Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bishop
There is no stripping gears problem, but it's frustrating to see someone new bring it up every few pages, rather than back reading to find the solution.

And the cams/parts of the steering servo saver don't sit flush out of the kit, the cup side has too much lip, keeping them from properly seating, which will create a wandering alignment, file it down and issue fixed.
hey bishop,sorry for being lazy not to check the back pages.anyways,i haven't stripped a gear or anything.its just that i'm worried it may happen due to the flex.i believe its a good car too and i will try my best to make it work coz i love Mugen.

will visit the track again soon and give feedback in the future.thanks to all who have given their opinions.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

CSO Makes servo saver for the car
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It did sound funny, I posted it then looked at it, but felt too lazy to fix it.

With the stripping second, it's more a case of you feel a bit gutted when quite frequently someone will say something like "I don't really want to buy the 5 till they fix the stripping issue", or likewise people will fear it while yet to even strip one, or strip them from lazy setup then blame the car.

It was one of those things that spread like wild fire after the cars release, and people jumped all over it, which I think hurt the sale of what is a very good car.

'Real' issues with the car got sort of almost ignored right away, like the clutch end stopper being drilled off center, fuel tank posts with the holes not drilled in them, that steering servo saver plastic slight misfit (seriously 'do not' glue your saver), and one gear alignment issue that did exist was it hard to get the pinions out far enough to 'fully' mesh the spurs, Mugen should have included some washers for behind the flywheel (I just got some of those).
Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Huge plus points people 'should' be aware of on the five, the car has a seriously good driveline/drivetrain, it's so light and free a slow engine can still feel quick in the chassis, also I was finishing running in my 353 last week, after a quick squirt and let off the gas, it would roll near the length of pit straight, and I'm still running urethane belts.

Also with people wondering about the new kit revisions, there is so little changed it's crazy, I was building a set of the 'new' diffs last night, if your wondering what has changed, about the only obvious one is the screw holes may be .1mm smaller and now use 2mm longer and .1mm thinner hex headed screws, anything else different is very hard to notice.

Likewise those revised upper bulk heads, don't go looking for anything super important there either, when the upper arm carbon stay butts into the alloy, they changed the alloy from a right angle, to a curve to give some more meat on the alloy part, a slight strengthening of something I'd yet to hear of anyone even breaking.

Most of the kit revisions are like that, tweaks that won't 'fix' anything as such, maybe just make things just a little stronger, but nothing at all wrong with the original kit really.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Huge plus points people 'should' be aware of on the five, the car has a seriously good driveline/drivetrain, it's so light and free a slow engine can still feel quick in the chassis, also I was finishing running in my 353 last week, after a quick squirt and let off the gas, it would roll near the length of pit straight, and I'm still running urethane belts.

Also with people wondering about the new kit revisions, there is so little changed it's crazy, I was building a set of the 'new' diffs last night, if your wondering what has changed, about the only obvious one is the screw holes may be .1mm smaller and now use 2mm longer and .1mm thinner hex headed screws, anything else different is very hard to notice.

Likewise those revised upper bulk heads, don't go looking for anything super important there either, when the upper arm carbon stay butts into the alloy, they changed the alloy from a right angle, to a curve to give some more meat on the alloy part, a slight strengthening of something I'd yet to hear of anyone even breaking.

Most of the kit revisions are like that, tweaks that won't 'fix' anything as such, maybe just make things just a little stronger, but nothing at all wrong with the original kit really.

lol yeah true with the rear carbon fibre camber link brace. i purchased it thinking it had revised mounting positions, or mounting positions further out...it's just got a bloody chamfer cut on the inside bottom edge

personally i think the diff screws need to be longer and a little wider.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

It did sound funny, I posted it then looked at it, but felt too lazy to fix it.

With the stripping second, it's more a case of you feel a bit gutted when quite frequently someone will say something like "I don't really want to buy the 5 till they fix the stripping issue", or likewise people will fear it while yet to even strip one, or strip them from lazy setup then blame the car.

It was one of those things that spread like wild fire after the cars release, and people jumped all over it, which I think hurt the sale of what is a very good car.

'Real' issues with the car got sort of almost ignored right away, like the clutch end stopper being drilled off center, fuel tank posts with the holes not drilled in them, that steering servo saver plastic slight misfit (seriously 'do not' glue your saver), and one gear alignment issue that did exist was it hard to get the pinions out far enough to 'fully' mesh the spurs, Mugen should have included some washers for behind the flywheel (I just got some of those).
yeah..where i play,there isn't many running the 5 because of this problem thinking that it has a problem.but i'm still gonna run it anyways.and yes,i really feel that the drivetrain is very smooth.and i'm gonna stick with running the composite diffs and not change to the steel ones.but that means i have to discipline myself to check them often.

and thanks for ur feedback on the updated kits.seems like not much of a difference at all.i guess i will just continue running on my current one!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Its Just an Illusion

Originally Posted by barg
Hahaha... It just sounded funny.....

Well we saw a lot of stripped gears at the Serpent Tour so lots of user problems for the guys in Sydney...... Kickass was one of the only ones not to strip any gears.... He knows the secret but will he share?

