xxx-t diff question? >

xxx-t diff question?

xxx-t diff question?

Old 11-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default xxx-t diff question?

hey
im thinking of getting a xxx-t mf2 for racing. im going to run brushless. where can i get an after market diff, so it wont burn up on me. i know there is a couple. any help.
thanks
Old 11-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

why would you need a new diff right away. people have degraded losi diffs in what they say about them. there is nothing wrong with them at all. if you ajust them correctly and maintain them the right way they should be maintained there wont be a problem. if you need a diff that bad then id say get the b-fast losi diff.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have seen some trashed diffs. Most of them were the result of improper break-in, lack of maintenence and/or running the diff too loose. Some were just long over due for replacement. A properly broke-in, set and maintained diff will last quite some time. Also the cornering of the truck will be at it's best.
There is some good info on the B-FAST thread here on RCTech under "Electric Offroad" and at www.bfastrc.com

I run a XXXT Mamba Max/4600 and love it.

Fred
B-FAST R/C
Old 11-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
why would you need a new diff right away. people have degraded losi diffs in what they say about them. there is nothing wrong with them at all. if you ajust them correctly and maintain them the right way they should be maintained there wont be a problem. if you need a diff that bad then id say get the b-fast losi diff.
+1
Old 11-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

alright, all the guys at my lhs that have them, end up coming in every month or so to get a whole new diff. so i didnt know what was up, thats why i went here to ask. thanks for the help.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You could probably justify rebuilding it each month if you're racing every weekend with heavy use. If you adjust it properly, however, there's no telling how long you can get out of it. Most diff failure is because it's been set incorrectly or it's just too old.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

mine lasted a few months and still works great. i end up building the diff every week because i like the best out of my truck that i can get. just make sure you adjust the diff when needed.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

thats even more help. usually i run a t4 but i sold that and ran into a great deal for the xxx-t so THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP TONIGHT.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

If guys at your track are burning up diffs... then something is wrong.. The Losi diff has changed very little in the last 10 years.. just a few slight variations.

The biggest thing you'll need to worry about are the diff rings. If they groove up, which is usually the case, then flip them or replace them... not a big deal.. They are $2 a pair. You can check out the B-fast stuff.. hearing a lot of good things about them.

I have run everything from a stock 27t motor to a 9t single.. to a 3.5 Brushless.. never had a diff melt or strip gears on a well maintained tranny.

A loose diff will melt as will a dry one. A tight diff run on blue groove or the street will strip gears... that's just the way competition level racers work.

Good luck!

Jerome
Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

If you have the first version XXX I would suggest the CR Monster diff screw and spring set. With a coil spring instead of the coned Bellville washers. Makes it a little easier to set and maintains setting better.

Also be sure to tighten/check the diff after the first run or two after rebuilding, they bed in a little.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Get a gear diff from the Losi Desert Truck

This is what you'll need:

The complete gear diff: LOSA2930

Tranny case: LOSA2919

They're about $25.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

isnt the diff in the desert truck the same as the one in the newer version xxx-t (cr). thats what i thought?

thanks
Old 11-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

No the desert truck runs a gear differential.. the other losi trucks run ball diffs.

If you really aren't into maintaining the tranny... from what I hear, the gear diff might be the thing to do. If you want performance and you race.. I'd stick to the ball diff.

Jerome
Old 11-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

im going to stick with the ball diff for now. i dont mind messing with diffs.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by B-FAST R/C
I have seen some trashed diffs. Most of them were the result of improper break-in, lack of maintenence and/or running the diff too loose. Some were just long over due for replacement. A properly broke-in, set and maintained diff will last quite some time. Also the cornering of the truck will be at it's best.
There is some good info on the B-FAST thread here on RCTech under "Electric Offroad" and at www.bfastrc.com

I run a XXXT Mamba Max/4600 and love it.

Fred
B-FAST R/C
Fred, are you running the 88T spur gear, what pinion do you run with that KV? Do you run 3s lipoly's with this setup?

Thanks,
BK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.