MTX 5

Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Some of you guys crack me up, you sound like a bunch of little boys having a tantrum because they can't have their new toy NOW. I think it's great that Mugen gives us early warning that they're comming out with a new car.
I have read all the different opinions with great interest, its fantastic people are passionate about their hobby and like to share their thoughts its good for the sport, never noticed any tantrums, freedom of speech is great don't you think
Old 02-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Les
I have read all the different opinions with great interest, its fantastic people are passionate about their hobby and like to share their thoughts its good for the sport, never noticed any tantrums, freedom of speech is great don't you think
The tone is quite subdued in this and most other technical forums, but I afraid that the same cannot be said about some of the racing governing bodies's forums unfortunately.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anybody heard what the street price of this car is going to be? I will probably add one to my stable of 200mm cars if the pricing is reasonable. I wonder, "What will be changed/modified from the CAD pics that we saw?"
Old 02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Has anybody heard what the street price of this car is going to be? I will probably add one to my stable of 200mm cars if the pricing is reasonable. I wonder, "What will be changed/modified from the CAD pics that we saw?"
I think you'll just have to be patient for that JLock. Pick the most expensive kit that's on the market now for a rough guide. This one will not be cheap; nor should it be with a reputation for quality that Mugen has earned.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
theres no prototype yet! so just wait 8 months and well see
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

man this thread really died. Anyone heard any new info on this car? I am excited to see the car. I hope we will hear more after the 1/8 worlds.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Mugen is talking about a release sometime between August and October of this year. Right now, they are concentrating efforts on the MRX5 and their MBX6 line of offroad vehicles. We should start seeing more on the car by June (hopefully).
Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YANMAN
man this thread really died. Anyone heard any new info on this car? I am excited to see the car. I hope we will hear more after the 1/8 worlds.
fall release for this car!
prototype pics in june and price list will be ready on august and release on sept,
price should be around $500 hopefully!
will post parts list once i get them as I did on the mrx5
Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
fall release for this car!
prototype pics in june and price list will be ready on august and release on sept,
will post parts list once i get them as I did on the mrx5
Will they release some parts when they release the car? One would hate to get the car and not be able to get some spare right away if you break something.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looking at recent pricing trends, I think most 10th are around $100 cheaper than 8th versions, though there seems to be some heavy discounting in 10th scale recently from international sellers.

As for parts, I vaguely remember the on line retailers rolling out parts as little as a week or so after the first models came out?.

I'm actually very keen to see if Mugen can pull back a lot of it's market, so many have become either Xray or now Capricorn pilots, me I made a decision to just hold with the 4 till the 5 came out, but then I'm not a major racer either.
(I did almost buy a Serpent though, just cause I hate working on the 4)
Old 04-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
t,
You hope! Are you a gambling man? I'll bet you that it will be substantially more than US$500.00., and I'd be very surprised if it comes that cheap. Check the prices of a high quality kit: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Capricorn-LAB...c#ht_500wt_922 & http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Capricorn-lab...#ht_4107wt_905.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bishop
Looking at recent pricing trends, I think most 10th are around $100 cheaper than 8th versions, though there seems to be some heavy discounting in 10th scale recently from international sellers.

As for parts, I vaguely remember the on line retailers rolling out parts as little as a week or so after the first models came out?.

I'm actually very keen to see if Mugen can pull back a lot of it's market, so many have become either Xray or now Capricorn pilots, me I made a decision to just hold with the 4 till the 5 came out, but then I'm not a major racer either.
(I did almost buy a Serpent though, just cause I hate working on the 4)
There is also another battle brewing for Mugen in 1/8th scale with the above mentioned brands, Kerry. Interesting times; and competition is supposed to be good for the customers, so we perhaps we have better times to look forward to.

Hopefully the Mugen designers take a good look at the issue with making the new car easier to work on, like Salven has done with the Serpents.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately I'm the cheapest bastard around when it comes to racing, but then it's the only thing that allows me to stay out there...

You can buy a Cap for $650 via HK, a Kyosho will sting around $600, Xray is all over the place recently but currently under $500, Serpent is gob smacking cheap at near $400... (oh so tempting)

The 8th are also a lot cheaper recently, you can get a 5 for $650, new Xray is pre-order for a little less, and WTF from Serpent at $550...

So I'm thinking $550 for the MTX5 is a fairly safe bet, though from more official US or AU sources it's going to be more for sure, but probably still a bargain with recent trends keeping these cars a lot cheaper than I remember them being not that long ago.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
There is also another battle brewing for Mugen in 1/8th scale with the above mentioned brands, Kerry. Interesting times; and competition is supposed to be good for the customers, so we perhaps we have better times to look forward to.

Hopefully the Mugen designers take a good look at the issue with making the new car easier to work on, like Salven has done with the Serpents.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Fingers crossed yeah, I imagine the 8th boys will be delighted with the idea that all the new 8th scale cars may bring out some more numbers for them to play with.

And yes, looking at the CAD images, I'd say Rob (see I can call him that now cause he is a friend on facebook :-P) has spent some time with the idea of making it easy to maintain, but you never quite know till someone does it for real.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
Unfortunately I'm the cheapest bastard around when it comes to racing, but then it's the only thing that allows me to stay out there...

You can buy a Cap for $650 via HK, a Kyosho will sting around $600, Xray is all over the place recently but currently under $500, Serpent is gob smacking cheap at near $400... (oh so tempting)

The 8th are also a lot cheaper recently, you can get a 5 for $650, new Xray is pre-order for a little less, and WTF from Serpent at $550...

So I'm thinking $550 for the MTX5 is a fairly safe bet, though from more official US or AU sources it's going to be more for sure, but probably still a bargain with recent trends keeping these cars a lot cheaper than I remember them being not that long ago.
mugens have always been around the kyosho price range. i don't think we will see it being overly expensive, there is no reason why it should be, there is nothing in it's design, or manufacturing process that would have been over and above the needs of all the previous cars. If the MTX5 is indeed significantly more exy than the previous editions (i think the mtx4 was around $450 to $500) then you can probably safely assume mugen is taking advantage of the price increases initiated by capricorn and xray, and just following suite.

I think the MTX4R was around the $550 range from memory. that was the full hopped up version

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.