You will have to share your secrets with the Sydney boys Dan.
I have merily Synchronised all 4 poles (See Below)

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
The stripping gear issue is not a car issue its a user problem, not really a solution a few pages back but more guidance on what people are doing to create a problem Mr Barger!!!!
Stripping gears is definately a car problem, there are a combination of issues some that are fixable and some that are not that contribute to this problem, you can eliminate the fixable issues and this minimises your chances of stripping gears. One may ask themselves why don't Xray and Capricorn drivers have to pay so much attention to alignment and mesh in order not to strip gears, i used to slap on gears on my xray bung on a motor (mesh near enough good enough) and replace spur gears a year later cause the plastic looked old. Lets be realastic here, There is an issue with gear stripping, this is not a random event.
The ones that don"t have this problem have merily syncrinised all 4 poles and hit a G spot, the challenge is to keep hitting this g spot.

Rear diff plastic has more meat to beef it up obviously in order to address rear diff failure with plastis gears, problem now is everybody is too scared to run plastic gears, on this car. I know all you Capricorn drivers will be chuckling at this right now as their diffs are about 15 gms lighter, these are the facts.
And guess what the first time i pulled my upper bulkhead off the car it was broken and guess what again the mugen importer fails to acnowledge that this part should be replaced as a defect even when you see the new one with more beef on it,
Mugen basically sais tuff titties, just like the stripping gears just like the blowing diffs, just like the mismatching servo savers, just like the thrust ecentric holder with a wonky hole.
Oh and if anyone thinks that the driveline is free (with urethane belts) and light (with steel diffs, steel cvds, heavy spurs etc) your having yourselves on right here. Throw away these belts put the rubbers on and you will still find the side and front belts are too tight with no more adjustment.
(Capricorn drivers stop falling off your chairs in laughter right now), we don't care that your diffs are lighter, your diffs are reliable, your drive line is lighter your chassy does not hit the floor in a bow when the breaks are applied, you don't bend chassies on starter boxes, you don't blow gears, your thrust bearings spin without wobbling, you get rubber belts in the kit bla bla bla, this is all too boring for us, we Mugensuckers like a challenge, and a challenge we have got.

Other than that this is a really nice car.

Last edited by kickass; 03-24-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

well said kickass.you the man!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

i dont think you guys know what it takes to set up a car.. its sad.. you will learn some time
Old 03-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
I have merily Synchronised all 4 poles (See Below) .

Stripping gears is definately a car problem, there are a combination of issues some that are fixable and some that are not that contribute to this problem, you can eliminate the fixable issues and this minimises your chances of stripping gears. One may ask themselves why don't Xray and Capricorn drivers have to pay so much attention to alignment and mesh in order not to strip gears, i used to slap on gears on my xray bung on a motor (mesh near enough good enough) and replace spur gears a year later cause the plastic looked old. Lets be realastic here, There is an issue with gear stripping, this is not a random event.
The ones that don"t have this problem have merily syncrinised all 4 poles and hit a G spot, the challenge is to keep hitting this g spot.

Rear diff plastic has more meat to beef it up obviously in order to address rear diff failure with plastis gears, problem now is everybody is too scared to run plastic gears, on this car. I know all you Capricorn drivers will be chuckling at this right now as their diffs are about 15 gms lighter, these are the facts.
And guess what the first time i pulled my upper bulkhead off the car it was broken and guess what again the mugen importer fails to acnowledge that this part should be replaced as a defect even when you see the new one with more beef on it,
Mugen basically sais tuff titties, just like the stripping gears just like the blowing diffs, just like the mismatching servo savers, just like the thrust ecentric holder with a wonky hole.
Oh and if anyone thinks that the driveline is free (with urethane belts) and light (with steel diffs, steel cvds, heavy spurs etc) your having yourselves on right here. Throw away these belts put the rubbers on and you will still find the side and front belts are too tight with no more adjustment.
(Capricorn drivers stop falling off your chairs in laughter right now), we don't care that your diffs are lighter, your diffs are reliable, your drive line is lighter your chassy does not hit the floor in a bow when the breaks are applied, you don't bend chassies on starter boxes, you don't blow gears, your thrust bearings spin without wobbling, you get rubber belts in the kit bla bla bla, this is all too boring for us, we Mugensuckers like a challenge, and a challenge we have got.

Other than that this is a really nice car.
mmmm
Old 03-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Robert Pietsch is participating in the Italian championship 1:10 to Milazzo (Sicily, Italy). Today we have completed qualifications. Until the third heats Pietsch was 7th in the overall standings. In the last heats entered in the first 4 finalists heade
Old 03-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

here to follow the event.
http://www.ducarteam.it/
Old 03-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Attached Thumbnails MTX 5-22032012432.jpg  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Car:

Attached Thumbnails MTX 5-24032012468.jpg   MTX 5-24032012469.jpg  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

The custom box owned Schepis Model:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...2&d=1332624511
Attached Thumbnails MTX 5-24032012461.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.