Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent America

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Everyone at Serpent Americaand all my fellow S400 and S120 drivers.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Smile Serpent s400, need help

Hey guys just moved from an xray to a serpent s 400. Too many guys running xrays so I want something a bit different.

Its a great car to built & it looks fantastic with an agressive awesome look, but I am having some problems when trying to do the cam and setup.
I use a Hudy setup system for my car setup and a turner buckle.

When I have the car on the setup and try to adjust the camber .... the ball joint on the steel track rod keep poping off the pivot ball and its just a pain!!!

Plese help, is the a remedy for that

Thanks,
Didier
New zealand
Old 12-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Didier,

When you are adjusting your turnbuckles, I am assuming your trying to get them shorter, correct? If so, how much threads are still left on the turnbuckle that you can see. Once the threaded portion is no longer visable, going shorter than that usually will cause what you are describing. This happens on all cars not just the Serpent.

If you have threads remaining than maybe you just need to be patient with those parts and maybe even consider adjusting them off the car, get them close then put them back on the car and do a very minor final adjustment at the end. I hope this helps some.

Steve Curry
Old 12-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default s400

Thanks for reply,
good idea.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Didier,

before mounting please make sure to thread the plastic all the way to the inside. Then take it apart and put some black grease (yellow bottle) to the thread of the turnbuckle and now you are ready to build it (again) according to the instructions.

If the car is new then also make sure to use threadlock under the to servosaver-spring adjusting nut. Btw, I prefer a bit more pre-load than suggested.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by ds400
Hey guys just moved from an xray to a serpent s 400. Too many guys running xrays so I want something a bit different.

Its a great car to built & it looks fantastic with an agressive awesome look, but I am having some problems when trying to do the cam and setup.
I use a Hudy setup system for my car setup and a turner buckle.

When I have the car on the setup and try to adjust the camber .... the ball joint on the steel track rod keep poping off the pivot ball and its just a pain!!!

Plese help, is the a remedy for that

Thanks,
Didier
New zealand
Old 12-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default S400

Thanks will do that,
Another question, how to get more flex on the chassis?
On my xray you could adjust the flex of the chassis , what about the S400?
And r u guys doing well with you S400, I will race mine fist time today and dont know if I will be competitive compared to the othe TC, Xrays and hotbodies...
Do you have some advise concerning the car tunning etc, do you recommend the one way central pulley for stock racing?

Thx,
Didier
Old 12-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys. Sorry but do you mind moving this discussion to the S400 thread? This way many people can benefit from your knowledge and info

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Old 01-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

serpentamerica.com

Hi Guys,

Website is live and working. It took a little longer than expected, but is ready. Real time inventory is working now, so we decided to launch it even if there are some thing missing.

S120 and tools sections are ready. Tomorrow S720 and Tires sections will be done and during the weekend all the remaining sections will be finished too.

Sorry for the delay. Even if not 100% finish (on the product pics and categories mainly), we where willing to go live, so you guys can start registering, etc. etc.

If you go to all products section, you should be able to see all the numerical list.

We are working hard to be able to offer a better service.

Thanks and have a great day
Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by serpentamerica
serpentamerica.com

Hi Guys,

Website is live and working. It took a little longer than expected, but is ready. Real time inventory is working now, so we decided to launch it even if there are some thing missing.
Awesome...but could you please get Serpent fans a clarification of Mr. Salven's comments in an interview posted on Serpent website about 2009 plans...Mr. Salven said the following concerning their developments this year:

"Billy Easton our US based designer has been working on the Serpent 1/8 buggy in 2008 and most of the design is finished now, and proto-typing getting started. Billy will proceed with a truggy-design and then if the market-development makes is feasable maybe a new touring car after or an electric buggy who knows …."

concerning the S400, Mr. Salven states that maybe a new TC will be in works

It seems like its something that could be looked into, but no necessarily being worked on right now. And it seems like it will be a new car design, and not a refined S400 version or upgradeable version.

This is just speculation of course, and it would be cool to get a more clarifying comment on this from Serpent.

In my opinion, the S400 is the one of the top TC in the market today, and it would be awesome to get into one again...we just need the support and continued R&D from Serpent, which is defenitely happening now once again.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Website looks good... My only question is what does a 461.95 Setup Board actaully look like...
Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Website looks good... My only question is what does a 461.95 Setup Board actaully look like...
Yeah, i know..... It's all Carbon fiber...Crazy price....by the way only special order
Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

any1 has stocks for S400 rear diff pulley..? seems like the entire aseans contries r running out of stock..!

any news on S401 (if ther's any)...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default S400

Originally Posted by fly_wheel
any1 has stocks for S400 rear diff pulley..? seems like the entire aseans contries r running out of stock..!

any news on S401 (if ther's any)...
S401? the only thing thats sure is that it will have 4 drive shafts & will run on 4 tyres. :P

They are not working on a touring car yet, hope it wont come out before late 2010 cauz I have just purchased a S400... For now what we need is more R&D on the S400 as it is already a fantastic car that just needs to be upgraded to perform better. First we need a better top deck to get more flex & more work on the rotating mass/ driveshafts ... please.

If serpent start talking S401 they won't sell any S400.... thats why I think if S401 there is it will be keep secret till the last minute.

But we touring drivers wanted to try the S400 and we don't want to see the S400 become obsolete.

Thanks

Didier
Old 01-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ds400
S401? the only thing thats sure is that it will have 4 drive shafts & will run on 4 tyres. :P

They are not working on a touring car yet, hope it wont come out before late 2010 cauz I have just purchased a S400... For now what we need is more R&D on the S400 as it is already a fantastic car that just needs to be upgraded to perform better. First we need a better top deck to get more flex & more work on the rotating mass/ driveshafts ... please.

If serpent start talking S401 they won't sell any S400.... thats why I think if S401 there is it will be keep secret till the last minute.

But we touring drivers wanted to try the S400 and we don't want to see the S400 become obsolete.

Thanks

Didier
hope not entirely new car, but some update like lipo frendly top deck n bulkheads... the rest of the car has been superb...
Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Serpent America will be closed from February 7th through Feb 15th.

We will reopen on February 16th.

Any orders placed during that week by fax or e-mail will be processed when we return on February 16th.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Serpent America

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.