Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gs racing....SUTce champion edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default gs racing....SUTce champion edition

just got one for a good price....anyone know anything about this truck....
its not on their web stie anymore......
Old 11-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Good little truck there mate. Basically a buggy with extended hubs for a wider wheel track. GS had good success with this vehicle in the early days as it was one of the first of its type on the market. Your local GS supplier should still have some parts you may need. Go out, thrash it and have a ball.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey, I have a GS Thread a few lines down. The buggies I've got from GS are rock solid. Your truck should be even tougher. A Main is an online hobby store that sells GS if your local hobby shop can't get parts. I may, in fact, be getting some truck parts as part of a package deal on a buggy I'm buying. Those GS parts I get that arn't for the GS CL-1 buggy, should be made for your truck. I'll check and let you know. GS isn't as popular as some manufacturers in here in the US but they make awesome stuff. Brett, Up-Side-Down Racing Team
Old 11-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

it seems pretty solid,looks like a small truggy.....but yea my lhs can get stuff from gs...im just hoping that the newer parts fit my truck,or they still have alot of parts???
does anyone know it the new truggy parts fit my truck?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think a lot of their parts are interchangable. Usually they lenghten the wheelbase a little and do a little change here and there. Most of the time the new bolts up to the old. And check ebay. You can find and entire truck for 60 or 70 bucks sometimes. A GS Storm Pro with JR radio and OS engine sold for $150 a week or so ago. That's the nice thing about our old GS products, low resale. That's assuming you keep it. Keep an eye on ebay, you'll find trucks like yours rtr for 150 and under. Don't give more than that for one though. Don't give that unless it has a good radio, engine and is in great shape. It's only worth 125 or so if in used average shape but with equipment and ready to run. This is information I've gathered from watching ebay so it is accurate. Here and there one goes for more or less than it should but these figures are about the norm. By the way, I think your truck shares parts with the old Storm buggy, and there is a new Storm Evo RTR who's parts are all compatible with the old one except for the chassis and hinge pin mounts. Just realized you said CE edition. The prices I mentioned might go $50 or so higher in that case but no more than that.

Last edited by BrettL; 11-30-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

i dont understand why its so cheap...it seem solid,real solid.....anyway
i had no problem finding the parts i needed,i gave my lhs the part#'s out of the manual...so thats a relief...i wonder if i should stock up....i will keep and work on her...i kinda like the fact she is a short truggy....i dont care for the gs engine that goes asap....i used a wing from a hellfire,if i dont bash the wing will hold up....my only other concers is a bumper....i need a front bumper,any ideas?
and i need some big bore shocks....but found a nice set on ebay for 30$
i need to figure out if its 14 or 17mm hex on her?