Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 bodies comparison

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default 1/10 bodies comparison

Can someone tell me the difference btwn these bodies?

Protoform mazda 6, stratus 3.0, DNA 3.0?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by straightaway
Can someone tell me the difference btwn these bodies?

Protoform mazda 6, stratus 3.0, DNA 3.0?

Thanks in advance.
Here is my experiences.

The Mazda 6 doesn't turn for me. I stopped running this body a while ago.

My first DNA's as well as the ones I let friends test, also did not turn well. However I did use one at the sedan nats in Texas and as the traction was very high, it stopped my car from traction rolling and I ran my best lap times with that body. For some reason now the body is very loose. I don't know if I have been mounting them farther forward or what, but I have now had a hard time getting that body to hook up..... I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.

The Stratus 3.1 is very good. This body is the most popular nitro onroad body and has been for a long time. I race this body pretty much all the time. Try getting one of each and test for yourself, or if that is too expensive I would use the Stratus. Get a DNA as a second choice and give it a try.

If you only want to get one the Stratus is the most tried and proven body for the last few years. Can't go wrong with the Protoform Stratus 3.1
Old 11-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

You should take Blitz Altis 2.3 body into consideration as well, the last Worlds were won with this body!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Stratus 3.1 works best for me

personally, i have tried the stratus, stratus 3.1, altis, altis 2.3 and east civic and find that the stratus 3.1 works best for me.

the stratus 3.1 is very well balanced and gives the best overall grip. it does not turn as well but you can always compensate with your settings. The civic turns very well but it seems a bit more washy at high speeds. As for the altis, it give better turn in than the stratus but less than the civic. It also loses out slightly on rear grip.

in short, the stratus 3.1 gives me the best lap times as it easiest to drive and very predictable...
Old 11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Thanks for the advice.

I will use the stratus 3.1.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I used the parma-m , it was pretty nice , 3.1 was also very nice. I really liked the parma it came out a little after the 3.1
Old 11-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

The stratus body is what can be considered the foundation body that has lead to the newer bodies of today. It is stable and has decent turning abilities. Every company, including our manufacturer Blitz, has a stratus body.

However there is evolution with bodies by all companies. For Blitz we have the world champion body the Blitz Altis 2.3. This body is the next step of the Stratus body. It is more stable and with better high speed turning abilities. This body is quite different in placement of cab and front bumper compared to the stratus. From there with aerodynamics we came out with a body that is better for tighter more technical tracks. (Altis 2.0)

Cars have grown in speed due to engine development. In order to get all that power to the ground and then to be able to handle your car at these speeds, aerodynamics of bodies has become very important to drivers especially top drivers that are always looking for tenths. Therefore you will see the advancement in bodies like the Altis 2.3 and others by different companies.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Suspended

What crap!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

What kind of car do you use?

DJ Apolaro
Old 11-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Suspended

Who me?
Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

No, the original post.

DJ Apolaro
Old 11-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

I've tried the Stratus 3.1, DNA and the new 2.3 Blitz. I agree 3.1 is the best, but I am now retrying the 2.3 Blitz since I am looking for more turn.

When I first tested Blitz then it came out, it was less stable than 3.1 at high speed but I am not getting a new one and mouting it a bit more to the front and moving the wing backwards, lets see if this will help.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
What kind of car do you use?

DJ Apolaro
Out of curosity.. does a certain bodyshell works better with certain cars?