Team driver Salaries?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 04:32 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Racenut123

Hey how you going.

I think you may be correct but im sure there is more than 2 or 3 heres quite a few examples. The one and only Barry Baker ad Josh Cyrul, Mike Blackstock, Surikan Chadisuriya, Atushi hara , Adachi, Brian Kinwald, Matt Francis, Todd hodge , Adam Drake, Paul Lemiuex, David Spashett, Teemu leino, (Euro Champ) Mark Pavidis,.

See there is quite a few here but your probably right about the Tamiya thing that was only a guess. Although it might be good to find out if he was sponsored by Tmiya USA or Tamiya Japan. Im sre Japan is where the money is. But hey i could be wrong im only going off that everytime you see Surikarn he is with his family.

Hey thats just my opinion going off what is on here come on Barry or Josh give us an idea/estimate. aaahhhhh Please put this friendly argument to rest.

Cheers Racenut
Nathan
Old 10-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Team driver Salaries?

Originally posted by holycow
Do team drivers such as Kinwald actually receive a salary from companies like Losi? Or do they just get full sponsorship? I wonder how much they make?
Barry,

I am honored that you replied to my post

The question was first posted by holycow.

Thanks.

CE!
Old 10-12-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default I am not asking how much a person makes at all.

I just know that all the drivers you mentioned dont make anywhere near 100,000 us dollars a year.They may make a living doing this but not that good.This not to slight anyone for thier awsome talents.

I really don't think a single Factory driver will come on a forum and declare that this is what I make or this is what another guy I know makes, so why don't we let this die already.I thonk it kind of rude to be asking anyway.

just my 2 cents
Old 10-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: I am not asking how much a person makes at all.

Originally posted by racenut123
I just know that all the drivers you mentioned dont make anywhere near 100,000 us dollars a year.They may make a living doing this but not that good.This not to slight anyone for thier awsome talents.

I really don't think a single Factory driver will come on a forum and declare that this is what I make or this is what another guy I know makes, so why don't we let this die already.I thonk it kind of rude to be asking anyway.

just my 2 cents

I agree.

Sorry,I guess I was not thinking at all.

Let's let this thread dies

Last edited by centax error!; 10-12-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: I am not asking how much a person makes at all.

Originally posted by racenut123
I thonk it kind of rude to be asking anyway.
just my 2 cents

I didn't specifically ask anybody, it was just intended for general conversation. I couldnt care less of the ACTUAL dollar amount... I was just curious if these drivers make 100% of their living from RC. Maybe it isn't that we shouldnt be asking, maybe you are just too uptight.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think a better question would be can you make a living racing RC cars,I dont think you can just racing,maybe if you work for your sponsor.It would be cool if you could.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Holycow.

I was not being specific with you.I just feel its rude to ask how much someone makes for a living.Kind of like never ask a woman{especially an middle aged woman}her age.

I know enough sponsored drivers to know that even the creme of the crop don't make tons of money.A honest living more like.Can't ask for a better situation if you can swing it.

So maybe you should not jump the gun son when you assumed I was speaking to you.What a lack of humilty!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok heres the scoop everyone.....

I(myself) make enough to pay my bills(not always on time...lol)and put alittle away every month for those rainy days...

I put in alot of time at races and promo events....

Everyone thinks it is all glamorous and stuff like that but let me tell you it is very hard to go to all the races and hold a serious relationship,the ones who do hold one do not attend the small races only the bigger ones...

I do think that if you put in as much time as myself or kinwald or francis or many others you should be paid for what you do....we specialize in our jobs so its like a person at any other job you get paid for what you do and how you do it....

And like everyother job we all could use a raise but hey I am Happy at this moment...

Hope this cleared this up alittle,

Barry
Old 10-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanx barry, i think thats all we really wanted to know, right guys, now we finally heard it straight from a pros mouth.(or fingers)
Old 10-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys,

Its really none of our buisness what the pros get paid.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I can tell you this much, those guys work HARD for their money, and it is very stressfull when your trying to win against the best in the world...... I would like to drive like Barry, but I would never want his schedule.....ALWAYS on the go. Theres alot to being a pro. I know most of these guys and they live a good life, but grueling schedule. I'm happy just being joe schmooo.....
Old 10-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I dont care who knows how much money I make in a year.. I do know that I did not like being sponsored,parts are cheap,but thanks for responding Barry,You are one of the best drivers out their.It's good to see that a few of the top drivers can at least make it.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I'm sure that most of you wouldn't like being paid to race as then it wouldn't be fun anymore. Why!!!!! Because it is like any other job and we all know having to work sucks.

Think about it, these pros have alot of pressure to win and do well to help promote the companies their race for. We think it would be cool but most would find that after a few months it would suck.

For those who go to big races can you imagine doing doing that a few times a month. Having to be at the track Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sun and then after practicing and racing you need to stay up to all hours in the morning to get you stuff working or to keep it working. It might be fun for some but can you really see yourself doing that all the time for years and years to come with the pressure of needing to do great all the time.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

WYD: You've got it figured out and I couldn't agree more! I raced motorcycles for quite a few years. I got shop-sponsored and was being looked at for a factory ride at one time. Trust me, it had ceased being fun and became a job. I wouldn't trade places with these guys and they have my respect, they all work hard.

Barry Baker: Seen any "Outlaw-Mini Coopers" lately? (yup, I'm a smart....well, you know the rest.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Graphitedust what type of cycle racing did you do? Cycle racing takes to mad skills and big ones!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.