Need help BADLY!!! 3ps radio.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help BADLY!!! 3ps radio.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Unhappy Need help BADLY!!! 3ps radio.....

My 3ps doesnt work at all. I pressed "end" once after I was checking out some stuff on it, and now its STUCK on a screen that just says the voltage, "M1", and "BATT". I tried pressing EVERY button, changing the battery, turning it on and off, etc. What the heck do I do?! I just bought this used from someone and it worked fine for a little bit until I pressed "end". PLEASE help!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

hey if you want to buy another one...i have one!!! pretty cheap with a blue LED in place of the red one. i dont know anything about your problem though...mine has always worked fine. if your interested e-mail me at [email protected]

~Zig
Old 10-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

did u try removing the batteries and leaving it off for a while then putting it back on?...
Old 10-10-2003, 09:02 PM
R/C Tech Founder

This normally means that the back-up battery on the 3PS is dead. The only option is to send it to Airtronics for repairs, it needs to be done every 2-3 years.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Weeeeeird I think I fixed it. Once I push end, it locks up kind of. But once I push BOTH arrow buttons at the same time it goes back to normal. Now I have other problems:

Every time I plug in my Explorer2 to my Futaba receiver, along with my futaba standard servo the ESC doesnt respond and it doesnt steer. But if I just plug in the esc and no servo it works fine (no steering). I tried a different servo and it works fine ( another futaba servo from another car). How can I fix this, I dont want to have to buy another servo!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by KevanB
Weeeeeird I think I fixed it. Once I push end, it locks up kind of. But once I push BOTH arrow buttons at the same time it goes back to normal. Now I have other problems:

Every time I plug in my Explorer2 to my Futaba receiver, along with my futaba standard servo the ESC doesnt respond and it doesnt steer. But if I just plug in the esc and no servo it works fine (no steering). I tried a different servo and it works fine ( another futaba servo from another car). How can I fix this, I dont want to have to buy another servo!
try cleaning out the reciever i run futaba recivers and had a simular prob,, cleaned it out and have no prob's.... make sure your plugs are not pluged into the batt spot on the reciever use 1 and 2 positions .. give it a try...i also run a 3ps.. but if all else fails send it in ..like futureal recomended,,
Old 10-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

actually Im using a Futaba receiver, and a JRxr2 am transmitter. I plugged them in the right slots, since the throttle works fine. Could it be the servo? I tried it with a different futaba servo and it works fine.

Ill just end up replacing the servo.