the 5 port turbo. Anything less and you will be dissapointed. Right now the motor to get would be the Novarossi NS12 S3 or S5. I have the NS12S5 and it's very fast.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Nitro Tech

I personal suggest you to buy TWO $125 cheaper engines.Because the first engine will be died in your hand soon.The second engine will have double life but still not long.After you have killed or murdered MANY...MANY...engines,then people will start to call you veteran!This way is what we learn about nitro engines.That is my personal opinion, ruthless but it's truth.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Dino,

when will we start seeing the Dragon here in the US (Calandra)?

Thx
Old 10-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

lol. You don't need to kill engines to learn about them. I started out a year ago and never killed an engine. I've had quite a few already. Just follow the basics like
1. using After Run Oil after every use.
2. dont run the engine too hot
3. clean your air filter often and oil it
Old 10-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by stefan
Dino,

when will we start seeing the Dragon here in the US (Calandra)?

Thx
...you should ask Frank Calandra not me...

Call them;mail them;push them......
Old 10-12-2003, 03:58 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by mckrooz
lol. You don't need to kill engines to learn about them. I started out a year ago and never killed an engine. I've had quite a few already. Just follow the basics like
1. using After Run Oil after every use.
2. dont run the engine too hot
3. clean your air filter often and oil it
You are lucky guy.There must have some veterans helping you,right?
Old 10-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

i'm still learning how to tune engines...but i want a good engine to start with that will make me competitive on the track...car will be an ofna LD3...any suggestion....my budget for engine is 250....if anywone could suggest a diffrent engine on that price range or lower would be great...thnx
Los1 I'm pretty new as well and my LHS turned me on to RB Concepts.http://www.rbproducts.com I Have Been extremely happy with the 12c replacement motor on my RC10GT.
I am currently about to purchase my first kit Car and am going with the 12V series.Most at our Local Track Crystal Park are running the RB as well. The 12 V runs in the low $200 bracket they come in a 3 port ROAR legal and a 5 Port outlaw. I've seen alot about the nova's and what i see the 1/8th scale Racers running is the RB and the Guys I know with the MTX3's are running them as well. As far as burning up motors go ...... follow the do's and don'ts. You should get 4-5 gallons of fuel through it before you have to Rebuild it. Good Luck
Old 10-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

hhmm...any specific brand model you guys can suggest?....i do know some people who can help me...i know they will since i've been helping them on chasis setup...anyways...brand/model suggestiojs would be nice..thnx for the help guys..and about the car...what do you guys think of the LD3?...i only picked this 'cause this is the first gas car i ever raced...one of the racer let me race his car for the 10 min main....and it was running very nice and stiff, meaning it was stuck on the ground...no slidding...can you guys suggest any car...besides the tc3 and mtx3 and r40..i know those are high ends...but too expensive for me...well in the exception of the tc3....i just don't like associated...thnx guys
Old 10-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dino.tw
...you should ask Frank Calandra not me...

Call them;mail them;push them......
..and wait 3 month for an answer?

Nope, I ask YOU
Old 10-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a Mugen MR12 and A new RB X12. They are both GREAT engines. I hear that the OS engines are very easy to tune. I agree with Dino as well. Get an engine (or two) that is cheap and practice with it. Being new you will over heat it, over rev it, forget to put after run oil in it, etc. Also, while you are at the track find out what other people use. Where I race mostly everyone has a TC3 for a car, but everyone uses different engines...mugen, rb, os.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by stefan
..and wait 3 month for an answer?

Nope, I ask YOU
Ouch~~OK~~I love Arnold ....

If you real want to hear my answer,I will say official speaking: [soon!]

If you feel the word 'soon' not fast enough,give me a hand buddy.Let ThemCRC know what you want.

Last edited by dino.tw; 10-12-2003 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

what do you guys think of the LD3?...i only picked this 'cause this is the first gas car i ever raced...one of the racer let me race his car for the 10 min main....and it was running very nice and stiff, meaning it was stuck on the ground...no slidding...can you guys suggest any car...besides the tc3 and mtx3 and r40..i know those are high ends...but too expensive for me...well in the exception of the tc3....i just don't like associated...thnx guys
I am in the same boat as you Los1 but I beg to differ the R40 is The same Price range and I'm leaning towards the MTX3 because it already has most of the Hop up parts the others need included in the Kit. Ultimate Hobbies ultimatehobbies.com has the MTX3 for $325. Do you Know what Hopups were on the LD3 that you raced?Hara Won with the R40 but it was Peaked and tweaked......
However heavy the kit is to start with it does seem to be a very user friendly kit.This is the delima that i am facing.......which one is easier and least expensive after initial kit cost. I still stick by the RB motors but have to admit no other experience with the other Motors......How is Parts support for the LD3 in your area that is a Major deciding factor as well.end of the week i flip a coin and its either R40 or MTX3. Good Luck Buddy............
Old 10-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

get a os or novarossi
Old 10-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Fisher890
I am in the same boat as you Los1 but I beg to differ the R40 is The same Price range and I'm leaning towards the MTX3 because it already has most of the Hop up parts the others need included in the Kit. Ultimate Hobbies ultimatehobbies.com has the MTX3 for $325. Do you Know what Hopups were on the LD3 that you raced?Hara Won with the R40 but it was Peaked and tweaked......
However heavy the kit is to start with it does seem to be a very user friendly kit.This is the delima that i am facing.......which one is easier and least expensive after initial kit cost. I still stick by the RB motors but have to admit no other experience with the other Motors......How is Parts support for the LD3 in your area that is a Major deciding factor as well.end of the week i flip a coin and its either R40 or MTX3. Good Luck Buddy............
i like the r40 but parts are very very hard to find here as for the mtx3....expensive car......but you where right...the ld3 starts out w/o and hop ups....and the mtx3 does....as for parts availability...no one ever stocks anything down here for gas cars except for NTC3 wich is not on my choice list....thnx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.