Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BIG BLOCK REVO HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default BIG BLOCK REVO HELP

Hello everyone i own a Revo 3.3 and just purchased the Sirio .27 3 port engine. Was wondering if anyone has any gearing suggestions for a little of race inspired bashing, no rules or regulations. I also need a pipe reccomendation as i am dying to install this new .27 Thanks alot
Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

I guess it depends of what clutch you are using. If you using a stock stlye clutch 17/36 would be best. You'll want to gear it was high as possible because with the low first gear and TQ from the big block it will wheelie before you can even put any power down.

I can't comment on a pipe for that motor other to say make sure you get a side pipe. The rear pipe is for the birds
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I suggest an 053 1/8th scale side pipe such as a Dynamite or Sportswerks. Make sure to rig up a front support for it. I used a Mugen spring and mount in the forward throttle servo box hole (after cutting off the reverse servo section of the servo box). You're gonna want to eliminate reverse with a Forward Only Conversion kit if you haven't already. These engines will eat the reverse gears for breakfast.

For gearing go with 16/38 or 16/36. Run Traxxas or Teckno extended wheelbase rear arms to tame wheelies. I run a Picco 26 Max (which has power similar to your Sirio). Changing the gearing isn't enough to stop excessive wheelies with these engines in my experience. The extended rear arms make a huge difference. 17/36 will be realy tough on a stock clutch. Actualy, these engines are rough on clutches regardless...
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Thanks alot guys. im gonna check out those pipes. yea i have the entire truck ready for the new powerplant. the Extended arms really do make a difference with the right oil weight and springs you can almost eliminate the need for a wheelie bar. Im using 22 lb springs in the rear and 25 in the front with 30 wt oil. I know it sounds unorthadox but it works quite well. Thanx
Old 12-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAIELLO 1/8
Thanks alot guys. im gonna check out those pipes. yea i have the entire truck ready for the new powerplant. the Extended arms really do make a difference with the right oil weight and springs you can almost eliminate the need for a wheelie bar. Im using 22 lb springs in the rear and 25 in the front with 30 wt oil. I know it sounds unorthadox but it works quite well. Thanx
That setup is indeed unorthadox. Conventional thinking puts springs in the rear that are 20% heavier (two steps) than the front. Some guys run the same springs front and rear, or springs that are only 10% heavier (one step) in the rear. Never seen heavier springs ran in the front before...

I run Teckno arms in the 19mm possition and P2 rockers with green springs in the front and tan in the rear. I've moved a lot of weight up front (RX bat, RX box, fuel tank, 1/8th scale side pipe). I run 55wt oil. My truck's right at 9.5 Lbs (ROAR minimum for an MT with a .21+ engine).
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAIELLO 1/8
Do you race? I would think that set up would push like a dump truck