Wiki Posts
Search

kicked out of a stock class?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default kicked out of a stock class?

Has anyone heard of this? Was told i could not race in a stock buggy points series at a track because of no reason. Does anyone think this is a little messed up? I drive nearly 2hrs every saturday to race at this place and last night was the start of the points, i get there and sign in and right before race time the track owners came to me and said we dont want you in stock buggy. WTF? i had 4hrs of road time just to practice and leave?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
Has anyone heard of this? Was told i could not race in a stock buggy points series at a track because of no reason. Does anyone think this is a little messed up? I drive nearly 2hrs every saturday to race at this place and last night was the start of the points, i get there and sign in and right before race time the track owners came to me and said we dont want you in stock buggy. WTF? i had 4hrs of road time just to practice and leave?

Maybe they want you to move bump up. thats a good thing maybe?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

but to bump to mod i would on be running against 2 ppl instead of 6-7 that show for the stock. i drive 2hrs to get there to race and don't think all that time and money spent to race should limit me running against 2 ppl. . . . .
Old 11-30-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
but to bump to mod i would on be running against 2 ppl instead of 6-7 that show for the stock. i drive 2hrs to get there to race and don't think all that time and money spent to race should limit me running against 2 ppl. . . . .

if you consistantly win every week you race....it's time to step up a level. or maybe you were cheating, or they thought you were some how.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Maybe you should have asked the owner this question????
Old 11-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just guessing here... Were you running a mod motor? If so, and as you stated the other racers are running for points in the stock class, I think it is reasonable to ask you to run in the Mod class.

As previously posted, the track owner or race director is a better person to ask this of. More details would be in order here before we condemn the track owner.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Is your buggy stock?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

you definitely need to eleborate more on what you are running for gear, how you usually do, and what the owner said was the reason.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Wow, you posted this on here snake? You're gonna get all kind of answers on here bro, lol.

Anyway, I know this guy and no he isn't cheating and yes his buggy is stock, lol. He is one of the faster guys that runs stock but he's in that gray area where he's really too fast for stock and not quite fast enough for mod. The way I am understanding what happened is the track owners (I'm not one of them) may be trying to regulate the stock class and only letting the beginner type people run it. At least, that's the way I understood it.

If anything snake, if they were worried about you taking the whole thing then they should have at least let you run stock but not let you run for points. Fair or not, this would have let you race.

But you know, they are trying to get you to bump up bro.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
you definitely need to eleborate more on what you are running for gear, how you usually do, and what the owner said was the reason.
The track he races at runs 13.5's for stock, lipo batts, offroad track, xxx-cr, he's usually up in the top three. I'm sure he'll get in here and tell us the reasons.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

If you are meeting All the requirements of the class, you should be allowed to run in that class. Why should someone be forced to run a modified class, when they are good in a stock format? As long as they are meeting all regulations.. Is not this the basis of competition? Being good with a level playing field? If he was running a mod motor, and winning consistantly, are you going to tell him to move up? to where? or not to come and race? Mabe to him stock is easier on parts and up keep? mabe he dosent want to go any faster. Why should he be told not to be in that class? If he meets all requirements.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

man I been racing for 20 yrs. and I still LOVE to run stock.It's just more fun with every body being about the same speeds you can get some real close racing.

I guess my only question would be were you asked to bump up or were you told to bump up?

If it was me and I was told I had to bump up I probally would just have run mod, or at least next time showed up with a buggy for each!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hmmm, I just looked over the rules of the points series and they have a sportsman buggy class listed, along with stock and mod buggies. So, three total classes for buggy. You should have been able to run stock, but I wasn't there so I don't know what really happened.

I'm with him though, I like running in the bigger class and stock is definitely the bigger class there.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

FIRST - "SnakeBait" sounds like a new account just for "baiting" people into an argument. But for the sake of discussion....

Maybe you just suck at driving, hack people all the time, and/or require constant marshaling.

Before you get on here and start flaming someone, you should have all your facts straight and be honest. People always seem to know someone who knows someone that will get the REAL truth and facts posted if you don't come clean first.

Why do they NOT want you racing in the Stock Buggy Points series?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

I remember a few years ago I was at some car show where they had an oval and a few rc cars. If you won you got to stay, so I was there about an hour before they told me to come back another time
Sounds like your way too fast for the class, but what does that matter?Its racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.