Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
competion racing >

competion racing

competion racing

Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the suggestions I will try them out. I missed my session today but I will get some laps in sometime and try the setup changes out
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I would start with getting a Mazda Speed 6 body, that's a foam tire DNA body and would have less overall downforce than a body intended for rubber tire racing.
Agreed with that & the tip about milling the center of the chassis, I did that to the TC3 I ran, as well as used a rear shock tower in front(so both shock towers were the same). Also, I'd reccomend getting some TC4 chassis corner braces(for lack of the proper term, I forgot what they call them, but they go on each corner of the chassis tub), those will give you extra inner camber link mounting locations(& make it easier to adjust roll center, by using shims under the inner mount). Additionally, if you can get comfortable driving it without using the brakes, then I'd try a front one-way, they're good for getting more on-throttle steering(but at the cost of disabling any front braking action, so it'll want to spin out if you punch the brakes, you have to get used to rolling into & out of corners more without completely letting off throttle), it works for me very well at ACR...
BTW, you really should come see me in the pits Sat. in case you didn't know, I'm Bob Seay, the guy who runs the OSU cars in Pro Stock Sedan & Vintage Trans Am, I'm happy to help any time, just look me up...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

yes sir what your are saying about rolling the throttle is so true. I really started to get the hang of it last weekend everything seemed to flow really well